|By Marketwired .||
|November 7, 2012 02:35 PM EST||
REDWOOD CITY, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/07/12 --
Core News Facts:
- Bunchball, the pioneer and market leader in gamification, today announced that it is helping its customers ignite unprecedented gains in audience and employee engagement by applying game mechanics to websites, Facebook apps, mobile experiences and online programs.
- Bunchball is seeing how its acclaimed Nitro gamification platform, along with Bunchball's turnkey Nitro for Web Engagement solution, help companies achieve their business goals sooner by motivating users to consume, create and share at unprecedented levels.
- By applying proven gamification best practices to their online experiences, Bunchball customers attain staggering increases in key engagement metrics.
- Real-world results show a sampling of Bunchball customers have seen a 229 percent rise in page views, a 163 percent increase in retained audience, and a 175 percent boost in total engagement as measured by activities per user.
- One entertainment giant even recorded an astounding 530 percent increase in page views after gamifying its online experience with Bunchball.
- Nitro for Web Engagement is part of a growing line of Integrated Nitro Solutions that enables out-of-the-box gamification with pre-built presentation pages, pre-configured point economies, and an optimized admin console.
- Bunchball's Integrated Nitro Solutions are designed to help customers quickly solve specific business problems using gamification, with Nitro for Web Engagement targeting media, entertainment and publishing companies aiming to attract and retain consumers to sites and apps rich in online content and advertising. Gamifying online experiences creates long-term stickiness by introducing the dynamics of competition and achievement through the use of goal-setting, real-time feedback, competition, status and recognition to encourage users to consume, share and comment in ways that reinforce brands, products and services.
- Nitro for Web Engagement is especially effective at encouraging user participation because it seamlessly extends across platforms to embrace the entire user experience from websites to mobile apps to social networks. Users can log into a gamified experience from Facebook, for instance, or advance within a mission using the gamification features added to a customer's mobile app.
- The need to engage audiences -- consumers, communities and employees -- has never been more urgent. Businesses are competing for the attention of an increasingly distracted and mobile public, with 19 percent of users' online time spent on social networks(i), and an average of 94 minutes a day devoted to using mobile apps (compared to 72 minutes spent browsing the Internet).(ii)
- Nitro for Web Engagement comes with everything organizations need right out of the box: pre-built web pages and mobile widgets, pre-configured point economies, a complete set of missions, and an optimized admin console.
- Unlike competing engagement solutions -- which are typically just frameworks or APIs that require weeks of development -- Nitro for Web Engagement can be deployed in a few hours. Users can easily skin and configure their gamification components without intensive development.
- Customers gain insight into granular user activity with Bunchball's extensive analytics, which in turn help refine and optimize challenges, content and rewards to improve engagement further.
Attributable to Neal Patel, Vice President, Technology, J. Hilburn
"We implemented Bunchball Nitro for Web Engagement to reward our 3,000 style consultants for doing things that help drive our business: placing orders with new or return customers, improving their style knowledge, building out their teams, and more. With Bunchball, we've created a customized experience that lets our network of style consultants know that every action they take is recognized and valued. As the world's fastest-growing luxury men's brand offering clothes constructed by hand for every customer, we at J. Hilburn understand the importance of making an experience seamless, engaging and easy. That's precisely how our team found the Bunchball experience -- a complete value-add that delivered only upside. We look forward to expanding our use of Nitro for Web Engagement in the coming months to cultivate even more business-building activities."
Attributable to Joe Fisher, Vice President, Products, Bunchball
"To build memberships, revenues and loyalty online, businesses first must engage audiences with experiences that make them want to participate again and again. As Bunchball's real-world customer data shows, nothing engages like gamification. And with Nitro for Web Engagement, more Bunchball customers are learning how quickly and easily they can gamify their online experience across every platform their audience uses. Only Nitro for Web Engagement offers a turnkey gamification solution that does it all -- and without the burden and expense of development."
Bunchball is the market leader and visionary in gamification. Powering the Engaged Enterprise, Bunchball enables organizations to improve business performance throughout their ecosystem by creating highly active and loyal customers, employees, and partners. Bunchball's comprehensive suite of innovative cloud-based solutions empowers companies to engage and motivate, leading to improved employee productivity, customer loyalty and ROI. Bunchball's world-class customers include Adobe, HP, Cisco, Warner Bros., Comcast, LiveOps, VMware and Hasbro. Based in Silicon Valley, Bunchball's investors include Granite Ventures, Triangle Peak Partners, Northport Investments, and Correlation Ventures. For more information, visit www.bunchball.com, our blog at www.gamification.com, or follow @bunchball.
(i) "People Spent 6.7 Billion Hours on Social Networks in October," comscore Data Mine, Jan. 4, 2012, last accessed on July 12, 2012 at http://www.comscoredatamine.com/2012/01/people-spent-6-7-billion-hours-on-social-networks-in-october/
(ii) "Phone, tablet users spend more time with apps than Web," CNN Tech, Jan. 20, 2012, last accessed on July 12, 2012 at http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/20/tech/mobile/apps-web-gahran/index.html
Image Available: http://www2.marketwire.com/mw/frame_mw?attachid=2145838
Inner Circle Labs
Email: [email protected]
NuoDB just introduced the Swifts 2.1 Release. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Proctor, CTO of NuoDB, Inc., discussed why scaling databases in the cloud is challenging, why building your application on top of the infrastructure that is designed with this in mind makes a difference, and what you can do with NuoDB that simplifies your programming model, your operations model.
Jan. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,517
CA Technologies released a new study – “DevOps: The Worst-Kept Secret to Winning in the Application Economy” – that reveals that 82% of enterprises in Asia Pacific and Japan (APJ) already have or plan to adopt a DevOps strategy, a 12 point increase from last year’s figure of 70%. DevOps is a methodology which helps foster collaboration between the teams that create and test applications (Dev) with those that maintain them in production environments (Ops). Vanson Bourne conducted the survey with...
Jan. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EST Reads: 423
CloudBees, Inc., has announced a $23.5 million financing round, led by longtime CloudBees investor Lightspeed Venture Partners. Existing investors Matrix Partners, Verizon Ventures and Blue Cloud Ventures also participated in the round. The latest funding announcement follows earlier rounds of $4 million, $10.5 million and $10.8 million, bringing the total investment in CloudBees to just under $50 million since the company’s inception in 2010. Previous venture investment rounds were led by Ma...
Jan. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EST Reads: 269
The 4th International DevOps Summit, co-located with16th International Cloud Expo – being held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's large...
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 5,263
Enthusiasm for the Internet of Things has reached an all-time high. In 2013 alone, venture capitalists spent more than $1 billion dollars investing in the IoT space. With "smart" appliances and devices, IoT covers wearable smart devices, cloud services to hardware companies. Nest, a Google company, detects temperatures inside homes and automatically adjusts it by tracking its user's habit. These technologies are quickly developing and with it come challenges such as bridging infrastructure gaps,...
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 4,605
“The year of the cloud – we have no idea when it's really happening but we think it's happening now. For those technology providers like Zentera that are helping enterprises move to the cloud - it's been fun to watch," noted Mike Loftus, VP Product Management and Marketing at Zentera Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 3,654
The Domain Name Service (DNS) is one of the most important components in networking infrastructure, enabling users and services to access applications by translating URLs (names) into IP addresses (numbers). Because every icon and URL and all embedded content on a website requires a DNS lookup loading complex sites necessitates hundreds of DNS queries. In addition, as more internet-enabled ‘Things' get connected, people will rely on DNS to name and find their fridges, toasters and toilets. Acco...
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 4,981
Today’s enterprise is being driven by disruptive competitive and human capital requirements to provide enterprise application access through not only desktops, but also mobile devices. To retrofit existing programs across all these devices using traditional programming methods is very costly and time consuming – often prohibitively so. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jesse Shiah, CEO, President, and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., discussed how you can create applications that run on all mobile ...
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 4,449
"SOASTA built the concept of cloud testing in 2008. It's grown from rather meager beginnings to where now we are provisioning hundreds of thousands of servers on a daily basis on behalf of customers around the world to test their applications," explained Tom Lounibos, CEO of SOASTA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 4,125
"Verizon Digital Media Services is responsible for the broadcast, video and content delivery network that accelerates, scales and helps our customers reach end users with all kinds of video and web content," stated James Segil, CMO of Verizon Digital Media Services, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 3,436
The Internet of Things is a misnomer. That implies that everything is on the Internet, and that simply should not be - especially for things that are blurring the line between medical devices that stimulate like a pacemaker and quantified self-sensors like a pedometer or pulse tracker. The mesh of things that we manage must be segmented into zones of trust for sensing data, transmitting data, receiving command and control administrative changes, and peer-to-peer mesh messaging. In his session a...
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 3,887
“We are strong believers in the DevOps movement and our staff has been doing DevOps for large enterprise environments for a number of years. The solution that we build is intended to allow DevOps teams to do security at the speed of DevOps," explained Justin Lundy, Founder & CTO of Evident.io, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 3,438
“We are a managed services company. We have taken the key aspects of the cloud and the purposed data center and merged the two together and launched the Purposed Cloud about 18–24 months ago," explained Chetan Patwardhan, CEO of Stratogent, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 3,269
The 3rd International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that its Call for Papers is now open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
Jan. 30, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 5,195
"For over 25 years we have been working with a lot of enterprise customers and we have seen how companies create applications. And now that we have moved to cloud computing, mobile, social and the Internet of Things, we see that the market needs a new way of creating applications," stated Jesse Shiah, CEO, President and Co-Founder of AgilePoint Inc., in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 3,657
You use an agile process; your goal is to make your organization more agile. But what about your data infrastructure? The truth is, today's databases are anything but agile - they are effectively static repositories that are cumbersome to work with, difficult to change, and cannot keep pace with application demands. Performance suffers as a result, and it takes far longer than it should to deliver new features and capabilities needed to make your organization competitive. As your application an...
Jan. 30, 2015 09:30 AM EST Reads: 3,634
SAP is delivering break-through innovation combined with fantastic user experience powered by the market-leading in-memory technology, SAP HANA. In his General Session at 15th Cloud Expo, Thorsten Leiduck, VP ISVs & Digital Commerce, SAP, discussed how SAP and partners provide cloud and hybrid cloud solutions as well as real-time Big Data offerings that help companies of all sizes and industries run better. SAP launched an application challenge to award the most innovative SAP HANA and SAP HANA...
Jan. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 4,064
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, ...
Jan. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 4,408
Over the last few years the healthcare ecosystem has revolved around innovations in Electronic Health Record (HER) based systems. This evolution has helped us achieve much desired interoperability. Now the focus is shifting to other equally important aspects - scalability and performance. While applying cloud computing environments to the EHR systems, a special consideration needs to be given to the cloud enablement of Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA), i.e....
Jan. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 4,228
"At Harbinger we do products as well as services. Our services are with helping companies move their products to the cloud operating systems. Some of the challenges we have seen as far as cloud adoption goes are in the cloud security space," noted Shrikant Pattathil, Executive Vice President at Harbinger Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 3,482