|By Jeremy Geelan||
|June 6, 2011 06:15 AM EDT||
Today, Monday June 6, when the doors to Cloud Expo New York (June 6-9) open at the Jacob Javits Center, IT infrastructure and operations professionals from around the world will be able to see with their own eyes that the "Summer of Cloud Computing" has well and truly begun.
With company participation from every level of the cloud computing ecosystem and a non-stop, 4-day technical program, Cloud Expo New York features expert speakers from every top Cloud player, including Abiquo, Amazon, Amplidata, AppZero, Aprimo, AT&T, Backupify, CA Technologies, Capgemini, Cbeyond, CiRBA, Cisco, City of Portland, CloudCamp.org, Cloud.com, Cloud9, CloudSwitch, CodeFutures, Dell, Dell Boomi, Desktone, Eucalyptus Systems, FastIgnite, Fiorano, Full360, Fusion-io, Global Digital Forensics, GoGrid, Google, HP, HyTrust, IBM, Intel, iGATE Patni, Impetus, Interactive Intelligence, Interxion, KPMG, Kuppinger Cole, Layered Technologies, Layer7, LogLogic, McAfee, Microsoft, MIT, Monster.com, Mycroft, National Reconnaissance Office, NetDialog, The New York Times, NJVC, NYSERDA, OpSource, Oracle, OutSystems, OxygenCloud, Parabon, PayPal, PerspecSys, Ping Identity, Pitney Bowes, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Quest Software, Racemi, Rackspace, Red Hat, RightScale, Rise Partners, Riverbed Technology, Robust Cloud, Roundarch, Servoy, SnapAppointments, Spoon, Stoneware, Sybase, Telx, 1010data, Terremark, Trend Micro, UShareSoft, Virtela, VMware, Voxel, WidePoint, Xiotech, Yahoo!, Zapthink, Zetta and Zeus Technology.
On the Expo Floor, with over 100 booths, leading technology solutions providers will be showcasing a welter of technologies aimed at making cloud computing reliable, stable and manageable for customers large and small.
The quality of the speakers is best evidenced by the fact that they include:
- Co-Founder and CTO of Dell Boomi - Rick Nucci
- President of Dell Services - Steve Schuckenbrock
- CEO of Abiquo - Pete Malcolm
- CEO & Co-Founder at RightScale - Michael Crandell
- General Manager in Intel's Data Center Group - Jason Waxman
- Sr. VP of the Application Platform Division at VMware - Rod Johnson
- CTO of Rackspace - John Engates
- CEO of Backupify - Rob May
- CEO & Founder of GoGrid - John Keagy
- CTO of Worldwide Services at Microsoft - Norm Judah
- Group VP of Software Cloud Strategy for Oracle Fusion Applications - Chris Leone
- VP of Global Cloud Computing at Yahoo! - Todd Papaioannou
- Technology Evangelist at Amazon - Jinesh Varia
- Developer Advocate at Google - Chris Schalk
- Sr. Software Engineer at IBM - Doug Tidwell
- Director, Cloud Global Practice at HP Enterprise Business - Marc Wilkinson
- CIO of the National Reconnaissance Office - Jill T. Singer
- CTO at PayPal - Scott Guilfoyle
- CTO & Co-Founder of Eucalyptus Systems - Rich Wolski
- Sr. Director of Cloud Platforms at Red Hat - Tobias Kunze
- Co-Founder & CEO at OpSource - Treb Ryan
- VP, Cloud Services at Terremark - Bill Lowry
- CEO of FastIgnite - Simeon Simeonov
- CTO & Co-founder of UShareSoft - James Weir
- Advisor Lean IT & Cloud Computing at CA Technologies - Gregor Petri
- Distinguished System Engineer at Cisco - Jim French
- Sr. Mgr. of SaaS Products & Cloud Solutions at HP - Neil Ashizawa
- CTO McAfee Content & Cloud at McAfee - Scott Chasi
- Business Development Director at Oracle - Arturo Pereyra
- Co-Founder of CloudCamp - Dave Nielsen
- Director at KPMG - Bhargav Shah
- Sr. VP of CRM at Oracle - Anthony Lye
- CTO & Chief Architect at Layer 7 Technologies - K. Scott Morrison
- Partner Engineering Consultant at Spoon - Lee Murphy
- CTO of Sybase - Irfan Khan
- CTO of Vordel - Mark O'Neill
- CEO of AppZero - Greg O'Connor
- Founder & CEO of Oxygen Cloud - Peter Chang
- VP of Cloud Architecture & Services at Virtela - Ron Haigh
- Co-Founder & CEO of Fusion-io - David Flynn
- Co-Founder of The Rackspace Cloud - Rackspace
- President at Layered Technologies - Brad Hokamp
- SVP of Facilities Engineering at Terremark - Ben Stewart
- Founder/CTO of PerspecSys - Terry Woloszyn
- CISO for the City of Portland - Logan Kleier
- Co-Founder & CTO of Ajax.org - Rik Arends
- Engineering Fellow with NJVC - Kevin Jackson
- Founder & CEO of Parabon Computation - Steve Armentrout
- Managing Partner at ZapThink - Jason Bloomberg
- Sr. Sales Engineer at Eucalyptus Systems - Paul Weiss
CEO of Servoy - Jan Aleman
- Founder & CEO of Voxel - Raj Dutt
VP of Product Marketing at Oracle - Rex Wang
Global Director for Global Application Outsourcing at Capgemini - Mark Skilton
CTO at Ping Identity - Patrick Harding
Corporate Business Development at Zeus Technology - Raja Srinivasan
- Technical Leader in the Office of the CTO at Riverbed Technology - Steve Riley
Product Development Lead at Rackspace - Josh Odom
Co-Founder, CEO & CTO at Stoneware - Rick German
VP of Community at Cloud.com - Mark Hinkle
Software Manager at The New York Times - Paul Robbins
Chief Solution Architect at Desktone - Danny Allan
- Director of Advanced Technology & Products for Quest Software - Thomas Bryant
- Director at PricewaterhouseCoopers - Brian Butte
- Java EE and GlassFish Evangelist at Oracle - Arun Gupta
- President & Co-Founder of HyTrust - Eric Chiu
- CTO & SVP, Operations at OpSource - John Rowell
- Co-Founder of KuppingerCole - Tim Cole
- Product Manager in the Cloud Division at Rackspace Hosting - Megan Wohlford
- Communications Director at Interxion - Jelle Frank
- Co-Founder of 1Plug Corporation - Penelope Everall Gordon
- Founder at SnapAppointments - Cody Harris
- Co-Founder of CiRBA - Andrew Hillier
- Co-Founder of SnapAppointments - Brock Holzer
- Director of Integration Solutions for Aprimo - Amelia Ross
- Executive VP at LogLogic - Bill Roth
- VP Engineering at NetDialog - Tim Rühl
- Developer, Web Services at JBoss/Red Hat - Anil Saldhana
- Vice President, Products at Zetta - Chris Schin
- CIO at Enterprise Business Partners - Pradip Sitaram
- Sr. Director of Engineering and R&D at Impetus Technologies - Vineet Tyagi
2011 Instructor at Cloud Computing Bootcamp - Larry Carvalho
Business Development Manager at Ajax.org - Lieke Arends
- Founder & CTO of NetYce - Eric Yspeer
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint Systems, Inc., a provider of innovative web and infrastructure monitoring solutions, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit at 18th Cloud Expo New York, which will take place June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into customer-critical services to help consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed...
Feb. 13, 2016 07:00 PM EST Reads: 417
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Feb. 13, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 206
SYS-CON Events announced today that FalconStor Software® Inc., a 15-year innovator of software-defined storage solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. FalconStor Software®, Inc. (NASDAQ: FALC) is a leading software-defined storage company offering a converged, hardware-agnostic, software-defined storage and data services platform. Its flagship solution FreeStor®, utilizes a horizonta...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:30 PM EST
With an estimated 50 billion devices connected to the Internet by 2020, several industries will begin to expand their capabilities for retaining end point data at the edge to better utilize the range of data types and sheer volume of M2M data generated by the Internet of Things. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Don DeLoach, CEO and President of Infobright, will discuss the infrastructures businesses will need to implement to handle this explosion of data by providing specific use cases for filte...
Feb. 13, 2016 02:00 PM EST Reads: 258
SYS-CON Events announced today that Avere Systems, a leading provider of enterprise storage for the hybrid cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Avere delivers a more modern architectural approach to storage that doesn’t require the overprovisioning of storage capacity to achieve performance, overspending on expensive storage media for inactive data or the overbuilding of data centers ...
Feb. 13, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 146
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies adopt disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advanced analytics, and DevO...
Feb. 13, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 286
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 473
SYS-CON Events announced today that Interoute, owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2015 at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Interoute is the owner-operator of one of Europe's largest networks and a global cloud services platform which encompasses 12 data centers, 14 virtual data centers and 31 colocation centers, with connections to 195 ad...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 451
The Quantified Economy represents the total global addressable market (TAM) for IoT that, according to a recent IDC report, will grow to an unprecedented $1.3 trillion by 2019. With this the third wave of the Internet-global proliferation of connected devices, appliances and sensors is poised to take off in 2016. In his session at @ThingsExpo, David McLauchlan, CEO and co-founder of Buddy Platform, will discuss how the ability to access and analyze the massive volume of streaming data from mil...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:00 PM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that Alert Logic, Inc., the leading provider of Security-as-a-Service solutions for the cloud, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Alert Logic, Inc., provides Security-as-a-Service for on-premises, cloud, and hybrid infrastructures, delivering deep security insight and continuous protection for customers at a lower cost than traditional security solutions. Ful...
Feb. 13, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 474
In most cases, it is convenient to have some human interaction with a web (micro-)service, no matter how small it is. A traditional approach would be to create an HTTP interface, where user requests will be dispatched and HTML/CSS pages must be served. This approach is indeed very traditional for a web site, but not really convenient for a web service, which is not intended to be good looking, 24x7 up and running and UX-optimized. Instead, talking to a web service in a chat-bot mode would be muc...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 314
SYS-CON Events announced today that Men & Mice, the leading global provider of DNS, DHCP and IP address management overlay solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. The Men & Mice Suite overlay solution is already known for its powerful application in heterogeneous operating environments, enabling enterprises to scale without fuss. Building on a solid range of diverse platform support,...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 278
When building large, cloud-based applications that operate at a high scale, it’s important to maintain a high availability and resilience to failures. In order to do that, you must be tolerant of failures, even in light of failures in other areas of your application. “Fly two mistakes high” is an old adage in the radio control airplane hobby. It means, fly high enough so that if you make a mistake, you can continue flying with room to still make mistakes. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:45 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that AppNeta, the leader in performance insight for business-critical web applications, will exhibit and present at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AppNeta is the only application performance monitoring (APM) company to provide solutions for all applications – applications you develop internally, business-critical SaaS applications you use and the networks that deli...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 447
Fortunately, meaningful and tangible business cases for IoT are plentiful in a broad array of industries and vertical markets. These range from simple warranty cost reduction for capital intensive assets, to minimizing downtime for vital business tools, to creating feedback loops improving product design, to improving and enhancing enterprise customer experiences. All of these business cases, which will be briefly explored in this session, hinge on cost effectively extracting relevant data from ...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 158
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 281
WebSocket is effectively a persistent and fat pipe that is compatible with a standard web infrastructure; a "TCP for the Web." If you think of WebSocket in this light, there are other more hugely interesting applications of WebSocket than just simply sending data to a browser. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Frank Greco, Director of Technology for Kaazing Corporation, will compare other modern web connectivity methods such as HTTP/2, HTTP Streaming, Server-Sent Events and new W3C event APIs ...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:30 AM EST
SYS-CON Events announced today that iDevices®, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. iDevices, the preeminent brand in the connected home industry, has a growing line of HomeKit-enabled products available at the largest retailers worldwide. Through the “Designed with iDevices” co-development program and its custom-built IoT Cloud Infrastruc...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 154
Companies can harness IoT and predictive analytics to sustain business continuity; predict and manage site performance during emergencies; minimize expensive reactive maintenance; and forecast equipment and maintenance budgets and expenditures. Providing cost-effective, uninterrupted service is challenging, particularly for organizations with geographically dispersed operations.
Feb. 13, 2016 11:00 AM EST
There will be new vendors providing applications, middleware, and connected devices to support the thriving IoT ecosystem. This essentially means that electronic device manufacturers will also be in the software business. Many will be new to building embedded software or robust software. This creates an increased importance on software quality, particularly within the Industrial Internet of Things where business-critical applications are becoming dependent on products controlled by software. Qua...
Feb. 13, 2016 11:00 AM EST