|By Jeremy Geelan||
|June 6, 2011 06:15 AM EDT||
Today, Monday June 6, when the doors to Cloud Expo New York (June 6-9) open at the Jacob Javits Center, IT infrastructure and operations professionals from around the world will be able to see with their own eyes that the "Summer of Cloud Computing" has well and truly begun.
With company participation from every level of the cloud computing ecosystem and a non-stop, 4-day technical program, Cloud Expo New York features expert speakers from every top Cloud player, including Abiquo, Amazon, Amplidata, AppZero, Aprimo, AT&T, Backupify, CA Technologies, Capgemini, Cbeyond, CiRBA, Cisco, City of Portland, CloudCamp.org, Cloud.com, Cloud9, CloudSwitch, CodeFutures, Dell, Dell Boomi, Desktone, Eucalyptus Systems, FastIgnite, Fiorano, Full360, Fusion-io, Global Digital Forensics, GoGrid, Google, HP, HyTrust, IBM, Intel, iGATE Patni, Impetus, Interactive Intelligence, Interxion, KPMG, Kuppinger Cole, Layered Technologies, Layer7, LogLogic, McAfee, Microsoft, MIT, Monster.com, Mycroft, National Reconnaissance Office, NetDialog, The New York Times, NJVC, NYSERDA, OpSource, Oracle, OutSystems, OxygenCloud, Parabon, PayPal, PerspecSys, Ping Identity, Pitney Bowes, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Quest Software, Racemi, Rackspace, Red Hat, RightScale, Rise Partners, Riverbed Technology, Robust Cloud, Roundarch, Servoy, SnapAppointments, Spoon, Stoneware, Sybase, Telx, 1010data, Terremark, Trend Micro, UShareSoft, Virtela, VMware, Voxel, WidePoint, Xiotech, Yahoo!, Zapthink, Zetta and Zeus Technology.
On the Expo Floor, with over 100 booths, leading technology solutions providers will be showcasing a welter of technologies aimed at making cloud computing reliable, stable and manageable for customers large and small.
The quality of the speakers is best evidenced by the fact that they include:
- Co-Founder and CTO of Dell Boomi - Rick Nucci
- President of Dell Services - Steve Schuckenbrock
- CEO of Abiquo - Pete Malcolm
- CEO & Co-Founder at RightScale - Michael Crandell
- General Manager in Intel's Data Center Group - Jason Waxman
- Sr. VP of the Application Platform Division at VMware - Rod Johnson
- CTO of Rackspace - John Engates
- CEO of Backupify - Rob May
- CEO & Founder of GoGrid - John Keagy
- CTO of Worldwide Services at Microsoft - Norm Judah
- Group VP of Software Cloud Strategy for Oracle Fusion Applications - Chris Leone
- VP of Global Cloud Computing at Yahoo! - Todd Papaioannou
- Technology Evangelist at Amazon - Jinesh Varia
- Developer Advocate at Google - Chris Schalk
- Sr. Software Engineer at IBM - Doug Tidwell
- Director, Cloud Global Practice at HP Enterprise Business - Marc Wilkinson
- CIO of the National Reconnaissance Office - Jill T. Singer
- CTO at PayPal - Scott Guilfoyle
- CTO & Co-Founder of Eucalyptus Systems - Rich Wolski
- Sr. Director of Cloud Platforms at Red Hat - Tobias Kunze
- Co-Founder & CEO at OpSource - Treb Ryan
- VP, Cloud Services at Terremark - Bill Lowry
- CEO of FastIgnite - Simeon Simeonov
- CTO & Co-founder of UShareSoft - James Weir
- Advisor Lean IT & Cloud Computing at CA Technologies - Gregor Petri
- Distinguished System Engineer at Cisco - Jim French
- Sr. Mgr. of SaaS Products & Cloud Solutions at HP - Neil Ashizawa
- CTO McAfee Content & Cloud at McAfee - Scott Chasi
- Business Development Director at Oracle - Arturo Pereyra
- Co-Founder of CloudCamp - Dave Nielsen
- Director at KPMG - Bhargav Shah
- Sr. VP of CRM at Oracle - Anthony Lye
- CTO & Chief Architect at Layer 7 Technologies - K. Scott Morrison
- Partner Engineering Consultant at Spoon - Lee Murphy
- CTO of Sybase - Irfan Khan
- CTO of Vordel - Mark O'Neill
- CEO of AppZero - Greg O'Connor
- Founder & CEO of Oxygen Cloud - Peter Chang
- VP of Cloud Architecture & Services at Virtela - Ron Haigh
- Co-Founder & CEO of Fusion-io - David Flynn
- Co-Founder of The Rackspace Cloud - Rackspace
- President at Layered Technologies - Brad Hokamp
- SVP of Facilities Engineering at Terremark - Ben Stewart
- Founder/CTO of PerspecSys - Terry Woloszyn
- CISO for the City of Portland - Logan Kleier
- Co-Founder & CTO of Ajax.org - Rik Arends
- Engineering Fellow with NJVC - Kevin Jackson
- Founder & CEO of Parabon Computation - Steve Armentrout
- Managing Partner at ZapThink - Jason Bloomberg
- Sr. Sales Engineer at Eucalyptus Systems - Paul Weiss
CEO of Servoy - Jan Aleman
- Founder & CEO of Voxel - Raj Dutt
VP of Product Marketing at Oracle - Rex Wang
Global Director for Global Application Outsourcing at Capgemini - Mark Skilton
CTO at Ping Identity - Patrick Harding
Corporate Business Development at Zeus Technology - Raja Srinivasan
- Technical Leader in the Office of the CTO at Riverbed Technology - Steve Riley
Product Development Lead at Rackspace - Josh Odom
Co-Founder, CEO & CTO at Stoneware - Rick German
VP of Community at Cloud.com - Mark Hinkle
Software Manager at The New York Times - Paul Robbins
Chief Solution Architect at Desktone - Danny Allan
- Director of Advanced Technology & Products for Quest Software - Thomas Bryant
- Director at PricewaterhouseCoopers - Brian Butte
- Java EE and GlassFish Evangelist at Oracle - Arun Gupta
- President & Co-Founder of HyTrust - Eric Chiu
- CTO & SVP, Operations at OpSource - John Rowell
- Co-Founder of KuppingerCole - Tim Cole
- Product Manager in the Cloud Division at Rackspace Hosting - Megan Wohlford
- Communications Director at Interxion - Jelle Frank
- Co-Founder of 1Plug Corporation - Penelope Everall Gordon
- Founder at SnapAppointments - Cody Harris
- Co-Founder of CiRBA - Andrew Hillier
- Co-Founder of SnapAppointments - Brock Holzer
- Director of Integration Solutions for Aprimo - Amelia Ross
- Executive VP at LogLogic - Bill Roth
- VP Engineering at NetDialog - Tim Rühl
- Developer, Web Services at JBoss/Red Hat - Anil Saldhana
- Vice President, Products at Zetta - Chris Schin
- CIO at Enterprise Business Partners - Pradip Sitaram
- Sr. Director of Engineering and R&D at Impetus Technologies - Vineet Tyagi
2011 Instructor at Cloud Computing Bootcamp - Larry Carvalho
Business Development Manager at Ajax.org - Lieke Arends
- Founder & CTO of NetYce - Eric Yspeer
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 27, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,140
Digital Initiatives create new ways of conducting business, which drive the need for increasingly advanced security and regulatory compliance challenges with exponentially more damaging consequences. In the BMC and Forbes Insights Survey in 2016, 97% of executives said they expect a rise in data breach attempts in the next 12 months. Sixty percent said operations and security teams have only a general understanding of each other’s requirements, resulting in a “SecOps gap” leaving organizations u...
Jun. 27, 2016 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,040
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
Jun. 27, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 187
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 27, 2016 01:01 PM EDT Reads: 170
Edge Hosting has announced a partnership with and the availability of CloudFlare, a web application firewall, CDN and DDoS mitigation service. “This partnership enhances Edge Hosting’s world class, perimeter layer, application (layer 7) defensive mechanism,” said Mark Houpt, Edge Hosting CISO. “The goal was to enable a new layer of customer controlled defense and compliance through the application of DDoS filters and mitigations, the web application firewall (WAF) feature and the added benefit ...
Jun. 27, 2016 12:19 PM EDT Reads: 268
There are several IoTs: the Industrial Internet, Consumer Wearables, Wearables and Healthcare, Supply Chains, and the movement toward Smart Grids, Cities, Regions, and Nations. There are competing communications standards every step of the way, a bewildering array of sensors and devices, and an entire world of competing data analytics platforms. To some this appears to be chaos. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Bradley Holt, Developer Advocate a...
Jun. 27, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 776
Presidio Receives @EMCcorp Partner Services Quality Award | @ThingsExpo @Presidio #IoT #DigitalTransformation
Presidio has received the 2015 EMC Partner Services Quality Award from EMC Corporation for achieving outstanding service excellence and customer satisfaction as measured by the EMC Partner Services Quality (PSQ) program. Presidio was also honored as the 2015 EMC Americas Marketing Excellence Partner of the Year and 2015 Mid-Market East Partner of the Year. The EMC PSQ program is a project-specific survey program designed for partners with Service Partner designations to solicit customer feedbac...
Jun. 27, 2016 11:55 AM EDT Reads: 227
You are moving to the Cloud. The question is not if, it’s when. Now that your competitors are in the cloud and lapping you, your “when” better hurry up and get here. But saying and doing are two different things. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Robert Reeves, CTO of Datical, explained how DevOps can be your onramp to the cloud. By adopting simple, platform independent DevOps strategies, you can accelerate your move to the cloud. Spoiler Alert: He also makes sure you don’t...
Jun. 27, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 966
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Jun. 27, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 904
University of Colorado Athletics has selected FORTRUST, Colorado’s only Tier III Gold certified data center, as their official data center and colocation services provider, FORTRUST announced today. A nationally recognized and prominent collegiate athletics program, CU provides a high quality and comprehensive student-athlete experience. The program sponsors 17 varsity teams and in their history, the Colorado Buffaloes have collected an impressive 28 national championships. Maintaining uptime...
Jun. 27, 2016 10:59 AM EDT Reads: 331
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 27, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,011
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 27, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 852
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 27, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,068
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Jun. 27, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 994
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, discussed how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He also discussed how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors ...
Jun. 27, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 883
The initial debate is over: Any enterprise with a serious commitment to IT is migrating to the cloud. But things are not so simple. There is a complex mix of on-premises, colocated, and public-cloud deployments. In this power panel at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Commvault; Dave Landa, Chief Operating Officer at kintone; William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interou...
Jun. 27, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 836
Your business relies on your applications and your employees to stay in business. Whether you develop apps or manage business critical apps that help fuel your business, what happens when users experience sluggish performance? You and all technical teams across the organization – application, network, operations, among others, as well as, those outside the organization, like ISPs and third-party providers – are called in to solve the problem.
Jun. 27, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 733
"SpeedyCloud's specialty lies in providing cloud services - we provide IaaS for Internet and enterprises companies," explained Hao Yu, CEO and co-founder of SpeedyCloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 27, 2016 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 849
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 27, 2016 07:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,020
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Jun. 27, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 752