|By Jeremy Geelan||
|June 6, 2011 06:15 AM EDT||
Today, Monday June 6, when the doors to Cloud Expo New York (June 6-9) open at the Jacob Javits Center, IT infrastructure and operations professionals from around the world will be able to see with their own eyes that the "Summer of Cloud Computing" has well and truly begun.
With company participation from every level of the cloud computing ecosystem and a non-stop, 4-day technical program, Cloud Expo New York features expert speakers from every top Cloud player, including Abiquo, Amazon, Amplidata, AppZero, Aprimo, AT&T, Backupify, CA Technologies, Capgemini, Cbeyond, CiRBA, Cisco, City of Portland, CloudCamp.org, Cloud.com, Cloud9, CloudSwitch, CodeFutures, Dell, Dell Boomi, Desktone, Eucalyptus Systems, FastIgnite, Fiorano, Full360, Fusion-io, Global Digital Forensics, GoGrid, Google, HP, HyTrust, IBM, Intel, iGATE Patni, Impetus, Interactive Intelligence, Interxion, KPMG, Kuppinger Cole, Layered Technologies, Layer7, LogLogic, McAfee, Microsoft, MIT, Monster.com, Mycroft, National Reconnaissance Office, NetDialog, The New York Times, NJVC, NYSERDA, OpSource, Oracle, OutSystems, OxygenCloud, Parabon, PayPal, PerspecSys, Ping Identity, Pitney Bowes, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Quest Software, Racemi, Rackspace, Red Hat, RightScale, Rise Partners, Riverbed Technology, Robust Cloud, Roundarch, Servoy, SnapAppointments, Spoon, Stoneware, Sybase, Telx, 1010data, Terremark, Trend Micro, UShareSoft, Virtela, VMware, Voxel, WidePoint, Xiotech, Yahoo!, Zapthink, Zetta and Zeus Technology.
On the Expo Floor, with over 100 booths, leading technology solutions providers will be showcasing a welter of technologies aimed at making cloud computing reliable, stable and manageable for customers large and small.
The quality of the speakers is best evidenced by the fact that they include:
- Co-Founder and CTO of Dell Boomi - Rick Nucci
- President of Dell Services - Steve Schuckenbrock
- CEO of Abiquo - Pete Malcolm
- CEO & Co-Founder at RightScale - Michael Crandell
- General Manager in Intel's Data Center Group - Jason Waxman
- Sr. VP of the Application Platform Division at VMware - Rod Johnson
- CTO of Rackspace - John Engates
- CEO of Backupify - Rob May
- CEO & Founder of GoGrid - John Keagy
- CTO of Worldwide Services at Microsoft - Norm Judah
- Group VP of Software Cloud Strategy for Oracle Fusion Applications - Chris Leone
- VP of Global Cloud Computing at Yahoo! - Todd Papaioannou
- Technology Evangelist at Amazon - Jinesh Varia
- Developer Advocate at Google - Chris Schalk
- Sr. Software Engineer at IBM - Doug Tidwell
- Director, Cloud Global Practice at HP Enterprise Business - Marc Wilkinson
- CIO of the National Reconnaissance Office - Jill T. Singer
- CTO at PayPal - Scott Guilfoyle
- CTO & Co-Founder of Eucalyptus Systems - Rich Wolski
- Sr. Director of Cloud Platforms at Red Hat - Tobias Kunze
- Co-Founder & CEO at OpSource - Treb Ryan
- VP, Cloud Services at Terremark - Bill Lowry
- CEO of FastIgnite - Simeon Simeonov
- CTO & Co-founder of UShareSoft - James Weir
- Advisor Lean IT & Cloud Computing at CA Technologies - Gregor Petri
- Distinguished System Engineer at Cisco - Jim French
- Sr. Mgr. of SaaS Products & Cloud Solutions at HP - Neil Ashizawa
- CTO McAfee Content & Cloud at McAfee - Scott Chasi
- Business Development Director at Oracle - Arturo Pereyra
- Co-Founder of CloudCamp - Dave Nielsen
- Director at KPMG - Bhargav Shah
- Sr. VP of CRM at Oracle - Anthony Lye
- CTO & Chief Architect at Layer 7 Technologies - K. Scott Morrison
- Partner Engineering Consultant at Spoon - Lee Murphy
- CTO of Sybase - Irfan Khan
- CTO of Vordel - Mark O'Neill
- CEO of AppZero - Greg O'Connor
- Founder & CEO of Oxygen Cloud - Peter Chang
- VP of Cloud Architecture & Services at Virtela - Ron Haigh
- Co-Founder & CEO of Fusion-io - David Flynn
- Co-Founder of The Rackspace Cloud - Rackspace
- President at Layered Technologies - Brad Hokamp
- SVP of Facilities Engineering at Terremark - Ben Stewart
- Founder/CTO of PerspecSys - Terry Woloszyn
- CISO for the City of Portland - Logan Kleier
- Co-Founder & CTO of Ajax.org - Rik Arends
- Engineering Fellow with NJVC - Kevin Jackson
- Founder & CEO of Parabon Computation - Steve Armentrout
- Managing Partner at ZapThink - Jason Bloomberg
- Sr. Sales Engineer at Eucalyptus Systems - Paul Weiss
CEO of Servoy - Jan Aleman
- Founder & CEO of Voxel - Raj Dutt
VP of Product Marketing at Oracle - Rex Wang
Global Director for Global Application Outsourcing at Capgemini - Mark Skilton
CTO at Ping Identity - Patrick Harding
Corporate Business Development at Zeus Technology - Raja Srinivasan
- Technical Leader in the Office of the CTO at Riverbed Technology - Steve Riley
Product Development Lead at Rackspace - Josh Odom
Co-Founder, CEO & CTO at Stoneware - Rick German
VP of Community at Cloud.com - Mark Hinkle
Software Manager at The New York Times - Paul Robbins
Chief Solution Architect at Desktone - Danny Allan
- Director of Advanced Technology & Products for Quest Software - Thomas Bryant
- Director at PricewaterhouseCoopers - Brian Butte
- Java EE and GlassFish Evangelist at Oracle - Arun Gupta
- President & Co-Founder of HyTrust - Eric Chiu
- CTO & SVP, Operations at OpSource - John Rowell
- Co-Founder of KuppingerCole - Tim Cole
- Product Manager in the Cloud Division at Rackspace Hosting - Megan Wohlford
- Communications Director at Interxion - Jelle Frank
- Co-Founder of 1Plug Corporation - Penelope Everall Gordon
- Founder at SnapAppointments - Cody Harris
- Co-Founder of CiRBA - Andrew Hillier
- Co-Founder of SnapAppointments - Brock Holzer
- Director of Integration Solutions for Aprimo - Amelia Ross
- Executive VP at LogLogic - Bill Roth
- VP Engineering at NetDialog - Tim Rühl
- Developer, Web Services at JBoss/Red Hat - Anil Saldhana
- Vice President, Products at Zetta - Chris Schin
- CIO at Enterprise Business Partners - Pradip Sitaram
- Sr. Director of Engineering and R&D at Impetus Technologies - Vineet Tyagi
2011 Instructor at Cloud Computing Bootcamp - Larry Carvalho
Business Development Manager at Ajax.org - Lieke Arends
- Founder & CTO of NetYce - Eric Yspeer
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
Apr. 29, 2016 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,387
SYS-CON Events announced today TMCnet has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Technology Marketing Corporation (TMC) is the world's leading business-to-business and integrated marketing media company, servicing niche markets within the com...
Apr. 29, 2016 04:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,338
Between the mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Charles Kendrick, CTO & Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how business and devel...
Apr. 29, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,633
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
Apr. 28, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,718
Struggling to keep up with increasing application demand? Learn how Platform as a Service (PaaS) can streamline application development processes and make resource management easy.
Apr. 28, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,957
New Relic, Inc. has announced a set of new features across the New Relic Software Analytics Cloud that offer IT operations teams increased visibility, and the ability to diagnose and resolve performance problems quickly. The new features further IT operations teams’ ability to leverage data and analytics, as well as drive collaboration and a common, shared understanding between teams. Software teams are under pressure to resolve performance issues quickly and improve availability, as the comple...
Apr. 28, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,367
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
Apr. 28, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,465
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu, a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to foc...
Apr. 28, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 820
[session] Don’t Forget the Ops: Build Operations into Your Cloud By @BMCSoftware | @CloudExpo #Cloud
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
Apr. 28, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 990
Join IBM June 8 at 18th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and learn how to innovate like a startup and scale for the enterprise. You need to deliver quality applications faster and cheaper, attract and retain customers with an engaging experience across devices, and seamlessly integrate your enterprise systems. And you can't take 12 months to do it.
Apr. 28, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,724
This is not a small hotel event. It is also not a big vendor party where politicians and entertainers are more important than real content. This is Cloud Expo, the world's longest-running conference and exhibition focused on Cloud Computing and all that it entails. If you want serious presentations and valuable insight about Cloud Computing for three straight days, then register now for Cloud Expo.
Apr. 28, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,617
Based on the open source Cloud Foundry technology, IBM Bluemix is an open-standard, cloud-based platform for building, managing, and running applications of all types such as web, mobile, Big Data, and new smart devices. Bluemix abstracts and hides most of the complexities that are associated with hosting and managing cloud-based applications. As an application developer, you can focus on developing your application without having to manage the infrastructure that is required to host it. For mob...
Apr. 28, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 937
The proper isolation of resources is essential for multi-tenant environments. The traditional approach to isolate resources is, however, rather heavyweight. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Igor Drobiazko, co-founder of elastic.io, will draw upon their own experience with operating a Docker container-based infrastructure on a large scale and present a lightweight solution for resource isolation using microservices. He will also discuss the implementation of microservices in data and applicat...
Apr. 28, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,638
As you respond to increasing requests for new analytics, you need fast and flexible technology in your arsenal so that you can deploy the right workload to the right platform for the need at hand. Do you need self-service and fast time to value? Do you have data and application control and privacy needs, along with strict SLAs to meet? IBM dashDB™ is data warehouse technology powered by in-memory computing and in-database analytics that are designed for fast results, scalability and more.
Apr. 28, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,496
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, will discuss how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to im...
Apr. 28, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,550
Peak 10, Inc., has announced the implementation of IT service management, a business process alignment initiative based on the widely adopted Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework. The implementation of IT service management enhances Peak 10’s current service-minded approach to IT delivery by propelling the company to deliver higher levels of personalized and prompt service. The majority of Peak 10’s operations employees have been trained and certified in the ITIL frame...
Apr. 28, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 789
The paradigm has shifted. A Gartner survey shows that 43% of organizations are using or plan to implement the Internet of Things in 2016. However, not just a handful of companies are still using the old-style ad-hoc trial-and-error ways, unaware of the critical barriers, paint points, traps, and hidden roadblocks. How can you become a winner? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Tony Shan will present a methodical approach to guide the holistic adoption and enablement of IoT implementations. This ov...
Apr. 28, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,500
SYS-CON Events announced today that Stratoscale, the software company developing the next generation data center operating system, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Stratoscale is revolutionizing the data center with a zero-to-cloud-in-minutes solution. With Stratoscale’s hardware-agnostic, Software Defined Data Center (SDDC) solution to store everything, run anything and scale everywhere...
Apr. 28, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,450
Angular 2 is a complete re-write of the popular framework AngularJS. Programming in Angular 2 is greatly simplified – now it's a component-based well-performing framework. This immersive one-day workshop at 18th Cloud Expo, led by Yakov Fain, a Java Champion and a co-founder of the IT consultancy Farata Systems and the product company SuranceBay, will provide you with everything you wanted to know about Angular 2.
Apr. 28, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,602
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, will shares the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Apr. 28, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 960