|By Marketwired .||
|November 21, 2012 04:00 AM EST||
READING, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 11/21/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Research released today from Oracle indicates there is an opportunity for organizations in Western Europe to use talent management solutions to help improve employee engagement, profitability and operations
- The study reveals that 95% of organizations in Western Europe recognize that talent intelligence can improve their performance and financial success. However, only a quarter (24%) of organizations surveyed are "very satisfied" with the insight they have into talent within their workforce, unveiling a substantial gap between business aspirations and business capabilities
- The report, "Understanding the Impact of Talent Intelligence: A Western European Study," highlights what businesses consider to be the main anticipated financial benefits of increased investment in Talent Intelligence, which are profitability (54%) and saving on the cost of training (53%)
- The Oracle study further found that data-proficient organizations (DPOs) better recognize the value of talent intelligence systems compared to data-deficient organizations (DDOs). 91% of DPOs agree that HR departments use workforce metrics to demonstrate their contribution to the overall business goals, compared to 70% of DDOs.
- Half of DPOs cite HR as a pro-active leader in contributing to corporate strategy, while less than one in five (19%) DDOs agree with this, demonstrating how using effective data can have a direct and positive impact on business strategy and goals
- Conducted by Loudhouse Research, the report surveyed over 300 key decision-makers in midsize and large organizations in the UK, France and Germany
- For full findings and research data, please go to http://bit.ly/SbGsUL
- Adoption Barriers: 43% of organizations consider cost as the main barrier to Talent Intelligence. However, the potential benefits of profitability and savings expressed by respondents potentially outweigh the concern of cost. Lack of executive support (32%) and lack of analytical skills (29%) are cited as further obstacles to adoption by respondents
- Improving Employee Performance: Western European organizations prioritize the "quality of hire" as the most important factor to improving employee value and performance (57%). Succession planning and talent mobility are viewed as a less immediate concern, with only a quarter (28%) of organizations prioritizing placing top performers on succession plans as a route to enhancing performance
- Appreciating the Value of Data: Many organizations surveyed may not fully appreciate the value of their data, with the level of access to reliable data greater than the importance assigned to it. For instance, while "quality of hire" is prioritized in developing business performance, the level of access to reliable related data (58%) is not high compared to similar metrics. Similarly, 43% of organizations agree that productivity improves performance, yet only 47% have access to this data
- Developing Talent: Completing the required training is considered the most important learning and development value (43%) to improving employee performance, with 59% of respondents having access to this data set. This focus is likely to be driven by regulatory or internal governance needs
- Succession Planning: Despite today's working environment, where employees readily move companies and roles, succession planning and talent mobility is considered the least important value to enhancing performance in Western Europe. Only a third of respondents have filled vacated leadership positions with employees already working for the organization, while 39% have critical roles with no identified successors
- DPOs vs DDOs: While the appetite for improved talent intelligence data is the same within both groups, their abilities and priorities differ:
- DDOs are some way behind DPOs with access to reliable data. For example, 43% of DDOs state that employee engagement levels are very important to improving performance, yet only 42% have access to this data. In contrast, just over half (54%) of DPOs cite employee engagement as a critical factor, with two thirds having access to this data
- DPOs focus more on the strategic benefit of Talent Intelligence, with 60% seeing profitability as the biggest financial incentive for investing in improved Talent Intelligence. Saving on training costs is seen as the greatest benefit to DDOs (52%)
- Regional Priorities: Talent intelligence strategies of organizations can be strongly affected by regional factors, such as employment flexibility and data protection requirements. Stringent employment laws in France are reflected in the country's focus on employing the right candidate first time (68%), while greater employment flexibility in the UK explains why the region is less reliant on highly structured employment data. Strong paradigms of seniority and team work in German businesses manifest itself in the findings that no German respondents considered workforce data, such as employee engagement levels, as very important
- "While many organizations in Western Europe recognize the benefit of implementing effective talent intelligence solutions, it is apparent from this report that many fall short of having sufficient access to data that will improve business processes," said Richard Haycock, Senior Director, HCM, at Oracle. "There appears to be an opportunity for organizations in Western Europe to use talent management solutions to gain insight into their talent, enhance employee value and experience, identify areas of strength and weakness, and help improve and optimize operations."
- Connect with Oracle HCM Facebook Page
- Follow OracleHCM Twitter feed
- Oracle Talent Management Cloud Service
- Full Report: "Understanding the Impact of Talent Intelligence: A Western European Study"
Notes to Editors
The research was conducted in May 2012 by Loudhouse Research, an independent market research consultancy based in the UK. The report is based on responses from more than 300 online interviews with business decision-makers, in the UK (102), Germany (102), and France (102).
Data Proficient Organizations (DPOs):
DPOs are defined as those respondent organizations that agree they are proficient at analyzing workforce data AND their business leaders are satisfied with the workforce data provided to them.
Data Deficient Organizations (DDOs):
DDOs are defined as those respondent organizations that don't agree that their organization is proficient at analyzing workforce data or their business leaders are not satisfied with the workforce data provided to them.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
AppZero has announced that its award-winning application migration software is now fully qualified within the Microsoft Azure Certified program. AppZero has undergone extensive technical evaluation with Microsoft Corp., earning its designation as Microsoft Azure Certified. As a result of AppZero's work with Microsoft, customers are able to easily find, purchase and deploy AppZero from the Azure Marketplace. With just a few clicks, users have an Azure-based solution for moving applications to the...
Dec. 19, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 736
“We help people build clusters, in the classical sense of the cluster. We help people put a full stack on top of every single one of those machines. We do the full bare metal install," explained Greg Bruno, Vice President of Engineering and co-founder of StackIQ, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,192
SYS-CON Events announced today Isomorphic Software, the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Isomorphic Software is the global leader in high-end, web-based business applications. We develop, market, and support the SmartClient & Smart GWT HTML5/Ajax platform, combining the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software ...
Dec. 19, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 711
The cloud is becoming the de-facto way for enterprises to leverage common infrastructure while innovating and one of the biggest obstacles facing public cloud computing is security. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jeff Aliber, a global marketing executive at Verizon, discussed how the best place for web security is in the cloud. Benefits include: Functions as the first layer of defense Easy operation –CNAME change Implement an integrated solution Best architecture for addressing network-l...
Dec. 19, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,177
“In the past year we've seen a lot of stabilization of WebRTC. You can now use it in production with a far greater degree of certainty. A lot of the real developments in the past year have been in things like the data channel, which will enable a whole new type of application," explained Peter Dunkley, Technical Director at Acision, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,153
The BPM world is going through some evolution or changes where traditional business process management solutions really have nowhere to go in terms of development of the road map. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Kyle Hansen, Director of Professional Services at AgilePoint, shows AgilePoint’s unique approach to dealing with this market circumstance by developing a rapid application composition or development framework.
Dec. 19, 2014 04:45 PM EST Reads: 798
The major cloud platforms defy a simple, side-by-side analysis. Each of the major IaaS public-cloud platforms offers their own unique strengths and functionality. Options for on-site private cloud are diverse as well, and must be designed and deployed while taking existing legacy architecture and infrastructure into account. Then the reality is that most enterprises are embarking on a hybrid cloud strategy and programs. In this Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo (http://www.CloudComputingExpo.com...
Dec. 19, 2014 11:30 AM EST Reads: 2,295
"BSQUARE is in the business of selling software solutions for smart connected devices. It's obvious that IoT has moved from being a technology to being a fundamental part of business, and in the last 18 months people have said let's figure out how to do it and let's put some focus on it, " explained Dave Wagstaff, VP & Chief Architect, at BSQUARE Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 11:00 AM EST Reads: 1,850
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
Dec. 19, 2014 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,955
"Our premise is Docker is not enough. That's not a bad thing - we actually love Docker. At ActiveState all our products are based on open source technology and Docker is an up-and-coming piece of open source technology," explained Bart Copeland, President & CEO of ActiveState Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo®, held Nov 4-6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 19, 2014 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,886
Verizon Enterprise Solutions is simplifying the cloud-purchasing experience for its clients, with the launch of Verizon Cloud Marketplace, a key foundational component of the company's robust ecosystem of enterprise-class technologies. The online storefront will initially feature pre-built cloud-based services from AppDynamics, Hitachi Data Systems, Juniper Networks, PfSense and Tervela. Available globally to enterprises using Verizon Cloud, Verizon Cloud Marketplace provides a one-stop shop fo...
Dec. 19, 2014 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,875
SYS-CON Events announced today that Windstream, a leading provider of advanced network and cloud communications, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Windstream (Nasdaq: WIN), a FORTUNE 500 and S&P 500 company, is a leading provider of advanced network communications, including cloud computing and managed services, to businesses nationwide. The company also offers broadband, p...
Dec. 19, 2014 07:00 AM EST Reads: 2,161
The Internet of Things is not new. Historically, smart businesses have used its basic concept of leveraging data to drive better decision making and have capitalized on those insights to realize additional revenue opportunities. So, what has changed to make the Internet of Things one of the hottest topics in tech? In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Gray, Director, Embedded and Internet of Things, discussed the underlying factors that are driving the economics of intelligent systems. Discover ...
Dec. 19, 2014 06:30 AM EST Reads: 2,156
SYS-CON Events announced today that IDenticard will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. IDenticard™ is the security division of Brady Corp (NYSE: BRC), a $1.5 billion manufacturer of identification products. We have small-company values with the strength and stability of a major corporation. IDenticard offers local sales, support and service to our customers across the United States and Canada...
Dec. 19, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,977
SYS-CON Events announced today that AIC, a leading provider of OEM/ODM server and storage solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AIC is a leading provider of both standard OTS, off-the-shelf, and OEM/ODM server and storage solutions. With expert in-house design capabilities, validation, manufacturing and production, AIC's broad selection of products are highly flexible and are conf...
Dec. 19, 2014 04:00 AM EST Reads: 1,791
Leysin American School is an exclusive, private boarding school located in Leysin, Switzerland. Leysin selected an OpenStack-powered, private cloud as a service to manage multiple applications and provide development environments for students across the institution. Seeking to meet rigid data sovereignty and data integrity requirements while offering flexible, on-demand cloud resources to users, Leysin identified OpenStack as the clear choice to round out the school's cloud strategy. Additional...
Dec. 19, 2014 02:00 AM EST Reads: 1,890
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
Dec. 18, 2014 09:45 PM EST Reads: 1,003
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 18, 2014 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,236
Mobile commerce traffic is surpassing desktop, yet less than 20% of sales in the U.S. are mobile commerce sales. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dan Franklin, Segment Manager, Commerce, at Verizon Digital Media Services, defined mobile devices and discussed how next generation means simplification. It means taking your digital content and turning it into instantly gratifying experiences.
Dec. 18, 2014 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,117