|By Marketwired .||
|November 7, 2012 02:35 PM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/07/12 --
Core News Facts:
- Bunchball, the pioneer and market leader in gamification, today announced that it is helping its customers ignite unprecedented gains in audience and employee engagement by applying game mechanics to websites, Facebook apps, mobile experiences and online programs.
- Bunchball is seeing how its acclaimed Nitro gamification platform, along with Bunchball's turnkey Nitro for Web Engagement solution, help companies achieve their business goals sooner by motivating users to consume, create and share at unprecedented levels.
- By applying proven gamification best practices to their online experiences, Bunchball customers attain staggering increases in key engagement metrics.
- Real-world results show a sampling of Bunchball customers have seen a 229 percent rise in page views, a 163 percent increase in retained audience, and a 175 percent boost in total engagement as measured by activities per user.
- One entertainment giant even recorded an astounding 530 percent increase in page views after gamifying its online experience with Bunchball.
- Nitro for Web Engagement is part of a growing line of Integrated Nitro Solutions that enables out-of-the-box gamification with pre-built presentation pages, pre-configured point economies, and an optimized admin console.
- Bunchball's Integrated Nitro Solutions are designed to help customers quickly solve specific business problems using gamification, with Nitro for Web Engagement targeting media, entertainment and publishing companies aiming to attract and retain consumers to sites and apps rich in online content and advertising. Gamifying online experiences creates long-term stickiness by introducing the dynamics of competition and achievement through the use of goal-setting, real-time feedback, competition, status and recognition to encourage users to consume, share and comment in ways that reinforce brands, products and services.
- Nitro for Web Engagement is especially effective at encouraging user participation because it seamlessly extends across platforms to embrace the entire user experience from websites to mobile apps to social networks. Users can log into a gamified experience from Facebook, for instance, or advance within a mission using the gamification features added to a customer's mobile app.
- The need to engage audiences -- consumers, communities and employees -- has never been more urgent. Businesses are competing for the attention of an increasingly distracted and mobile public, with 19 percent of users' online time spent on social networks(i), and an average of 94 minutes a day devoted to using mobile apps (compared to 72 minutes spent browsing the Internet).(ii)
- Nitro for Web Engagement comes with everything organizations need right out of the box: pre-built web pages and mobile widgets, pre-configured point economies, a complete set of missions, and an optimized admin console.
- Unlike competing engagement solutions -- which are typically just frameworks or APIs that require weeks of development -- Nitro for Web Engagement can be deployed in a few hours. Users can easily skin and configure their gamification components without intensive development.
- Customers gain insight into granular user activity with Bunchball's extensive analytics, which in turn help refine and optimize challenges, content and rewards to improve engagement further.
Attributable to Neal Patel, Vice President, Technology, J. Hilburn
"We implemented Bunchball Nitro for Web Engagement to reward our 3,000 style consultants for doing things that help drive our business: placing orders with new or return customers, improving their style knowledge, building out their teams, and more. With Bunchball, we've created a customized experience that lets our network of style consultants know that every action they take is recognized and valued. As the world's fastest-growing luxury men's brand offering clothes constructed by hand for every customer, we at J. Hilburn understand the importance of making an experience seamless, engaging and easy. That's precisely how our team found the Bunchball experience -- a complete value-add that delivered only upside. We look forward to expanding our use of Nitro for Web Engagement in the coming months to cultivate even more business-building activities."
Attributable to Joe Fisher, Vice President, Products, Bunchball
"To build memberships, revenues and loyalty online, businesses first must engage audiences with experiences that make them want to participate again and again. As Bunchball's real-world customer data shows, nothing engages like gamification. And with Nitro for Web Engagement, more Bunchball customers are learning how quickly and easily they can gamify their online experience across every platform their audience uses. Only Nitro for Web Engagement offers a turnkey gamification solution that does it all -- and without the burden and expense of development."
Bunchball is the market leader and visionary in gamification. Powering the Engaged Enterprise, Bunchball enables organizations to improve business performance throughout their ecosystem by creating highly active and loyal customers, employees, and partners. Bunchball's comprehensive suite of innovative cloud-based solutions empowers companies to engage and motivate, leading to improved employee productivity, customer loyalty and ROI. Bunchball's world-class customers include Adobe, HP, Cisco, Warner Bros., Comcast, LiveOps, VMware and Hasbro. Based in Silicon Valley, Bunchball's investors include Granite Ventures, Triangle Peak Partners, Northport Investments, and Correlation Ventures. For more information, visit www.bunchball.com, our blog at www.gamification.com, or follow @bunchball.
(i) "People Spent 6.7 Billion Hours on Social Networks in October," comscore Data Mine, Jan. 4, 2012, last accessed on July 12, 2012 at http://www.comscoredatamine.com/2012/01/people-spent-6-7-billion-hours-on-social-networks-in-october/
(ii) "Phone, tablet users spend more time with apps than Web," CNN Tech, Jan. 20, 2012, last accessed on July 12, 2012 at http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/20/tech/mobile/apps-web-gahran/index.html
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2145838
Inner Circle Labs
Email: [email protected]
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Dec. 2, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 1,371
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Dec. 2, 2016 01:00 PM EST Reads: 2,435
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 2, 2016 12:11 PM EST Reads: 142
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,823
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 127
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,451
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and G...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,842
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 3,737
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 393
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 393
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 1,590
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 2, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,897
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,020
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, discussed key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the age ...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,069
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 502
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 602
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, sha...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 694
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 2, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 568
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 2, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 704
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Dec. 2, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 2,108