|By Marketwired .||
|November 7, 2012 02:35 PM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/07/12 --
Core News Facts:
- Bunchball, the pioneer and market leader in gamification, today announced that it is helping its customers ignite unprecedented gains in audience and employee engagement by applying game mechanics to websites, Facebook apps, mobile experiences and online programs.
- Bunchball is seeing how its acclaimed Nitro gamification platform, along with Bunchball's turnkey Nitro for Web Engagement solution, help companies achieve their business goals sooner by motivating users to consume, create and share at unprecedented levels.
- By applying proven gamification best practices to their online experiences, Bunchball customers attain staggering increases in key engagement metrics.
- Real-world results show a sampling of Bunchball customers have seen a 229 percent rise in page views, a 163 percent increase in retained audience, and a 175 percent boost in total engagement as measured by activities per user.
- One entertainment giant even recorded an astounding 530 percent increase in page views after gamifying its online experience with Bunchball.
- Nitro for Web Engagement is part of a growing line of Integrated Nitro Solutions that enables out-of-the-box gamification with pre-built presentation pages, pre-configured point economies, and an optimized admin console.
- Bunchball's Integrated Nitro Solutions are designed to help customers quickly solve specific business problems using gamification, with Nitro for Web Engagement targeting media, entertainment and publishing companies aiming to attract and retain consumers to sites and apps rich in online content and advertising. Gamifying online experiences creates long-term stickiness by introducing the dynamics of competition and achievement through the use of goal-setting, real-time feedback, competition, status and recognition to encourage users to consume, share and comment in ways that reinforce brands, products and services.
- Nitro for Web Engagement is especially effective at encouraging user participation because it seamlessly extends across platforms to embrace the entire user experience from websites to mobile apps to social networks. Users can log into a gamified experience from Facebook, for instance, or advance within a mission using the gamification features added to a customer's mobile app.
- The need to engage audiences -- consumers, communities and employees -- has never been more urgent. Businesses are competing for the attention of an increasingly distracted and mobile public, with 19 percent of users' online time spent on social networks(i), and an average of 94 minutes a day devoted to using mobile apps (compared to 72 minutes spent browsing the Internet).(ii)
- Nitro for Web Engagement comes with everything organizations need right out of the box: pre-built web pages and mobile widgets, pre-configured point economies, a complete set of missions, and an optimized admin console.
- Unlike competing engagement solutions -- which are typically just frameworks or APIs that require weeks of development -- Nitro for Web Engagement can be deployed in a few hours. Users can easily skin and configure their gamification components without intensive development.
- Customers gain insight into granular user activity with Bunchball's extensive analytics, which in turn help refine and optimize challenges, content and rewards to improve engagement further.
Attributable to Neal Patel, Vice President, Technology, J. Hilburn
"We implemented Bunchball Nitro for Web Engagement to reward our 3,000 style consultants for doing things that help drive our business: placing orders with new or return customers, improving their style knowledge, building out their teams, and more. With Bunchball, we've created a customized experience that lets our network of style consultants know that every action they take is recognized and valued. As the world's fastest-growing luxury men's brand offering clothes constructed by hand for every customer, we at J. Hilburn understand the importance of making an experience seamless, engaging and easy. That's precisely how our team found the Bunchball experience -- a complete value-add that delivered only upside. We look forward to expanding our use of Nitro for Web Engagement in the coming months to cultivate even more business-building activities."
Attributable to Joe Fisher, Vice President, Products, Bunchball
"To build memberships, revenues and loyalty online, businesses first must engage audiences with experiences that make them want to participate again and again. As Bunchball's real-world customer data shows, nothing engages like gamification. And with Nitro for Web Engagement, more Bunchball customers are learning how quickly and easily they can gamify their online experience across every platform their audience uses. Only Nitro for Web Engagement offers a turnkey gamification solution that does it all -- and without the burden and expense of development."
Bunchball is the market leader and visionary in gamification. Powering the Engaged Enterprise, Bunchball enables organizations to improve business performance throughout their ecosystem by creating highly active and loyal customers, employees, and partners. Bunchball's comprehensive suite of innovative cloud-based solutions empowers companies to engage and motivate, leading to improved employee productivity, customer loyalty and ROI. Bunchball's world-class customers include Adobe, HP, Cisco, Warner Bros., Comcast, LiveOps, VMware and Hasbro. Based in Silicon Valley, Bunchball's investors include Granite Ventures, Triangle Peak Partners, Northport Investments, and Correlation Ventures. For more information, visit www.bunchball.com, our blog at www.gamification.com, or follow @bunchball.
(i) "People Spent 6.7 Billion Hours on Social Networks in October," comscore Data Mine, Jan. 4, 2012, last accessed on July 12, 2012 at http://www.comscoredatamine.com/2012/01/people-spent-6-7-billion-hours-on-social-networks-in-october/
(ii) "Phone, tablet users spend more time with apps than Web," CNN Tech, Jan. 20, 2012, last accessed on July 12, 2012 at http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/20/tech/mobile/apps-web-gahran/index.html
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2145838
Inner Circle Labs
Email: [email protected]
In 2014, Amazon announced a new form of compute called Lambda. We didn't know it at the time, but this represented a fundamental shift in what we expect from cloud computing. Now, all of the major cloud computing vendors want to take part in this disruptive technology. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, John Jelinek IV, a web developer at Linux Academy, will discuss why major players like AWS, Microsoft Azure, IBM Bluemix, and Google Cloud Platform are all trying to sidestep VMs and containers...
Jan. 17, 2017 11:00 PM EST Reads: 457
IoT is at the core or many Digital Transformation initiatives with the goal of re-inventing a company's business model. We all agree that collecting relevant IoT data will result in massive amounts of data needing to be stored. However, with the rapid development of IoT devices and ongoing business model transformation, we are not able to predict the volume and growth of IoT data. And with the lack of IoT history, traditional methods of IT and infrastructure planning based on the past do not app...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 626
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation; Alan Williamson, Principal ...
Jan. 17, 2017 10:30 PM EST Reads: 2,312
DevOps and microservices are permeating software engineering teams broadly, whether these teams are in pure software shops but happen to run a business, such Uber and Airbnb, or in companies that rely heavily on software to run more traditional business, such as financial firms or high-end manufacturers. Microservices and DevOps have created software development and therefore business speed and agility benefits, but they have also created problems; specifically, they have created software securi...
Jan. 17, 2017 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,728
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 17, 2017 09:15 PM EST Reads: 7,504
"There is a huge interest in Kubernetes. People are now starting to use Kubernetes and implement it," stated Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 17, 2017 08:45 PM EST Reads: 1,912
SYS-CON Media announced today that @WebRTCSummit Blog, the largest WebRTC resource in the world, has been launched. @WebRTCSummit Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. @WebRTCSummit Blog can be bookmarked ▸ Here @WebRTCSummit conference site can be bookmarked ▸ Here
Jan. 17, 2017 08:00 PM EST Reads: 11,585
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 17, 2017 06:45 PM EST Reads: 6,209
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,049
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 04:30 PM EST Reads: 9,616
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, discussed the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports.
Jan. 17, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 1,978
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 17, 2017 03:30 PM EST Reads: 5,325
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and containers together help companies achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of Dev...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 4,118
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a leading digital experience intelligence company, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Catchpoint Systems is a leading Digital Performance Analytics company that provides unparalleled insight into your customer-critical services to help you consistently deliver an amazing customer experience. Designed for digital business, C...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 1,741
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,363
"We formed Formation several years ago to really address the need for bring complete modernization and software-defined storage to the more classic private cloud marketplace," stated Mark Lewis, Chairman and CEO of Formation Data Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 6,323
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with 20th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry p...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,636
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Jan. 17, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 5,377
Updating DevOps to the latest production data slows down your development cycle. Probably it is due to slow, inefficient conventional storage and associated copy data management practices. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in Product and Solution at Tintri, will talk about DevOps and cloud-focused storage to update hundreds of child VMs (different flavors) with updates from a master VM in minutes, saving hours or even days in each development cycle. He will also...
Jan. 17, 2017 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,081
A look across the tech landscape at the disruptive technologies that are increasing in prominence and speculate as to which will be most impactful for communications – namely, AI and Cloud Computing. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Curtis Peterson, VP of Operations at RingCentral, will highlight the current challenges of these transformative technologies and share strategies for preparing your organization for these changes. This “view from the top” will outline the latest trends and developm...
Jan. 17, 2017 01:45 PM EST Reads: 927