|By Marketwired .||
|November 7, 2012 02:35 PM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/07/12 --
Core News Facts:
- Bunchball, the pioneer and market leader in gamification, today announced that it is helping its customers ignite unprecedented gains in audience and employee engagement by applying game mechanics to websites, Facebook apps, mobile experiences and online programs.
- Bunchball is seeing how its acclaimed Nitro gamification platform, along with Bunchball's turnkey Nitro for Web Engagement solution, help companies achieve their business goals sooner by motivating users to consume, create and share at unprecedented levels.
- By applying proven gamification best practices to their online experiences, Bunchball customers attain staggering increases in key engagement metrics.
- Real-world results show a sampling of Bunchball customers have seen a 229 percent rise in page views, a 163 percent increase in retained audience, and a 175 percent boost in total engagement as measured by activities per user.
- One entertainment giant even recorded an astounding 530 percent increase in page views after gamifying its online experience with Bunchball.
- Nitro for Web Engagement is part of a growing line of Integrated Nitro Solutions that enables out-of-the-box gamification with pre-built presentation pages, pre-configured point economies, and an optimized admin console.
- Bunchball's Integrated Nitro Solutions are designed to help customers quickly solve specific business problems using gamification, with Nitro for Web Engagement targeting media, entertainment and publishing companies aiming to attract and retain consumers to sites and apps rich in online content and advertising. Gamifying online experiences creates long-term stickiness by introducing the dynamics of competition and achievement through the use of goal-setting, real-time feedback, competition, status and recognition to encourage users to consume, share and comment in ways that reinforce brands, products and services.
- Nitro for Web Engagement is especially effective at encouraging user participation because it seamlessly extends across platforms to embrace the entire user experience from websites to mobile apps to social networks. Users can log into a gamified experience from Facebook, for instance, or advance within a mission using the gamification features added to a customer's mobile app.
- The need to engage audiences -- consumers, communities and employees -- has never been more urgent. Businesses are competing for the attention of an increasingly distracted and mobile public, with 19 percent of users' online time spent on social networks(i), and an average of 94 minutes a day devoted to using mobile apps (compared to 72 minutes spent browsing the Internet).(ii)
- Nitro for Web Engagement comes with everything organizations need right out of the box: pre-built web pages and mobile widgets, pre-configured point economies, a complete set of missions, and an optimized admin console.
- Unlike competing engagement solutions -- which are typically just frameworks or APIs that require weeks of development -- Nitro for Web Engagement can be deployed in a few hours. Users can easily skin and configure their gamification components without intensive development.
- Customers gain insight into granular user activity with Bunchball's extensive analytics, which in turn help refine and optimize challenges, content and rewards to improve engagement further.
Attributable to Neal Patel, Vice President, Technology, J. Hilburn
"We implemented Bunchball Nitro for Web Engagement to reward our 3,000 style consultants for doing things that help drive our business: placing orders with new or return customers, improving their style knowledge, building out their teams, and more. With Bunchball, we've created a customized experience that lets our network of style consultants know that every action they take is recognized and valued. As the world's fastest-growing luxury men's brand offering clothes constructed by hand for every customer, we at J. Hilburn understand the importance of making an experience seamless, engaging and easy. That's precisely how our team found the Bunchball experience -- a complete value-add that delivered only upside. We look forward to expanding our use of Nitro for Web Engagement in the coming months to cultivate even more business-building activities."
Attributable to Joe Fisher, Vice President, Products, Bunchball
"To build memberships, revenues and loyalty online, businesses first must engage audiences with experiences that make them want to participate again and again. As Bunchball's real-world customer data shows, nothing engages like gamification. And with Nitro for Web Engagement, more Bunchball customers are learning how quickly and easily they can gamify their online experience across every platform their audience uses. Only Nitro for Web Engagement offers a turnkey gamification solution that does it all -- and without the burden and expense of development."
Bunchball is the market leader and visionary in gamification. Powering the Engaged Enterprise, Bunchball enables organizations to improve business performance throughout their ecosystem by creating highly active and loyal customers, employees, and partners. Bunchball's comprehensive suite of innovative cloud-based solutions empowers companies to engage and motivate, leading to improved employee productivity, customer loyalty and ROI. Bunchball's world-class customers include Adobe, HP, Cisco, Warner Bros., Comcast, LiveOps, VMware and Hasbro. Based in Silicon Valley, Bunchball's investors include Granite Ventures, Triangle Peak Partners, Northport Investments, and Correlation Ventures. For more information, visit www.bunchball.com, our blog at www.gamification.com, or follow @bunchball.
(i) "People Spent 6.7 Billion Hours on Social Networks in October," comscore Data Mine, Jan. 4, 2012, last accessed on July 12, 2012 at http://www.comscoredatamine.com/2012/01/people-spent-6-7-billion-hours-on-social-networks-in-october/
(ii) "Phone, tablet users spend more time with apps than Web," CNN Tech, Jan. 20, 2012, last accessed on July 12, 2012 at http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/20/tech/mobile/apps-web-gahran/index.html
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2145838
Inner Circle Labs
Email: [email protected]
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, p...
Nov. 23, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,601
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Nov. 23, 2014 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,298
Verizon Enterprise Solutions is simplifying the cloud-purchasing experience for its clients, with the launch of Verizon Cloud Marketplace, a key foundational component of the company's robust ecosystem of enterprise-class technologies. The online storefront will initially feature pre-built cloud-based services from AppDynamics, Hitachi Data Systems, Juniper Networks, PfSense and Tervela. Available globally to enterprises using Verizon Cloud, Verizon Cloud Marketplace provides a one-stop shop fo...
Nov. 23, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,264
Leysin American School is an exclusive, private boarding school located in Leysin, Switzerland. Leysin selected an OpenStack-powered, private cloud as a service to manage multiple applications and provide development environments for students across the institution. Seeking to meet rigid data sovereignty and data integrity requirements while offering flexible, on-demand cloud resources to users, Leysin identified OpenStack as the clear choice to round out the school's cloud strategy. Additional...
Nov. 23, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,381
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com...
Nov. 23, 2014 07:45 AM EST Reads: 1,424
We are all here because we are sold on the transformative promise of The Cloud. But what good is all of this ephemeral, on-demand infrastructure if your usage doesn't actually improve the agility and speed of your business? How must Operations adapt in order to avoid stifling your Cloud initiative? In his session at DevOps Summit, Damon Edwards, co-founder and managing partner of the DTO Solutions, will highlight the successful organizational, process, and tooling patterns of high-performing c...
Nov. 23, 2014 02:00 AM EST Reads: 1,168
The definition of IoT is not new, in fact it’s been around for over a decade. What has changed is the public's awareness that the technology we use on a daily basis has caught up on the vision of an always on, always connected world. If you look into the details of what comprises the IoT, you’ll see that it includes everything from cloud computing, Big Data analytics, “Things,” Web communication, applications, network, storage, etc. It is essentially including everything connected online from ha...
Nov. 22, 2014 10:00 PM EST Reads: 1,273
Software-driven innovation is becoming a primary approach to how businesses create and deliver new value to customers. A survey of 400 business and IT executives by the IBM Institute for Business Value showed businesses that are more effective at software delivery are also more profitable than their peers nearly 70 percent of the time (1). DevOps provides a way for businesses to remain competitive, applying lean and agile principles to software development to speed the delivery of software that ...
Nov. 22, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,501
Docker offers a new, lightweight approach to application portability. Applications are shipped using a common container format and managed with a high-level API. Their processes run within isolated namespaces that abstract the operating environment independently of the distribution, versions, network setup, and other details of this environment. This "containerization" has often been nicknamed "the new virtualization." But containers are more than lightweight virtual machines. Beyond their small...
Nov. 22, 2014 06:45 PM EST Reads: 1,283
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,410
Cloud Expo 2014 TV commercials will feature @ThingsExpo, which was launched in June, 2014 at New York City's Javits Center as the largest 'Internet of Things' event in the world.
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,394
An entirely new security model is needed for the Internet of Things, or is it? Can we save some old and tested controls for this new and different environment? In his session at @ThingsExpo, New York's at the Javits Center, Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, reviewed hands-on lessons with IoT devices and reveal a new risk balance you might not expect. Davi Ottenheimer, EMC Senior Director of Trust, has more than nineteen years' experience managing global security operations and asse...
Nov. 22, 2014 05:30 PM EST Reads: 1,233
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Chief Ar...
Nov. 21, 2014 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,322
Technology is enabling a new approach to collecting and using data. This approach, commonly referred to as the "Internet of Things" (IoT), enables businesses to use real-time data from all sorts of things including machines, devices and sensors to make better decisions, improve customer service, and lower the risk in the creation of new revenue opportunities. In his General Session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Dave Wagstaff, Vice President and Chief Architect at BSQUARE Corporation, discuss the ...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,400
The security devil is always in the details of the attack: the ones you've endured, the ones you prepare yourself to fend off, and the ones that, you fear, will catch you completely unaware and defenseless. The Internet of Things (IoT) is nothing if not an endless proliferation of details. It's the vision of a world in which continuous Internet connectivity and addressability is embedded into a growing range of human artifacts, into the natural world, and even into our smartphones, appliances, a...
Nov. 21, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,337
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 21, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,255
"Our premise is Docker is not enough. That's not a bad thing - we actually love Docker. At ActiveState all our products are based on open source technology and Docker is an up-and-coming piece of open source technology," explained Bart Copeland, President & CEO of ActiveState Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 20, 2014 10:30 PM EST Reads: 1,305
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Nov. 20, 2014 09:00 PM EST Reads: 1,491
What do a firewall and a fortress have in common? They are no longer strong enough to protect the valuables housed inside. Like the walls of an old fortress, the cracks in the firewall are allowing the bad guys to slip in - unannounced and unnoticed. By the time these thieves get in, the damage is already done and the network is already compromised. Intellectual property is easily slipped out the back door leaving no trace of forced entry. If we want to reign in on these cybercriminals, it's hig...
Nov. 20, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,167