|By Marketwired .||
|November 15, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Continuing its commitment to helping organizations deliver best-in-class customer experiences by tapping into enterprise data, Oracle today announced Oracle Knowledge 8.5, the industry-leading knowledge management software that supports web self-service, agent-assisted service and customer communities.
- Oracle Knowledge 8.5 is the most comprehensive release since the acquisition of Inquira in October 2011. It introduces significant product enhancements, improved analytics and advances in both performance and scalability.
- Organizations today understand the imperative to deliver consistent, high-quality customer service and support across channels. Additionally, organizations recognize the need for intelligence to assist in this process. Oracle Knowledge 8.5 proactively delivers relevant, contextual knowledge at the point of interaction to agents, knowledge workers, and customers -- helping increase customer loyalty and reduce costs.
- By enabling searches across a wide variety of sources, Oracle Knowledge 8.5 amplifies access to knowledge once hidden in the myriad systems, applications and databases used to store enterprise content.
- AnswerFlow for Guided Navigation & Answer Delivery: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 introduces AnswerFlow, a new application for guided troubleshooting and answer delivery, designed to improve efficiency, lower service costs and provide personalized customer service experiences.
- Enhanced Knowledge Analytics: Standardized on Oracle's Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, the industry leading business intelligence suite, Oracle Knowledge 8.5 provides robust analytics functionality that can be tailored to meet unique business needs for different user roles.
- Actionable Knowledge Analytics Dashboards: Out-of-the-box dashboards that provide targeted, actionable insights that empower optimized search and content creation in order to meaningfully reduce the effort to find the right information.
- Enhanced Language Support: With the enhanced multilingual capabilities available in Oracle Knowledge 8.5, including Natural Language Search support for 16 Languages and Enhanced Keyword Search for most other authoring languages, businesses can rapidly expand global footprints and reach new customers while at the same time reducing the costs of doing so.
- Enhanced Multi-lingual Industry Support: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 delivers enhanced out-of-the-box industry ontologies covering 14 languages for the High-Tech, Communications, Financial Services, Insurance and Automotive industries as well as customer help ontology for industry-specific intent-based search.
- Expanded Language Model for Global Customers: The new 3-level language model "Global - Language - Locale" within Oracle Knowledge 8.5 provides simplification, automation and an improved search experience for organizations with a global footprint.
- Improved iConnect Functionality: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 delivers enhanced iConnect for better usability and performance. This specialized knowledge application proactively delivers contextualized knowledge directly into CRM applications, allowing front-line employees to reduce the effort to serve customers.
- Platform & Technology Standardization: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 has been certified on Oracle technologies, including Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, reducing cost and complexity for customers to manage assets across platforms.
Oracle Knowledge 8.5 provides the following additional benefits:
- The Natural Language Search and Contextual Answer Delivery capabilities in Oracle Knowledge 8.5 understand the true intent of each inquiry, helping to deliver the best possible answers to customers quickly and efficiently.
- Significant improvements in scaling and performance capabilities offered with this latest release help organizations to lower administration and operating expenses.
- Powerful content acquisition support across multiple, disparate sources offers eased insight into what knowledge is created and helps to make knowledge creation an integral part of the service request process.
"Every day, the world's leading brands rely on Oracle Knowledge to delight the customer and make sales and support teams more efficient and productive through unified knowledge. The introduction of Oracle Knowledge 8.5 creates new opportunities for organizations to efficiently harness their content to empower their customers and frontline employees," said David Vap, Group Vice President Products, Oracle. "We have made significant development investments since our acquisition of Inquira, and we are now very proud to announce the availability of these efforts with the release of Oracle Knowledge 8.5, making it easier for organizations to gain differentiated advantage at a significantly lower total cost of ownership."
- Oracle Knowledge 8.5
- Oracle Customer Experience
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
Oracle CX on Social Media
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
In the midst of the widespread popularity and adoption of cloud computing, it seems like everything is being offered “as a Service” these days: Infrastructure? Check. Platform? You bet. Software? Absolutely. Toaster? It’s only a matter of time. With service providers positioning vastly differing offerings under a generic “cloud” umbrella, it’s all too easy to get confused about what’s actually being offered. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Kevin Hazard, Director of Digital Content for SoftL...
Jun. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,039
Agile, which started in the development organization, has gradually expanded into other areas downstream - namely IT and Operations. Teams – then teams of teams – have streamlined processes, improved feedback loops and driven a much faster pace into IT departments which have had profound effects on the entire organization. In his session at DevOps Summit, Anders Wallgren, Chief Technology Officer of Electric Cloud, will discuss how DevOps and Continuous Delivery have emerged to help connect dev...
Jun. 30, 2015 04:39 PM EDT Reads: 366
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies drivi...
Jun. 30, 2015 04:21 PM EDT Reads: 366
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jun. 30, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,117
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jun. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,952
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at th...
Jun. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,833
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and Containers together help companies to achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of...
Jun. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,074
Malicious agents are moving faster than the speed of business. Even more worrisome, most companies are relying on legacy approaches to security that are no longer capable of meeting current threats. In the modern cloud, threat diversity is rapidly expanding, necessitating more sophisticated security protocols than those used in the past or in desktop environments. Yet companies are falling for cloud security myths that were truths at one time but have evolved out of existence.
Jun. 30, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,024
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jun. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,864
"We provide a web application framework for building really sophisticated web applications that run on a browser without any installation need so we get used for biotech, defense, and banking applications," noted Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit (http://DevOpsSummit.SYS-CON.com), held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York
Jun. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 814
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of pro...
Jun. 30, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 854
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jun. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 838
SYS-CON Events announced today that JFrog, maker of Artifactory, the popular Binary Repository Manager, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based in California, Israel and France, founded by longtime field-experts, JFrog, creator of Artifactory and Bintray, has provided the market with the first Binary Repository solution and a software distribution social platform.
Jun. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 769
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jun. 30, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 746
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect t...
Jun. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,024
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Jun. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,380
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jun. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,960
Public Cloud IaaS started its life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in adop...
Jun. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,300
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. BMC has worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC pairs high-speed digital innovation with robust...
Jun. 29, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,617
Even as cloud and managed services grow increasingly central to business strategy and performance, challenges remain. The biggest sticking point for companies seeking to capitalize on the cloud is data security. Keeping data safe is an issue in any computing environment, and it has been a focus since the earliest days of the cloud revolution. Understandably so: a lot can go wrong when you allow valuable information to live outside the firewall. Recent revelations about government snooping, along...
Jun. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,151