|By Business Wire||
|November 12, 2012 03:00 PM EST||
Best Buy in Mexico; CBS Interactive in China; Copa Airlines in Latin America; Genpact in India, Philippines, and U.S.; New Look in the U.K., Ireland, France, and Belgium; Renault-Nissan Automotive India, the India subsidiary of Renault-Nissan; Supermercados Peruanos, the second-largest supermarket and hypermarket chain in Peru; Takshasila Healthcare, a joint venture between Kirloskar, Secom, and Toyota Tsusho of Japan; and the University College London Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust (UCLH) recently joined thousands of Kronos Incorporated customers across 100 countries that use Kronos solutions to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity.
- According to IMS Research, Kronos – the world leader in workforce management – increased its global market share more than any other workforce management company in 2012. Supporting Kronos’ global growth are double-digit, year-over-year international product bookings growth; strong demand from locally owned and multinational businesses; and a fast-growing international partner ecosystem.
- Many locally owned businesses are struggling to attract and retain skilled workers in the face of growing global competition. And variations in work rules, languages, and currencies force multinational organizations to deploy systems from multiple vendors or rely on expensive, error-prone custom coding. Kronos addresses these challenges with innovative solutions and worldwide staff, offering a comprehensive view of labor costs and other critical labor data on a global basis.
- Kronos also continues to extend its global reach through a robust partner network. In 2012, Kronos established agreements with channel partners and resellers such as Capgemini in China; Health Matrix Corporation and OCSHI in the Middle East; and Qimpro in India.
- Integration of the company’s recent acquisition of U.K.-based SMART Computer Holdings and its Spanish Affiliate SMART Human Logistics is going smoothly in support of an aggressive international growth strategy. As a result of the acquisition, Kronos now offers the leading workforce management solution for National Health Service (NHS) organizations in the U.K., and also has a physical presence in Spain.
- Long-standing Kronos multinational customers that have optimized workforce management practices with Kronos include industry leaders such as: ARAMARK, a global leader in providing award-winning professional services; IKEA, the world’s leading home furnishings company; Kellogg Company, the world’s leading producer of cereal and a leading producer of convenience foods; McDermott International, a leading global engineering and construction company; Meritor, Inc., a leading global supplier of drivetrain, mobility, braking, and aftermarket solutions for commercial vehicle and industrial markets; NESTLÉ, the world’s foremost nutrition, health, and wellness company; and Sabre Holdings, a global leader in travel technology.
- Local businesses also optimize their workforce management practices with Kronos, including: Arca Continental SAB de CV, the second-largest Coca-Cola bottler in Latin America, European Care Group, a leading independent provider of health and social care in the U.K., Gala Bingo, the U.K.’s leading bingo operator, PepsiCo Foods México, a food and snack business, PVR Cinemas, one of the leading motion picture exhibitors in India, Sainsbury’s, a leading food retailer with more than 150,000 colleagues across more than 1,000 sites in the U.K., SEHA (Abu Dhabi Health Services Company), an independent public joint stock company founded to manage the curative activities of the public hospitals and clinics of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi; and The Co-Operative Group, a British consumer cooperative with a diverse range of retail businesses.
Dick Cahill, general manager of international, Kronos
“Global demand for Kronos emphasizes two things. First, the growing global workforce is becoming more complex to manage without sophisticated tools. Second, organizations across the world want solutions that are easy to use and easy to own. Be it a retailer in China, a healthcare operator in the Middle East, or a manufacturer in the U.K., users today want innovative solutions that work. And that’s exactly what Kronos delivers.”
The World Market for Workforce Management Solutions – 2012 Edition,
“Kronos was found to have increased its market share more than any other workforce management company in 2012, further solidifying its position as the leading supplier of workforce management solutions in the world.”
- This announcement was made from KronosWorks, the world’s largest workforce information exchange. KronosWorks is taking place this week in Las Vegas.
- See live updates and join the conversation by using #KronosWorks12 on Twitter.
- Connect with Kronos via Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, and YouTube.
- Subscribe to our workforce management blogs.
- Take a look at the lighter side of workforce management in our Time Well Spent cartoons.
About Kronos Incorporated
Kronos is the global leader in delivering workforce management solutions in the cloud. Tens of thousands of organizations in more than 100 countries — including more than half of the Fortune 1000® — use Kronos to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Learn more about Kronos industry-specific time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications at www.kronos.com. Kronos: Workforce Innovation That Works™.
© 2012 Kronos Incorporated. All rights reserved. Kronos is a registered trademark and KronosWorks is a trademark of Kronos Incorporated or a related company. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
In this scenarios approach Joe Thykattil, Technology Architect & Sales at TimeWarner / Navisite, presented examples that will allow business-savvy professionals to make informed decisions based on a sound business model. This model covered the technology options in detail as well as a financial analysis. The TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) and ROI (Return on Investment) demonstrated how to start, develop and formulate a business case that will allow both small and large scale projects to achieve...
May. 30, 2015 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,611
The move to the cloud brings a number of new security challenges, but the application remains your last line of defense. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Arthur Hicken, Evangelist at Parasoft, discussed how developers are extremely well-poised to perform tasks critical for securing the application – provided that certain key obstacles are overcome. Arthur Hicken has been involved in automating various practices at Parasoft for almost 20 years. He has worked on projects including database dev...
May. 30, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,266
Building low-cost wearable devices can enhance the quality of our lives. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Sai Yamanoor, Embedded Software Engineer at Altschool, provided an example of putting together a small keychain within a $50 budget that educates the user about the air quality in their surroundings. He also provided examples such as building a wearable device that provides transit or recreational information. He then reviewed the resources available to build wearable devices at ...
May. 30, 2015 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,527
There has been a lot of discussion recently in the DevOps space over whether there is a unique form of DevOps for large enterprises or is it just vendors looking to sell services and tools. In his session at DevOps Summit, Chris Riley, a technologist, discussed whether Enterprise DevOps is a unique species or not. What makes DevOps adoption in the enterprise unique or what doesn’t? Unique or not, what does this mean for adopting DevOps in enterprise size organizations? He also explored differe...
May. 30, 2015 05:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,977
The emergence of cloud computing and Big Data warrants a greater role for the PMO to successfully manage enterprise transformation driven by these powerful trends. As the adoption of cloud-based services continues to grow, a governance model is needed to orchestrate enterprise cloud implementations and harness the power of Big Data analytics. In his session at Cloud Expo, Mahesh Singh, President of BigData, Inc., discussed how the Enterprise PMO takes center stage not only in developing the app...
May. 30, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,201
Cloud Foundry open Platform as a Service makes it easy to operate, scale and deploy application for your dedicated cloud environments. It enables developers and operators to be significantly more agile, writing great applications and deliver them in days instead of months. Cloud Foundry takes care of all the infrastructure and network plumbing that you need to build, run and operate your applications and can do this while patching and updating systems and services without any downtime.
May. 30, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,015
Are your Big Data initiatives resulting in Big Impact or Big Mess? In her session at Big Data Expo, Penelope Everall Gordon, Emerging Technology Strategist at 1Plug Corporation, shared her successes in improving Big Decision outcomes by building stories compelling to the target audience – and her failures when she lost sight of the plotline, distracted by the glitter of technology and the lure of buried insights. The cast of characters includes the agency head [city official? elected official?...
May. 30, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,852
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial C...
May. 30, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,846
Storage administrators find themselves walking a line between meeting employees’ demands to use public cloud storage services, and their organizations’ need to store information on-premises for security, performance, cost and compliance reasons. However, as file sharing protocols like CIFS and NFS continue to lose their relevance, simply relying only on a NAS-based environment creates inefficiencies that hurt productivity and the bottom line. IT wants to implement cloud storage it can purchase a...
May. 30, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,232
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. BMC has worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC pairs high-speed digital innovation with robust...
May. 30, 2015 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,803
After a couple of false starts, cloud-based desktop solutions are picking up steam, driven by trends such as BYOD and pervasive high-speed connectivity. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, cut through the hype and the acronyms, and discussed the emergence of full-featured cloud workspaces that do for the desktop what cloud infrastructure did for the server. He also discussed VDI vs DaaS, implementation strategies and evaluation criteria.
May. 30, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,103
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core...
May. 30, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,810
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happe...
May. 30, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,179
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective ...
May. 30, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,558
Collecting data in the field and configuring multitudes of unique devices is a time-consuming, labor-intensive process that can stretch IT resources. Horan & Bird [H&B], Australia’s fifth-largest Solar Panel Installer, wanted to automate sensor data collection and monitoring from its solar panels and integrate the data with its business and marketing systems. After data was collected and structured, two major areas needed to be addressed: improving developer workflows and extending access to a b...
May. 30, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,822
When an enterprise builds a hybrid IaaS cloud connecting its data center to one or more public clouds, security is often a major topic along with the other challenges involved. Security is closely intertwined with the networking choices made for the hybrid cloud. Traditional networking approaches for building a hybrid cloud try to kludge together the enterprise infrastructure with the public cloud. Consequently this approach requires risky, deep "surgery" including changes to firewalls, subnets...
May. 30, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,767
Move from reactive to proactive cloud management in a heterogeneous cloud infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Manoj Khabe, Innovative Solution-Focused Transformation Leader at Vicom Computer Services, Inc., will show how to replace a help desk-centric approach with an ITIL-based service model and service-centric CMDB that’s tightly integrated with an event and incident management platform. Learn how to expand the scope of operations management to service management. He will al...
May. 29, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,255
2015 predictions circa 1970: houses anticipate our needs and adapt, city infrastructure is citizen and situation aware, office buildings identify and preprocess you. Today smart buildings have no such collective conscience, no shared set of fundamental services to identify, predict and synchronize around us. LiveSpace and M2Mi are changing that. LiveSpace Smart Environment devices deliver over the M2Mi IoT Platform real time presence, awareness and intent analytics as a service to local connecte...
May. 29, 2015 04:27 PM EDT Reads: 959
High-performing enterprise Software Quality Assurance (SQA) teams validate systems that are ready for use - getting most actively involved as components integrate and form complete systems. These teams catch and report on defects, making sure the customer gets the best software possible. SQA teams have leveraged automation and virtualization to execute more thorough testing in less time - bringing Dev and Ops together, ensuring production readiness. Does the emergence of DevOps mean the end of E...
May. 29, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,633
Amazon and Google have built software-defined data centers (SDDCs) that deliver massively scalable services with great efficiency. Yet, building SDDCs has proven to be a near impossibility for companies without hyper-scale resources. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, David Cauthron, CTO and Founder of NIMBOXX, highlighted how a mid-sized manufacturer of global industrial equipment bridged the gap from virtualization to software-defined services, streamlining operations and costs while connect...
May. 29, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,825