|By Jeremy Geelan||
|June 6, 2011 06:15 AM EDT||
Today, Monday June 6, when the doors to Cloud Expo New York (June 6-9) open at the Jacob Javits Center, IT infrastructure and operations professionals from around the world will be able to see with their own eyes that the "Summer of Cloud Computing" has well and truly begun.
With company participation from every level of the cloud computing ecosystem and a non-stop, 4-day technical program, Cloud Expo New York features expert speakers from every top Cloud player, including Abiquo, Amazon, Amplidata, AppZero, Aprimo, AT&T, Backupify, CA Technologies, Capgemini, Cbeyond, CiRBA, Cisco, City of Portland, CloudCamp.org, Cloud.com, Cloud9, CloudSwitch, CodeFutures, Dell, Dell Boomi, Desktone, Eucalyptus Systems, FastIgnite, Fiorano, Full360, Fusion-io, Global Digital Forensics, GoGrid, Google, HP, HyTrust, IBM, Intel, iGATE Patni, Impetus, Interactive Intelligence, Interxion, KPMG, Kuppinger Cole, Layered Technologies, Layer7, LogLogic, McAfee, Microsoft, MIT, Monster.com, Mycroft, National Reconnaissance Office, NetDialog, The New York Times, NJVC, NYSERDA, OpSource, Oracle, OutSystems, OxygenCloud, Parabon, PayPal, PerspecSys, Ping Identity, Pitney Bowes, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Quest Software, Racemi, Rackspace, Red Hat, RightScale, Rise Partners, Riverbed Technology, Robust Cloud, Roundarch, Servoy, SnapAppointments, Spoon, Stoneware, Sybase, Telx, 1010data, Terremark, Trend Micro, UShareSoft, Virtela, VMware, Voxel, WidePoint, Xiotech, Yahoo!, Zapthink, Zetta and Zeus Technology.
On the Expo Floor, with over 100 booths, leading technology solutions providers will be showcasing a welter of technologies aimed at making cloud computing reliable, stable and manageable for customers large and small.
The quality of the speakers is best evidenced by the fact that they include:
- Co-Founder and CTO of Dell Boomi - Rick Nucci
- President of Dell Services - Steve Schuckenbrock
- CEO of Abiquo - Pete Malcolm
- CEO & Co-Founder at RightScale - Michael Crandell
- General Manager in Intel's Data Center Group - Jason Waxman
- Sr. VP of the Application Platform Division at VMware - Rod Johnson
- CTO of Rackspace - John Engates
- CEO of Backupify - Rob May
- CEO & Founder of GoGrid - John Keagy
- CTO of Worldwide Services at Microsoft - Norm Judah
- Group VP of Software Cloud Strategy for Oracle Fusion Applications - Chris Leone
- VP of Global Cloud Computing at Yahoo! - Todd Papaioannou
- Technology Evangelist at Amazon - Jinesh Varia
- Developer Advocate at Google - Chris Schalk
- Sr. Software Engineer at IBM - Doug Tidwell
- Director, Cloud Global Practice at HP Enterprise Business - Marc Wilkinson
- CIO of the National Reconnaissance Office - Jill T. Singer
- CTO at PayPal - Scott Guilfoyle
- CTO & Co-Founder of Eucalyptus Systems - Rich Wolski
- Sr. Director of Cloud Platforms at Red Hat - Tobias Kunze
- Co-Founder & CEO at OpSource - Treb Ryan
- VP, Cloud Services at Terremark - Bill Lowry
- CEO of FastIgnite - Simeon Simeonov
- CTO & Co-founder of UShareSoft - James Weir
- Advisor Lean IT & Cloud Computing at CA Technologies - Gregor Petri
- Distinguished System Engineer at Cisco - Jim French
- Sr. Mgr. of SaaS Products & Cloud Solutions at HP - Neil Ashizawa
- CTO McAfee Content & Cloud at McAfee - Scott Chasi
- Business Development Director at Oracle - Arturo Pereyra
- Co-Founder of CloudCamp - Dave Nielsen
- Director at KPMG - Bhargav Shah
- Sr. VP of CRM at Oracle - Anthony Lye
- CTO & Chief Architect at Layer 7 Technologies - K. Scott Morrison
- Partner Engineering Consultant at Spoon - Lee Murphy
- CTO of Sybase - Irfan Khan
- CTO of Vordel - Mark O'Neill
- CEO of AppZero - Greg O'Connor
- Founder & CEO of Oxygen Cloud - Peter Chang
- VP of Cloud Architecture & Services at Virtela - Ron Haigh
- Co-Founder & CEO of Fusion-io - David Flynn
- Co-Founder of The Rackspace Cloud - Rackspace
- President at Layered Technologies - Brad Hokamp
- SVP of Facilities Engineering at Terremark - Ben Stewart
- Founder/CTO of PerspecSys - Terry Woloszyn
- CISO for the City of Portland - Logan Kleier
- Co-Founder & CTO of Ajax.org - Rik Arends
- Engineering Fellow with NJVC - Kevin Jackson
- Founder & CEO of Parabon Computation - Steve Armentrout
- Managing Partner at ZapThink - Jason Bloomberg
- Sr. Sales Engineer at Eucalyptus Systems - Paul Weiss
CEO of Servoy - Jan Aleman
- Founder & CEO of Voxel - Raj Dutt
VP of Product Marketing at Oracle - Rex Wang
Global Director for Global Application Outsourcing at Capgemini - Mark Skilton
CTO at Ping Identity - Patrick Harding
Corporate Business Development at Zeus Technology - Raja Srinivasan
- Technical Leader in the Office of the CTO at Riverbed Technology - Steve Riley
Product Development Lead at Rackspace - Josh Odom
Co-Founder, CEO & CTO at Stoneware - Rick German
VP of Community at Cloud.com - Mark Hinkle
Software Manager at The New York Times - Paul Robbins
Chief Solution Architect at Desktone - Danny Allan
- Director of Advanced Technology & Products for Quest Software - Thomas Bryant
- Director at PricewaterhouseCoopers - Brian Butte
- Java EE and GlassFish Evangelist at Oracle - Arun Gupta
- President & Co-Founder of HyTrust - Eric Chiu
- CTO & SVP, Operations at OpSource - John Rowell
- Co-Founder of KuppingerCole - Tim Cole
- Product Manager in the Cloud Division at Rackspace Hosting - Megan Wohlford
- Communications Director at Interxion - Jelle Frank
- Co-Founder of 1Plug Corporation - Penelope Everall Gordon
- Founder at SnapAppointments - Cody Harris
- Co-Founder of CiRBA - Andrew Hillier
- Co-Founder of SnapAppointments - Brock Holzer
- Director of Integration Solutions for Aprimo - Amelia Ross
- Executive VP at LogLogic - Bill Roth
- VP Engineering at NetDialog - Tim Rühl
- Developer, Web Services at JBoss/Red Hat - Anil Saldhana
- Vice President, Products at Zetta - Chris Schin
- CIO at Enterprise Business Partners - Pradip Sitaram
- Sr. Director of Engineering and R&D at Impetus Technologies - Vineet Tyagi
2011 Instructor at Cloud Computing Bootcamp - Larry Carvalho
Business Development Manager at Ajax.org - Lieke Arends
- Founder & CTO of NetYce - Eric Yspeer
Actian Corporation has announced the latest version of the Actian Vector in Hadoop (VectorH) database, generally available at the end of July. VectorH is based on the same query engine that powers Actian Vector, which recently doubled the TPC-H benchmark record for non-clustered systems at the 3000GB scale factor (see tpc.org/3323). The ability to easily ingest information from different data sources and rapidly develop queries to make better business decisions is becoming increasingly importan...
Jul. 29, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 947
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Jul. 29, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 910
[guide] Cloud Analytics for Dummies | @CloudExpo @Informatica #API #Cloud #Analytics #BusinessIntelligence
Cloud analytics is dramatically altering business intelligence. Some businesses will capitalize on these promising new technologies and gain key insights that’ll help them gain competitive advantage. And others won’t. Whether you’re a business leader, an IT manager, or an analyst, we want to help you and the people you need to influence with a free copy of “Cloud Analytics for Dummies,” the essential guide to this explosive new space for business intelligence.
Jul. 29, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 974
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,239
Qosmos has announced new milestones in the detection of encrypted traffic and in protocol signature coverage. Qosmos latest software can accurately classify traffic encrypted with SSL/TLS (e.g., Google, Facebook, WhatsApp), P2P traffic (e.g., BitTorrent, MuTorrent, Vuze), and Skype, while preserving the privacy of communication content. These new classification techniques mean that traffic optimization, policy enforcement, and user experience are largely unaffected by encryption. In respect wit...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 419
ReadyTalk has expanded the capabilities of the FoxDen collaboration platform announced late last year to include FoxDen Connect, an in-room video collaboration experience that launches with a single touch. With FoxDen Connect, users can now not only engage in HD video conferencing between iOS and Android mobile devices or Chrome browsers, but also set up in-person meeting rooms for video interactions. A host’s mobile device automatically recognizes the presence of a meeting room via beacon tech...
Jul. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 386
Manufacturers are embracing the Industrial Internet the same way consumers are leveraging Fitbits – to improve overall health and wellness. Both can provide consistent measurement, visibility, and suggest performance improvements customized to help reach goals. Fitbit users can view real-time data and make adjustments to increase their activity. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Mark Bernardo Professional Services Leader, Americas, at GE Digital, discussed how leveraging the Industrial Internet a...
Jul. 29, 2016 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 651
On Dice.com, the number of job postings asking for skill in Amazon Web Services increased 76 percent between June 2015 and June 2016. Salesforce.com saw its own skill mentions increase 37 percent, while DevOps and Cloud rose 35 percent and 28 percent, respectively. Even as they expand their presence in the cloud, companies are also looking for tech professionals who can manage projects, crunch data, and figure out how to make systems run more autonomously. Mentions of ‘data science’ as a skill ...
Jul. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 442
In his session at Cloud Expo, Robert Cohen, an economist and senior fellow at the Economic Strategy Institute, will provide economic scenarios that describe how the rapid adoption of software-defined everything including cloud services, SDDC and open networking will change GDP, industry growth, productivity and jobs. This session will also include a drill down for several industries such as finance, social media, cloud service providers and pharmaceuticals.
Jul. 29, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 376
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? You need to discover patterns that are repeatable in vast quantities of data, understand their meaning, and implement scalable monitoring across multiple data streams in order to monetize the discoveries and insights. Motif discovery and deep learning platforms are emerging to visualize sensor data, to search for patterns and to build application that can monitor real time streams efficiently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, ...
Jul. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,203
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,114
Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) has announced that NoviFlow Inc.has deployed IxNetwork® to validate the company’s designs and accelerate the delivery of its proven, reliable products. Based in Montréal, NoviFlow Inc. supports network carriers, hyperscale data center operators, and enterprises seeking greater network control and flexibility, network scalability, and the capacity to handle extremely large numbers of flows, while maintaining maximum network performance. To meet these requirements, NoviFlow in...
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 767
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 727
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Jul. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,195
Ovum, a leading technology analyst firm, has published an in-depth report, Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a DevOps Release Management Solution, 2016–17. The report focuses on the automation aspects of DevOps, Release Management and compares solutions from the leading vendors.
Jul. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,835
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,102
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jul. 29, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,278
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,344
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Jul. 29, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 687
[webcast] Mastering DevOps Automation | @DevOpsSummit @IBMDevOps #IBM #Cloud #DevOps #ContinuousDelivery
Deploying applications in hybrid cloud environments is hard work. Your team spends most of the time maintaining your infrastructure, configuring dev/test and production environments, and deploying applications across environments – which can be both time consuming and error prone. But what if you could automate provisioning and deployment to deliver error free environments faster? What could you do with your free time?
Jul. 29, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 449