|By Jeremy Geelan||
|June 6, 2011 06:15 AM EDT||
Today, Monday June 6, when the doors to Cloud Expo New York (June 6-9) open at the Jacob Javits Center, IT infrastructure and operations professionals from around the world will be able to see with their own eyes that the "Summer of Cloud Computing" has well and truly begun.
With company participation from every level of the cloud computing ecosystem and a non-stop, 4-day technical program, Cloud Expo New York features expert speakers from every top Cloud player, including Abiquo, Amazon, Amplidata, AppZero, Aprimo, AT&T, Backupify, CA Technologies, Capgemini, Cbeyond, CiRBA, Cisco, City of Portland, CloudCamp.org, Cloud.com, Cloud9, CloudSwitch, CodeFutures, Dell, Dell Boomi, Desktone, Eucalyptus Systems, FastIgnite, Fiorano, Full360, Fusion-io, Global Digital Forensics, GoGrid, Google, HP, HyTrust, IBM, Intel, iGATE Patni, Impetus, Interactive Intelligence, Interxion, KPMG, Kuppinger Cole, Layered Technologies, Layer7, LogLogic, McAfee, Microsoft, MIT, Monster.com, Mycroft, National Reconnaissance Office, NetDialog, The New York Times, NJVC, NYSERDA, OpSource, Oracle, OutSystems, OxygenCloud, Parabon, PayPal, PerspecSys, Ping Identity, Pitney Bowes, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Quest Software, Racemi, Rackspace, Red Hat, RightScale, Rise Partners, Riverbed Technology, Robust Cloud, Roundarch, Servoy, SnapAppointments, Spoon, Stoneware, Sybase, Telx, 1010data, Terremark, Trend Micro, UShareSoft, Virtela, VMware, Voxel, WidePoint, Xiotech, Yahoo!, Zapthink, Zetta and Zeus Technology.
On the Expo Floor, with over 100 booths, leading technology solutions providers will be showcasing a welter of technologies aimed at making cloud computing reliable, stable and manageable for customers large and small.
The quality of the speakers is best evidenced by the fact that they include:
- Co-Founder and CTO of Dell Boomi - Rick Nucci
- President of Dell Services - Steve Schuckenbrock
- CEO of Abiquo - Pete Malcolm
- CEO & Co-Founder at RightScale - Michael Crandell
- General Manager in Intel's Data Center Group - Jason Waxman
- Sr. VP of the Application Platform Division at VMware - Rod Johnson
- CTO of Rackspace - John Engates
- CEO of Backupify - Rob May
- CEO & Founder of GoGrid - John Keagy
- CTO of Worldwide Services at Microsoft - Norm Judah
- Group VP of Software Cloud Strategy for Oracle Fusion Applications - Chris Leone
- VP of Global Cloud Computing at Yahoo! - Todd Papaioannou
- Technology Evangelist at Amazon - Jinesh Varia
- Developer Advocate at Google - Chris Schalk
- Sr. Software Engineer at IBM - Doug Tidwell
- Director, Cloud Global Practice at HP Enterprise Business - Marc Wilkinson
- CIO of the National Reconnaissance Office - Jill T. Singer
- CTO at PayPal - Scott Guilfoyle
- CTO & Co-Founder of Eucalyptus Systems - Rich Wolski
- Sr. Director of Cloud Platforms at Red Hat - Tobias Kunze
- Co-Founder & CEO at OpSource - Treb Ryan
- VP, Cloud Services at Terremark - Bill Lowry
- CEO of FastIgnite - Simeon Simeonov
- CTO & Co-founder of UShareSoft - James Weir
- Advisor Lean IT & Cloud Computing at CA Technologies - Gregor Petri
- Distinguished System Engineer at Cisco - Jim French
- Sr. Mgr. of SaaS Products & Cloud Solutions at HP - Neil Ashizawa
- CTO McAfee Content & Cloud at McAfee - Scott Chasi
- Business Development Director at Oracle - Arturo Pereyra
- Co-Founder of CloudCamp - Dave Nielsen
- Director at KPMG - Bhargav Shah
- Sr. VP of CRM at Oracle - Anthony Lye
- CTO & Chief Architect at Layer 7 Technologies - K. Scott Morrison
- Partner Engineering Consultant at Spoon - Lee Murphy
- CTO of Sybase - Irfan Khan
- CTO of Vordel - Mark O'Neill
- CEO of AppZero - Greg O'Connor
- Founder & CEO of Oxygen Cloud - Peter Chang
- VP of Cloud Architecture & Services at Virtela - Ron Haigh
- Co-Founder & CEO of Fusion-io - David Flynn
- Co-Founder of The Rackspace Cloud - Rackspace
- President at Layered Technologies - Brad Hokamp
- SVP of Facilities Engineering at Terremark - Ben Stewart
- Founder/CTO of PerspecSys - Terry Woloszyn
- CISO for the City of Portland - Logan Kleier
- Co-Founder & CTO of Ajax.org - Rik Arends
- Engineering Fellow with NJVC - Kevin Jackson
- Founder & CEO of Parabon Computation - Steve Armentrout
- Managing Partner at ZapThink - Jason Bloomberg
- Sr. Sales Engineer at Eucalyptus Systems - Paul Weiss
CEO of Servoy - Jan Aleman
- Founder & CEO of Voxel - Raj Dutt
VP of Product Marketing at Oracle - Rex Wang
Global Director for Global Application Outsourcing at Capgemini - Mark Skilton
CTO at Ping Identity - Patrick Harding
Corporate Business Development at Zeus Technology - Raja Srinivasan
- Technical Leader in the Office of the CTO at Riverbed Technology - Steve Riley
Product Development Lead at Rackspace - Josh Odom
Co-Founder, CEO & CTO at Stoneware - Rick German
VP of Community at Cloud.com - Mark Hinkle
Software Manager at The New York Times - Paul Robbins
Chief Solution Architect at Desktone - Danny Allan
- Director of Advanced Technology & Products for Quest Software - Thomas Bryant
- Director at PricewaterhouseCoopers - Brian Butte
- Java EE and GlassFish Evangelist at Oracle - Arun Gupta
- President & Co-Founder of HyTrust - Eric Chiu
- CTO & SVP, Operations at OpSource - John Rowell
- Co-Founder of KuppingerCole - Tim Cole
- Product Manager in the Cloud Division at Rackspace Hosting - Megan Wohlford
- Communications Director at Interxion - Jelle Frank
- Co-Founder of 1Plug Corporation - Penelope Everall Gordon
- Founder at SnapAppointments - Cody Harris
- Co-Founder of CiRBA - Andrew Hillier
- Co-Founder of SnapAppointments - Brock Holzer
- Director of Integration Solutions for Aprimo - Amelia Ross
- Executive VP at LogLogic - Bill Roth
- VP Engineering at NetDialog - Tim Rühl
- Developer, Web Services at JBoss/Red Hat - Anil Saldhana
- Vice President, Products at Zetta - Chris Schin
- CIO at Enterprise Business Partners - Pradip Sitaram
- Sr. Director of Engineering and R&D at Impetus Technologies - Vineet Tyagi
2011 Instructor at Cloud Computing Bootcamp - Larry Carvalho
Business Development Manager at Ajax.org - Lieke Arends
- Founder & CTO of NetYce - Eric Yspeer
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Oct. 24, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,704
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Oct. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,396
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Oct. 24, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,546
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,988
We're entering the post-smartphone era, where wearable gadgets from watches and fitness bands to glasses and health aids will power the next technological revolution. With mass adoption of wearable devices comes a new data ecosystem that must be protected. Wearables open new pathways that facilitate the tracking, sharing and storing of consumers’ personal health, location and daily activity data. Consumers have some idea of the data these devices capture, but most don’t realize how revealing and...
Oct. 24, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,925
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 24, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 34,149
Governments around the world are adopting Safe Harbor privacy provisions to protect customer data from leaving sovereign territories. Increasingly, global companies are required to create new instances of their server clusters in multiple countries to keep abreast of these new Safe Harbor laws. Is it worth it? In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Adam Rogers, Managing Director of Anexia, Inc., will discuss how to keep your data legal and still stay in business.
Oct. 24, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,448
SYS-CON Events announced today that MathFreeOn will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MathFreeOn is Software as a Service (SaaS) used in Engineering and Math education. Write scripts and solve math problems online. MathFreeOn provides online courses for beginners or amateurs who have difficulties in writing scripts. In accordance with various mathematical topics, there are more tha...
Oct. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,004
In past @ThingsExpo presentations, Joseph di Paolantonio has explored how various Internet of Things (IoT) and data management and analytics (DMA) solution spaces will come together as sensor analytics ecosystems. This year, in his session at @ThingsExpo, Joseph di Paolantonio from DataArchon, will be adding the numerous Transportation areas, from autonomous vehicles to “Uber for containers.” While IoT data in any one area of Transportation will have a huge impact in that area, combining sensor...
Oct. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 844
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 24, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 868
The best way to leverage your Cloud Expo presence as a sponsor and exhibitor is to plan your news announcements around our events. The press covering Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo will have access to these releases and will amplify your news announcements. More than two dozen Cloud companies either set deals at our shows or have announced their mergers and acquisitions at Cloud Expo. Product announcements during our show provide your company with the most reach through our targeted audiences.
Oct. 24, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 4,712
Successful transition from traditional IT to cloud computing requires three key ingredients: an IT architecture that allows companies to extend their internal best practices to the cloud, a cost point that allows economies of scale, and automated processes that manage risk exposure and maintain regulatory compliance with industry regulations (FFIEC, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, FISMA). The unique combination of VMware, the IBM Cloud, and Cloud Raxak, a 2016 Gartner Cool Vendor in IT Automation, provides a co...
Oct. 24, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,211
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Oct. 24, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 996
@ThingsExpo has been named the Top 5 Most Influential Internet of Things Brand by Onalytica in the ‘The Internet of Things Landscape 2015: Top 100 Individuals and Brands.' Onalytica analyzed Twitter conversations around the #IoT debate to uncover the most influential brands and individuals driving the conversation. Onalytica captured data from 56,224 users. The PageRank based methodology they use to extract influencers on a particular topic (tweets mentioning #InternetofThings or #IoT in this ...
Oct. 24, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 8,424
SYS-CON Events announced today that Niagara Networks will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Niagara Networks offers the highest port-density systems, and the most complete Next-Generation Network Visibility systems including Network Packet Brokers, Bypass Switches, and Network TAPs.
Oct. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,313
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and ...
Oct. 24, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,523
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, will discuss the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Oct. 24, 2016 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,876
SYS-CON Events announced today that StarNet Communications will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. StarNet Communications’ FastX is the industry first cloud-based remote X Windows emulator. Using standard Web browsers (FireFox, Chrome, Safari, etc.) users from around the world gain highly secure access to applications and data hosted on Linux-based servers in a central data center. ...
Oct. 24, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,104
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cemware will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Use MATLAB functions by just visiting website mathfreeon.com. MATLAB compatible, freely usable, online platform services. As of October 2016, 80,000 users from 180 countries are enjoying our platform service.
Oct. 24, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 839
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 24, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,078