|By Marketwired .||
|November 21, 2012 04:00 AM EST||
READING, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 11/21/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Research released today from Oracle indicates there is an opportunity for organizations in Western Europe to use talent management solutions to help improve employee engagement, profitability and operations
- The study reveals that 95% of organizations in Western Europe recognize that talent intelligence can improve their performance and financial success. However, only a quarter (24%) of organizations surveyed are "very satisfied" with the insight they have into talent within their workforce, unveiling a substantial gap between business aspirations and business capabilities
- The report, "Understanding the Impact of Talent Intelligence: A Western European Study," highlights what businesses consider to be the main anticipated financial benefits of increased investment in Talent Intelligence, which are profitability (54%) and saving on the cost of training (53%)
- The Oracle study further found that data-proficient organizations (DPOs) better recognize the value of talent intelligence systems compared to data-deficient organizations (DDOs). 91% of DPOs agree that HR departments use workforce metrics to demonstrate their contribution to the overall business goals, compared to 70% of DDOs.
- Half of DPOs cite HR as a pro-active leader in contributing to corporate strategy, while less than one in five (19%) DDOs agree with this, demonstrating how using effective data can have a direct and positive impact on business strategy and goals
- Conducted by Loudhouse Research, the report surveyed over 300 key decision-makers in midsize and large organizations in the UK, France and Germany
- For full findings and research data, please go to http://bit.ly/SbGsUL
- Adoption Barriers: 43% of organizations consider cost as the main barrier to Talent Intelligence. However, the potential benefits of profitability and savings expressed by respondents potentially outweigh the concern of cost. Lack of executive support (32%) and lack of analytical skills (29%) are cited as further obstacles to adoption by respondents
- Improving Employee Performance: Western European organizations prioritize the "quality of hire" as the most important factor to improving employee value and performance (57%). Succession planning and talent mobility are viewed as a less immediate concern, with only a quarter (28%) of organizations prioritizing placing top performers on succession plans as a route to enhancing performance
- Appreciating the Value of Data: Many organizations surveyed may not fully appreciate the value of their data, with the level of access to reliable data greater than the importance assigned to it. For instance, while "quality of hire" is prioritized in developing business performance, the level of access to reliable related data (58%) is not high compared to similar metrics. Similarly, 43% of organizations agree that productivity improves performance, yet only 47% have access to this data
- Developing Talent: Completing the required training is considered the most important learning and development value (43%) to improving employee performance, with 59% of respondents having access to this data set. This focus is likely to be driven by regulatory or internal governance needs
- Succession Planning: Despite today's working environment, where employees readily move companies and roles, succession planning and talent mobility is considered the least important value to enhancing performance in Western Europe. Only a third of respondents have filled vacated leadership positions with employees already working for the organization, while 39% have critical roles with no identified successors
- DPOs vs DDOs: While the appetite for improved talent intelligence data is the same within both groups, their abilities and priorities differ:
- DDOs are some way behind DPOs with access to reliable data. For example, 43% of DDOs state that employee engagement levels are very important to improving performance, yet only 42% have access to this data. In contrast, just over half (54%) of DPOs cite employee engagement as a critical factor, with two thirds having access to this data
- DPOs focus more on the strategic benefit of Talent Intelligence, with 60% seeing profitability as the biggest financial incentive for investing in improved Talent Intelligence. Saving on training costs is seen as the greatest benefit to DDOs (52%)
- Regional Priorities: Talent intelligence strategies of organizations can be strongly affected by regional factors, such as employment flexibility and data protection requirements. Stringent employment laws in France are reflected in the country's focus on employing the right candidate first time (68%), while greater employment flexibility in the UK explains why the region is less reliant on highly structured employment data. Strong paradigms of seniority and team work in German businesses manifest itself in the findings that no German respondents considered workforce data, such as employee engagement levels, as very important
- "While many organizations in Western Europe recognize the benefit of implementing effective talent intelligence solutions, it is apparent from this report that many fall short of having sufficient access to data that will improve business processes," said Richard Haycock, Senior Director, HCM, at Oracle. "There appears to be an opportunity for organizations in Western Europe to use talent management solutions to gain insight into their talent, enhance employee value and experience, identify areas of strength and weakness, and help improve and optimize operations."
- Connect with Oracle HCM Facebook Page
- Follow OracleHCM Twitter feed
- Oracle Talent Management Cloud Service
- Full Report: "Understanding the Impact of Talent Intelligence: A Western European Study"
Notes to Editors
The research was conducted in May 2012 by Loudhouse Research, an independent market research consultancy based in the UK. The report is based on responses from more than 300 online interviews with business decision-makers, in the UK (102), Germany (102), and France (102).
Data Proficient Organizations (DPOs):
DPOs are defined as those respondent organizations that agree they are proficient at analyzing workforce data AND their business leaders are satisfied with the workforce data provided to them.
Data Deficient Organizations (DDOs):
DDOs are defined as those respondent organizations that don't agree that their organization is proficient at analyzing workforce data or their business leaders are not satisfied with the workforce data provided to them.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 31, 2015 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 423
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jul. 31, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 493
There are many considerations when moving applications from on-premise to cloud. It is critical to understand the benefits and also challenges of this migration. A successful migration will result in lower Total Cost of Ownership, yet offer the same or higher level of robustness. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Michael Meiner, an Engineering Director at Oracle, Corporation, analyzed a range of cloud offerings (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS) and discussed the benefits/challenges of migrating to each offe...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that MobiDev, a software development company, will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MobiDev is a software development company with representative offices in Atlanta (US), Sheffield (UK) and Würzburg (Germany); and development centers in Ukraine. Since 2009 it has grown from a small group of passionate engineers and business managers to a full-scale mobi...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 271
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Jul. 31, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 363
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Jul. 31, 2015 01:45 PM EDT
In their session at 17th Cloud Expo, Hal Schwartz, CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), and Chuck Paolillo, CTO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), provide a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. In his role as CEO of Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS), Hal Schwartz provides leadership and direction for the company.
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 128
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Jul. 31, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 159
[slides] A New Architecture for the Internet of Things By @JKirklan | @ThingsExpo @RedHatNews #IoT #M2M #InternetOfThings
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,401
Malicious agents are moving faster than the speed of business. Even more worrisome, most companies are relying on legacy approaches to security that are no longer capable of meeting current threats. In the modern cloud, threat diversity is rapidly expanding, necessitating more sophisticated security protocols than those used in the past or in desktop environments. Yet companies are falling for cloud security myths that were truths at one time but have evolved out of existence.
Jul. 30, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,805
Take the Long View with Digital Transformation By @IoT2040 | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #API #Microservices #InternetOfThings
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Jul. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,090
[slides] Workloads and Public Cloud at @CloudExpo By @utollwi | @ProfitBricksUSA #DevOps #Containers #Microservices
Public Cloud IaaS started its life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in adop...
Jul. 30, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,206
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 30, 2015 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 453
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jul. 30, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,745
MuleSoft has announced the findings of its 2015 Connectivity Benchmark Report on the adoption and business impact of APIs. The findings suggest traditional businesses are quickly evolving into "composable enterprises" built out of hundreds of connected software services, applications and devices. Most are embracing the Internet of Things (IoT) and microservices technologies like Docker. A majority are integrating wearables, like smart watches, and more than half plan to generate revenue with ...
Jul. 30, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 105
The Cloud industry has moved from being more than just being able to provide infrastructure and management services on the Cloud. Enter a new era of Cloud computing where monetization’s services through the Cloud are an essential piece of strategy to feed your organizations bottom-line, your revenue and Profitability. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed how to easily o...
Jul. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 381
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 271
Growth hacking is common for startups to make unheard-of progress in building their business. Career Hacks can help Geek Girls and those who support them (yes, that's you too, Dad!) to excel in this typically male-dominated world. Get ready to learn the facts: Is there a bias against women in the tech / developer communities? Why are women 50% of the workforce, but hold only 24% of the STEM or IT positions? Some beginnings of what to do about it! In her Opening Keynote at 16th Cloud Expo, S...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,058
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jul. 30, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,394
"Alert Logic is a managed security service provider that basically deploys technologies, but we support those technologies with the people and process behind it," stated Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 30, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 353