|By Marketwired .||
|December 10, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 12/10/12 --
- Coveo announced today that it has secured $18 million in funding, in a round led by Tandem Expansion Fund, Canada's largest late-stage technology investment firm. All major existing investors also participated in the round, including BDC Venture Capital, Propulsion Ventures SEC and Fonds de solidarité FTQ.
- The funding will support Coveo's expansion as the market continues to heat up for solutions that enable actionable insight from Big Data. Coveo's advanced search technology redefines how people access fragmented information and collaborate around the social enterprise. Organizations are increasingly data-rich but insight-poor, fueled in large part by the data variety explosion, the inability to integrate information from legacy systems, exponentially growing social media, and the move of many organizational systems to the cloud. Coveo brings together this collective knowledge for every user, giving them actionable insights into customers, products, projects, people and more.
- The company has grown significantly during the past several years, including several year-over-year quarters in 2012 of 80 to 100 percent growth in license revenue, and has been operating at or close to profitability. This funding will be used to expand Coveo's sales and marketing efforts, and to help scale operations in advance of anticipated hyper growth.
- Coveo recently launched Coveo for Salesforce, a cloud-based application integrated into the Salesforce.com UI which brings the collective knowledge to every Salesforce user, delivering actionable insights for every customer interaction. Coveo automatically recommends content relevant to what the user is working on, whether that is an account, a lead, an opportunity or a case. It consolidates fragmented information from across a variety of cloud-based and social platforms, or on-premise databases or systems. Coveo for Salesforce is currently available for free trial via www.coveo.com, and is expected to be available via the Salesforce AppExchange within the next few weeks.
- Tandem Managing Director Andre Gauthier joins the Coveo Board of Directors concurrent with the funding. Mr. Gauthier has significant experience in financial management including multi-jurisdiction mergers and acquisitions, investor relations, reporting, corporate governance and regulatory compliance of U.S. and Canadian listed companies. Gauthier was executive vice president and CFO of Telesystem International Wireless Inc. ("TIW") until it was sold to Vodafone Group Plc ("Vodafone") in a transaction valued at U.S. $4.5 billion.
- Andre Gauthier, Managing Director, Tandem Expansion Fund: "Our investment philosophy is to find great companies at a stage where they are ready to take their growth to the next level. Coveo has invested heavily in its technology, the market timing is a perfect storm for solutions that enable greater insight into highly fragmented data, and its customers rave about the ROI of the technology. We think Coveo is about to experience explosive growth."
- Louis Têtu, Chairman and CEO, Coveo: "Companies are struggling mightily with big, fragmented data, and are recognizing the need for powerful information access and consolidation technologies like never before. This is a major shift brought on by the need to better engage with customers, ensuring that every customer experience is more relevant and additive. The goal of the social enterprise is to connect customers and people at the center of all operations, and this is what Coveo enables through information."
About Tandem Expansion Fund
Tandem is a growth equity investor in Canadian technology businesses. Tandem is committed to helping Canadian companies and their management team to reach their full potential. Beyond capital, Tandem helps to make things happen by contributing its experience in building companies, its relationships and its proven ability to create value. Tandem values integrity, trust, openness and long-term relationships. For more information regarding Tandem, and to contact the Fund regarding investment opportunities: www.tandemexpansion.com. Other late-stage companies in the Tandem Expansion fund portfolio include Beyond the Rack, CiRBA, Acquisio and Solace Systems.
Coveo search technology redefines how people access and share fragmented knowledge around the social enterprise. Coveo brings together the collective and yet fragmented information from social, enterprise and cloud-based systems, and makes it relevant to every user and customer, every time. Coveo connects people to contextual content, and through content, to relevant people. This enables more efficient customer service, increased sales, shorter sales cycles, faster innovation for better product development and increased profitability. Coveo's advanced search and unified indexing technology securely connects with and crawls all systems to create a virtual integration layer, by federating and normalizing structured and unstructured information.
The Company's lines of business bring relevant insight to CRM for Sales & Customer Service, Web Content Management systems for personalized online experiences, and Enterprise Content so that engineering and operations can tap into content and stop reinventing the wheel. Among Coveo's more than 400 customers are CA Technologies, Lockheed Martin, YUM! Brands, GEICO and Boston Children's Hospital. For more information, visit www.coveo.com, follow us on Twitter @coveo or like us on Facebook.
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, explored the IoT cloud-based platform technologies driving t...
Nov. 30, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 446
I recently attended and was a speaker at the 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Santa Clara Convention Center. I also had the opportunity to attend this event last year and I wrote a blog from that show talking about how the “Enterprise Impact of IoT” was a key theme of last year’s show. I was curious to see if the same theme would still resonate 365 days later and what, if any, changes I would see in the content presented.
Nov. 30, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 447
Cloud computing delivers on-demand resources that provide businesses with flexibility and cost-savings. The challenge in moving workloads to the cloud has been the cost and complexity of ensuring the initial and ongoing security and regulatory (PCI, HIPAA, FFIEC) compliance across private and public clouds. Manual security compliance is slow, prone to human error, and represents over 50% of the cost of managing cloud applications. Determining how to automate cloud security compliance is critical...
Nov. 30, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 449
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership ab...
Nov. 30, 2015 12:00 AM EST Reads: 418
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing & protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. CommVault can ensure protection & E-Discovery of your data - whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise.
Nov. 29, 2015 06:00 PM EST Reads: 236
In his General Session at DevOps Summit, Asaf Yigal, Co-Founder & VP of Product at Logz.io, explored the value of Kibana 4 for log analysis and provided a hands-on tutorial on how to set up Kibana 4 and get the most out of Apache log files. He examined three use cases: IT operations, business intelligence, and security and compliance. Asaf Yigal is co-founder and VP of Product at log analytics software company Logz.io. In the past, he was co-founder of social-trading platform Currensee, which...
Nov. 29, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 255
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Nov. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 487
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Nov. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EST Reads: 358
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Nov. 29, 2015 12:45 PM EST Reads: 422
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Nov. 29, 2015 12:30 PM EST Reads: 427
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Nov. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 528
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Nov. 29, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 333
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Nov. 29, 2015 11:30 AM EST Reads: 276
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Nov. 29, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 206
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Nov. 29, 2015 09:45 AM EST Reads: 454
We all know that data growth is exploding and storage budgets are shrinking. Instead of showing you charts on about how much data there is, in his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing at HGST, showed how to capture all of your data in one place. After you have your data under control, you can then analyze it in one place, saving time and resources.
Nov. 29, 2015 08:45 AM EST Reads: 232
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Nov. 29, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 282
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Nov. 29, 2015 06:00 AM EST Reads: 377
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true ...
Nov. 29, 2015 06:00 AM EST Reads: 561
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem"...
Nov. 29, 2015 05:00 AM EST Reads: 465