|By Marketwired .||
|November 21, 2012 04:00 AM EST||
READING, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 11/21/12 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Research released today from Oracle indicates there is an opportunity for organizations in Western Europe to use talent management solutions to help improve employee engagement, profitability and operations
- The study reveals that 95% of organizations in Western Europe recognize that talent intelligence can improve their performance and financial success. However, only a quarter (24%) of organizations surveyed are "very satisfied" with the insight they have into talent within their workforce, unveiling a substantial gap between business aspirations and business capabilities
- The report, "Understanding the Impact of Talent Intelligence: A Western European Study," highlights what businesses consider to be the main anticipated financial benefits of increased investment in Talent Intelligence, which are profitability (54%) and saving on the cost of training (53%)
- The Oracle study further found that data-proficient organizations (DPOs) better recognize the value of talent intelligence systems compared to data-deficient organizations (DDOs). 91% of DPOs agree that HR departments use workforce metrics to demonstrate their contribution to the overall business goals, compared to 70% of DDOs.
- Half of DPOs cite HR as a pro-active leader in contributing to corporate strategy, while less than one in five (19%) DDOs agree with this, demonstrating how using effective data can have a direct and positive impact on business strategy and goals
- Conducted by Loudhouse Research, the report surveyed over 300 key decision-makers in midsize and large organizations in the UK, France and Germany
- For full findings and research data, please go to http://bit.ly/SbGsUL
- Adoption Barriers: 43% of organizations consider cost as the main barrier to Talent Intelligence. However, the potential benefits of profitability and savings expressed by respondents potentially outweigh the concern of cost. Lack of executive support (32%) and lack of analytical skills (29%) are cited as further obstacles to adoption by respondents
- Improving Employee Performance: Western European organizations prioritize the "quality of hire" as the most important factor to improving employee value and performance (57%). Succession planning and talent mobility are viewed as a less immediate concern, with only a quarter (28%) of organizations prioritizing placing top performers on succession plans as a route to enhancing performance
- Appreciating the Value of Data: Many organizations surveyed may not fully appreciate the value of their data, with the level of access to reliable data greater than the importance assigned to it. For instance, while "quality of hire" is prioritized in developing business performance, the level of access to reliable related data (58%) is not high compared to similar metrics. Similarly, 43% of organizations agree that productivity improves performance, yet only 47% have access to this data
- Developing Talent: Completing the required training is considered the most important learning and development value (43%) to improving employee performance, with 59% of respondents having access to this data set. This focus is likely to be driven by regulatory or internal governance needs
- Succession Planning: Despite today's working environment, where employees readily move companies and roles, succession planning and talent mobility is considered the least important value to enhancing performance in Western Europe. Only a third of respondents have filled vacated leadership positions with employees already working for the organization, while 39% have critical roles with no identified successors
- DPOs vs DDOs: While the appetite for improved talent intelligence data is the same within both groups, their abilities and priorities differ:
- DDOs are some way behind DPOs with access to reliable data. For example, 43% of DDOs state that employee engagement levels are very important to improving performance, yet only 42% have access to this data. In contrast, just over half (54%) of DPOs cite employee engagement as a critical factor, with two thirds having access to this data
- DPOs focus more on the strategic benefit of Talent Intelligence, with 60% seeing profitability as the biggest financial incentive for investing in improved Talent Intelligence. Saving on training costs is seen as the greatest benefit to DDOs (52%)
- Regional Priorities: Talent intelligence strategies of organizations can be strongly affected by regional factors, such as employment flexibility and data protection requirements. Stringent employment laws in France are reflected in the country's focus on employing the right candidate first time (68%), while greater employment flexibility in the UK explains why the region is less reliant on highly structured employment data. Strong paradigms of seniority and team work in German businesses manifest itself in the findings that no German respondents considered workforce data, such as employee engagement levels, as very important
- "While many organizations in Western Europe recognize the benefit of implementing effective talent intelligence solutions, it is apparent from this report that many fall short of having sufficient access to data that will improve business processes," said Richard Haycock, Senior Director, HCM, at Oracle. "There appears to be an opportunity for organizations in Western Europe to use talent management solutions to gain insight into their talent, enhance employee value and experience, identify areas of strength and weakness, and help improve and optimize operations."
- Connect with Oracle HCM Facebook Page
- Follow OracleHCM Twitter feed
- Oracle Talent Management Cloud Service
- Full Report: "Understanding the Impact of Talent Intelligence: A Western European Study"
Notes to Editors
The research was conducted in May 2012 by Loudhouse Research, an independent market research consultancy based in the UK. The report is based on responses from more than 300 online interviews with business decision-makers, in the UK (102), Germany (102), and France (102).
Data Proficient Organizations (DPOs):
DPOs are defined as those respondent organizations that agree they are proficient at analyzing workforce data AND their business leaders are satisfied with the workforce data provided to them.
Data Deficient Organizations (DDOs):
DDOs are defined as those respondent organizations that don't agree that their organization is proficient at analyzing workforce data or their business leaders are not satisfied with the workforce data provided to them.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect t...
Jul. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,345
"We provide a web application framework for building really sophisticated web applications that run on a browser without any installation need so we get used for biotech, defense, and banking applications," noted Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit (http://DevOpsSummit.SYS-CON.com), held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York
Jul. 3, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,229
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Infrastructure & Services will exhibit at SYS-CON's 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Secure Infrastructure & Services (SIAS) is a managed services provider of cloud computing solutions for the IBM Power Systems market. The company helps mid-market firms built on IBM hardware platforms to deploy new levels of reliable and cost-effective computing and hig...
Jul. 3, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 317
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jul. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,349
In the midst of the widespread popularity and adoption of cloud computing, it seems like everything is being offered “as a Service” these days: Infrastructure? Check. Platform? You bet. Software? Absolutely. Toaster? It’s only a matter of time. With service providers positioning vastly differing offerings under a generic “cloud” umbrella, it’s all too easy to get confused about what’s actually being offered. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Kevin Hazard, Director of Digital Content for SoftL...
Jul. 3, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,303
"What Dyn is able to do with our Internet performance and our Internet intelligence is give companies visibility into what is actually going on in that cloud," noted Corey Hamilton, Product Marketing Manager at Dyn, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 3, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 820
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies drivi...
Jul. 3, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,200
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 3, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 948
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and Containers together help companies to achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of...
Jul. 3, 2015 11:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,371
IT data is typically silo'd by the various tools in place. Unifying all the log, metric and event data in one analytics platform stops finger pointing and provides the end-to-end correlation. Logs, metrics and custom event data can be joined to tell the holistic story of your software and operations. For example, users can correlate code deploys to system performance to application error codes. In his session at DevOps Summit, Michael Demmer, VP of Engineering at Jut, will discuss how this can...
Jul. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 665
The last decade was about virtual machines, but the next one is about containers. Containers enable a service to run on any host at any time. Traditional tools are starting to show cracks because they were not designed for this level of application portability. Now is the time to look at new ways to deploy and manage applications at scale. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, Brian “Redbeard” Harrington, a principal architect at CoreOS, will examine how CoreOS helps teams run in production. Attende...
Jul. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 734
Containers are revolutionizing the way we deploy and maintain our infrastructures, but monitoring and troubleshooting in a containerized environment can still be painful and impractical. Understanding even basic resource usage is difficult – let alone tracking network connections or malicious activity. In his session at DevOps Summit, Gianluca Borello, Sr. Software Engineer at Sysdig, will cover the current state of the art for container monitoring and visibility, including pros / cons and liv...
Jul. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 751
Live Webinar with 451 Research Analyst Peter Christy. Join us on Wednesday July 22, 2015, at 10 am PT / 1 pm ET In a world where users are on the Internet and the applications are in the cloud, how do you maintain your historic SLA with your users? Peter Christy, Research Director, Networks at 451 Research, will discuss this new network paradigm, one in which there is no LAN and no WAN, and discuss what users and network administrators gain and give up when migrating to the agile world of clo...
Jul. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 819
Agile, which started in the development organization, has gradually expanded into other areas downstream - namely IT and Operations. Teams – then teams of teams – have streamlined processes, improved feedback loops and driven a much faster pace into IT departments which have had profound effects on the entire organization. In his session at DevOps Summit, Anders Wallgren, Chief Technology Officer of Electric Cloud, will discuss how DevOps and Continuous Delivery have emerged to help connect dev...
Jul. 3, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,099
WebRTC converts the entire network into a ubiquitous communications cloud thereby connecting anytime, anywhere through any point. In his session at WebRTC Summit,, Mark Castleman, EIR at Bell Labs and Head of Future X Labs, will discuss how the transformational nature of communications is achieved through the democratizing force of WebRTC. WebRTC is doing for voice what HTML did for web content.
Jul. 3, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 804
"A lot of the enterprises that have been using our systems for many years are reaching out to the cloud - the public cloud, the private cloud and hybrid," stated Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 3, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 796
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of pro...
Jul. 3, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,306
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 3, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,122
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at th...
Jul. 3, 2015 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,117
"We have a tagline - "Power in the API Economy." What that means is everything that is built in applications and connected applications is done through APIs," explained Roberto Medrano, Executive Vice President at Akana, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 3, 2015 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,124