|By Marketwired .||
|November 15, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/15/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Continuing its commitment to helping organizations deliver best-in-class customer experiences by tapping into enterprise data, Oracle today announced Oracle Knowledge 8.5, the industry-leading knowledge management software that supports web self-service, agent-assisted service and customer communities.
- Oracle Knowledge 8.5 is the most comprehensive release since the acquisition of Inquira in October 2011. It introduces significant product enhancements, improved analytics and advances in both performance and scalability.
- Organizations today understand the imperative to deliver consistent, high-quality customer service and support across channels. Additionally, organizations recognize the need for intelligence to assist in this process. Oracle Knowledge 8.5 proactively delivers relevant, contextual knowledge at the point of interaction to agents, knowledge workers, and customers -- helping increase customer loyalty and reduce costs.
- By enabling searches across a wide variety of sources, Oracle Knowledge 8.5 amplifies access to knowledge once hidden in the myriad systems, applications and databases used to store enterprise content.
- AnswerFlow for Guided Navigation & Answer Delivery: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 introduces AnswerFlow, a new application for guided troubleshooting and answer delivery, designed to improve efficiency, lower service costs and provide personalized customer service experiences.
- Enhanced Knowledge Analytics: Standardized on Oracle's Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition, the industry leading business intelligence suite, Oracle Knowledge 8.5 provides robust analytics functionality that can be tailored to meet unique business needs for different user roles.
- Actionable Knowledge Analytics Dashboards: Out-of-the-box dashboards that provide targeted, actionable insights that empower optimized search and content creation in order to meaningfully reduce the effort to find the right information.
- Enhanced Language Support: With the enhanced multilingual capabilities available in Oracle Knowledge 8.5, including Natural Language Search support for 16 Languages and Enhanced Keyword Search for most other authoring languages, businesses can rapidly expand global footprints and reach new customers while at the same time reducing the costs of doing so.
- Enhanced Multi-lingual Industry Support: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 delivers enhanced out-of-the-box industry ontologies covering 14 languages for the High-Tech, Communications, Financial Services, Insurance and Automotive industries as well as customer help ontology for industry-specific intent-based search.
- Expanded Language Model for Global Customers: The new 3-level language model "Global - Language - Locale" within Oracle Knowledge 8.5 provides simplification, automation and an improved search experience for organizations with a global footprint.
- Improved iConnect Functionality: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 delivers enhanced iConnect for better usability and performance. This specialized knowledge application proactively delivers contextualized knowledge directly into CRM applications, allowing front-line employees to reduce the effort to serve customers.
- Platform & Technology Standardization: Oracle Knowledge 8.5 has been certified on Oracle technologies, including Oracle WebLogic Server, Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, reducing cost and complexity for customers to manage assets across platforms.
Oracle Knowledge 8.5 provides the following additional benefits:
- The Natural Language Search and Contextual Answer Delivery capabilities in Oracle Knowledge 8.5 understand the true intent of each inquiry, helping to deliver the best possible answers to customers quickly and efficiently.
- Significant improvements in scaling and performance capabilities offered with this latest release help organizations to lower administration and operating expenses.
- Powerful content acquisition support across multiple, disparate sources offers eased insight into what knowledge is created and helps to make knowledge creation an integral part of the service request process.
"Every day, the world's leading brands rely on Oracle Knowledge to delight the customer and make sales and support teams more efficient and productive through unified knowledge. The introduction of Oracle Knowledge 8.5 creates new opportunities for organizations to efficiently harness their content to empower their customers and frontline employees," said David Vap, Group Vice President Products, Oracle. "We have made significant development investments since our acquisition of Inquira, and we are now very proud to announce the availability of these efforts with the release of Oracle Knowledge 8.5, making it easier for organizations to gain differentiated advantage at a significantly lower total cost of ownership."
- Oracle Knowledge 8.5
- Oracle Customer Experience
- Oracle WebLogic Server
- Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud
Oracle CX on Social Media
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
In the world of DevOps there are ‘known good practices’ – aka ‘patterns’ – and ‘known bad practices’ – aka ‘anti-patterns.' Many of these patterns and anti-patterns have been developed from real world experience, especially by the early adopters of DevOps theory; but many are more feasible in theory than in practice, especially for more recent entrants to the DevOps scene. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists will dis...
May. 5, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,113
The demand for organizations to expand their infrastructure to multiple IT environments like the cloud, on-premise, mobile, bring your own device (BYOD) and the Internet of Things (IoT) continues to grow. As this hybrid infrastructure increases, the challenge to monitor the security of these systems increases in volume and complexity. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, will show how properly configured and managed security architecture can...
May. 5, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 538
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,470
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 5, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,298
trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vice president of product management, IoT solutions at GlobalSign, will teach IoT developers how t...
May. 5, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 678
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
May. 5, 2016 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,122
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 5, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,554
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 5, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,006
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 5, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,455
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 5, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,470
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, will show how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningfu...
May. 5, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,184
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 5, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,263
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 5, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,385
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Sagi Brody, Chief Technology Officer at Webair Internet Development Inc., will focus on real world deployments of DDoS mitigation strategies in every layer of the network. He will give an overview of methods to prevent these attacks and best practices on how to provide protection in complex cloud platforms. He will also outline what we have found in our experience managing and running thousands of Linux and Unix managed service platforms and what specifically c...
May. 5, 2016 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,353
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it has become the most popular among the new wave of applications running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Relations at Redis Labs, will shares the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
May. 5, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,256
Many private cloud projects were built to deliver self-service access to development and test resources. While those clouds delivered faster access to resources, they lacked visibility, control and security needed for production deployments. In their session at 18th Cloud Expo, Steve Anderson, Product Manager at BMC Software, and Rick Lefort, Principal Technical Marketing Consultant at BMC Software, will discuss how a cloud designed for production operations not only helps accelerate developer...
May. 5, 2016 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,349
The increasing popularity of the Internet of Things necessitates that our physical and cognitive relationship with wearable technology will change rapidly in the near future. This advent means logging has become a thing of the past. Before, it was on us to track our own data, but now that data is automatically available. What does this mean for mHealth and the "connected" body? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Lisa Calkins, CEO and co-founder of Amadeus Consulting, will discuss the impact of wea...
May. 5, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,227
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
May. 4, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,285
Struggling to keep up with increasing application demand? Learn how Platform as a Service (PaaS) can streamline application development processes and make resource management easy.
May. 4, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,253
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
May. 4, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,721