|By Marketwired .||
|November 21, 2012 04:00 AM EST||
READING, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 11/21/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Research released today from Oracle indicates there is an opportunity for organizations in Western Europe to use talent management solutions to help improve employee engagement, profitability and operations
- The study reveals that 95% of organizations in Western Europe recognize that talent intelligence can improve their performance and financial success. However, only a quarter (24%) of organizations surveyed are "very satisfied" with the insight they have into talent within their workforce, unveiling a substantial gap between business aspirations and business capabilities
- The report, "Understanding the Impact of Talent Intelligence: A Western European Study," highlights what businesses consider to be the main anticipated financial benefits of increased investment in Talent Intelligence, which are profitability (54%) and saving on the cost of training (53%)
- The Oracle study further found that data-proficient organizations (DPOs) better recognize the value of talent intelligence systems compared to data-deficient organizations (DDOs). 91% of DPOs agree that HR departments use workforce metrics to demonstrate their contribution to the overall business goals, compared to 70% of DDOs.
- Half of DPOs cite HR as a pro-active leader in contributing to corporate strategy, while less than one in five (19%) DDOs agree with this, demonstrating how using effective data can have a direct and positive impact on business strategy and goals
- Conducted by Loudhouse Research, the report surveyed over 300 key decision-makers in midsize and large organizations in the UK, France and Germany
- For full findings and research data, please go to http://bit.ly/SbGsUL
- Adoption Barriers: 43% of organizations consider cost as the main barrier to Talent Intelligence. However, the potential benefits of profitability and savings expressed by respondents potentially outweigh the concern of cost. Lack of executive support (32%) and lack of analytical skills (29%) are cited as further obstacles to adoption by respondents
- Improving Employee Performance: Western European organizations prioritize the "quality of hire" as the most important factor to improving employee value and performance (57%). Succession planning and talent mobility are viewed as a less immediate concern, with only a quarter (28%) of organizations prioritizing placing top performers on succession plans as a route to enhancing performance
- Appreciating the Value of Data: Many organizations surveyed may not fully appreciate the value of their data, with the level of access to reliable data greater than the importance assigned to it. For instance, while "quality of hire" is prioritized in developing business performance, the level of access to reliable related data (58%) is not high compared to similar metrics. Similarly, 43% of organizations agree that productivity improves performance, yet only 47% have access to this data
- Developing Talent: Completing the required training is considered the most important learning and development value (43%) to improving employee performance, with 59% of respondents having access to this data set. This focus is likely to be driven by regulatory or internal governance needs
- Succession Planning: Despite today's working environment, where employees readily move companies and roles, succession planning and talent mobility is considered the least important value to enhancing performance in Western Europe. Only a third of respondents have filled vacated leadership positions with employees already working for the organization, while 39% have critical roles with no identified successors
- DPOs vs DDOs: While the appetite for improved talent intelligence data is the same within both groups, their abilities and priorities differ:
- DDOs are some way behind DPOs with access to reliable data. For example, 43% of DDOs state that employee engagement levels are very important to improving performance, yet only 42% have access to this data. In contrast, just over half (54%) of DPOs cite employee engagement as a critical factor, with two thirds having access to this data
- DPOs focus more on the strategic benefit of Talent Intelligence, with 60% seeing profitability as the biggest financial incentive for investing in improved Talent Intelligence. Saving on training costs is seen as the greatest benefit to DDOs (52%)
- Regional Priorities: Talent intelligence strategies of organizations can be strongly affected by regional factors, such as employment flexibility and data protection requirements. Stringent employment laws in France are reflected in the country's focus on employing the right candidate first time (68%), while greater employment flexibility in the UK explains why the region is less reliant on highly structured employment data. Strong paradigms of seniority and team work in German businesses manifest itself in the findings that no German respondents considered workforce data, such as employee engagement levels, as very important
- "While many organizations in Western Europe recognize the benefit of implementing effective talent intelligence solutions, it is apparent from this report that many fall short of having sufficient access to data that will improve business processes," said Richard Haycock, Senior Director, HCM, at Oracle. "There appears to be an opportunity for organizations in Western Europe to use talent management solutions to gain insight into their talent, enhance employee value and experience, identify areas of strength and weakness, and help improve and optimize operations."
- Connect with Oracle HCM Facebook Page
- Follow OracleHCM Twitter feed
- Oracle Talent Management Cloud Service
- Full Report: "Understanding the Impact of Talent Intelligence: A Western European Study"
Notes to Editors
The research was conducted in May 2012 by Loudhouse Research, an independent market research consultancy based in the UK. The report is based on responses from more than 300 online interviews with business decision-makers, in the UK (102), Germany (102), and France (102).
Data Proficient Organizations (DPOs):
DPOs are defined as those respondent organizations that agree they are proficient at analyzing workforce data AND their business leaders are satisfied with the workforce data provided to them.
Data Deficient Organizations (DDOs):
DDOs are defined as those respondent organizations that don't agree that their organization is proficient at analyzing workforce data or their business leaders are not satisfied with the workforce data provided to them.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo in Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading in...
Sep. 4, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,036
Puppet Labs is pleased to share the findings from our 2015 State of DevOps Survey. We have deepened our understanding of how DevOps enables IT performance and organizational performance, based on responses from more than 20,000 technical professionals we’ve surveyed over the past four years. The 2015 State of DevOps Report reveals high-performing IT organizations deploy 30x more frequently with 200x shorter lead times. They have 60x fewer failures and recover 168x faster
Sep. 4, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 133
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes ab...
Sep. 4, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 751
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the ...
Sep. 4, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,666
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Sep. 4, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,705
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so the...
Sep. 4, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 270
The 3rd International WebRTC Summit, to be held Nov. 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, announces that its Call for Papers is now open. Topics include all aspects of improving IT delivery by eliminating waste through automated business models leveraging cloud technologies. WebRTC Summit is co-located with 15th International Cloud Expo, 6th International Big Data Expo, 3rd International DevOps Summit and 2nd Internet of @ThingsExpo. WebRTC (Web-based Real-Time Com...
Sep. 4, 2015 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,630
SYS-CON Events announced today that Pythian, a global IT services company specializing in helping companies leverage disruptive technologies to optimize revenue-generating systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 17th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Founded in 1997, Pythian is a global IT services company that helps companies compete by adopting disruptive technologies such as cloud, Big Data, advance...
Sep. 4, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 385
IBM’s Blue Box Cloud, powered by OpenStack, is now available in any of IBM’s globally integrated cloud data centers running SoftLayer infrastructure. Less than 90 days after its acquisition of Blue Box, IBM has integrated its Blue Box Cloud Dedicated private-cloud-as-a-service into its broader portfolio of OpenStack® based solutions. The announcement, made today at the OpenStack Silicon Valley event, further highlights IBM’s continued support to deliver OpenStack solutions across all cloud depl...
Sep. 4, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 317
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 492
Containers are not new, but renewed commitments to performance, flexibility, and agility have propelled them to the top of the agenda today. By working without the need for virtualization and its overhead, containers are seen as the perfect way to deploy apps and services across multiple clouds. Containers can handle anything from file types to operating systems and services, including microservices. What are microservices? Unlike what the name implies, microservices are not necessarily small,...
Sep. 3, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 200
All major researchers estimate there will be tens of billions devices - computers, smartphones, tablets, and sensors - connected to the Internet by 2020. This number will continue to grow at a rapid pace for the next several decades. With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo, November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and e...
Sep. 3, 2015 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 178
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Sep. 3, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 369
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Sep. 3, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 547
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 3, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 436
As more and more data is generated from a variety of connected devices, the need to get insights from this data and predict future behavior and trends is increasingly essential for businesses. Real-time stream processing is needed in a variety of different industries such as Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Automobile, Finance, Online Retail, Smart Grids, and Healthcare. Azure Stream Analytics is a fully managed distributed stream computation service that provides low latency, scalable processing of ...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 392
SYS-CON Events announced today that DataClear Inc. will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The DataClear ‘BlackBox’ is the only solution that moves your PC, browsing and data out of the United States and away from prying (and spying) eyes. Its solution automatically builds you a clean, on-demand, virus free, new virtual cloud based PC outside of the United States, and wipes it clean...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 487
In 2014, the market witnessed a massive migration to the cloud as enterprises finally overcame their fears of the cloud’s viability, security, etc. Over the past 18 months, AWS, Google and Microsoft have waged an ongoing battle through a wave of price cuts and new features. For IT executives, sorting through all the noise to make the best cloud investment decisions has become daunting. Enterprises can and are moving away from a "one size fits all" cloud approach. The new competitive field has ...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 181
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 3, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 968
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Sep. 3, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 519