|By Marketwired .||
|December 10, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 12/10/12 --
- Coveo announced today that it has secured $18 million in funding, in a round led by Tandem Expansion Fund, Canada's largest late-stage technology investment firm. All major existing investors also participated in the round, including BDC Venture Capital, Propulsion Ventures SEC and Fonds de solidarité FTQ.
- The funding will support Coveo's expansion as the market continues to heat up for solutions that enable actionable insight from Big Data. Coveo's advanced search technology redefines how people access fragmented information and collaborate around the social enterprise. Organizations are increasingly data-rich but insight-poor, fueled in large part by the data variety explosion, the inability to integrate information from legacy systems, exponentially growing social media, and the move of many organizational systems to the cloud. Coveo brings together this collective knowledge for every user, giving them actionable insights into customers, products, projects, people and more.
- The company has grown significantly during the past several years, including several year-over-year quarters in 2012 of 80 to 100 percent growth in license revenue, and has been operating at or close to profitability. This funding will be used to expand Coveo's sales and marketing efforts, and to help scale operations in advance of anticipated hyper growth.
- Coveo recently launched Coveo for Salesforce, a cloud-based application integrated into the Salesforce.com UI which brings the collective knowledge to every Salesforce user, delivering actionable insights for every customer interaction. Coveo automatically recommends content relevant to what the user is working on, whether that is an account, a lead, an opportunity or a case. It consolidates fragmented information from across a variety of cloud-based and social platforms, or on-premise databases or systems. Coveo for Salesforce is currently available for free trial via www.coveo.com, and is expected to be available via the Salesforce AppExchange within the next few weeks.
- Tandem Managing Director Andre Gauthier joins the Coveo Board of Directors concurrent with the funding. Mr. Gauthier has significant experience in financial management including multi-jurisdiction mergers and acquisitions, investor relations, reporting, corporate governance and regulatory compliance of U.S. and Canadian listed companies. Gauthier was executive vice president and CFO of Telesystem International Wireless Inc. ("TIW") until it was sold to Vodafone Group Plc ("Vodafone") in a transaction valued at U.S. $4.5 billion.
- Andre Gauthier, Managing Director, Tandem Expansion Fund: "Our investment philosophy is to find great companies at a stage where they are ready to take their growth to the next level. Coveo has invested heavily in its technology, the market timing is a perfect storm for solutions that enable greater insight into highly fragmented data, and its customers rave about the ROI of the technology. We think Coveo is about to experience explosive growth."
- Louis Têtu, Chairman and CEO, Coveo: "Companies are struggling mightily with big, fragmented data, and are recognizing the need for powerful information access and consolidation technologies like never before. This is a major shift brought on by the need to better engage with customers, ensuring that every customer experience is more relevant and additive. The goal of the social enterprise is to connect customers and people at the center of all operations, and this is what Coveo enables through information."
About Tandem Expansion Fund
Tandem is a growth equity investor in Canadian technology businesses. Tandem is committed to helping Canadian companies and their management team to reach their full potential. Beyond capital, Tandem helps to make things happen by contributing its experience in building companies, its relationships and its proven ability to create value. Tandem values integrity, trust, openness and long-term relationships. For more information regarding Tandem, and to contact the Fund regarding investment opportunities: www.tandemexpansion.com. Other late-stage companies in the Tandem Expansion fund portfolio include Beyond the Rack, CiRBA, Acquisio and Solace Systems.
Coveo search technology redefines how people access and share fragmented knowledge around the social enterprise. Coveo brings together the collective and yet fragmented information from social, enterprise and cloud-based systems, and makes it relevant to every user and customer, every time. Coveo connects people to contextual content, and through content, to relevant people. This enables more efficient customer service, increased sales, shorter sales cycles, faster innovation for better product development and increased profitability. Coveo's advanced search and unified indexing technology securely connects with and crawls all systems to create a virtual integration layer, by federating and normalizing structured and unstructured information.
The Company's lines of business bring relevant insight to CRM for Sales & Customer Service, Web Content Management systems for personalized online experiences, and Enterprise Content so that engineering and operations can tap into content and stop reinventing the wheel. Among Coveo's more than 400 customers are CA Technologies, Lockheed Martin, YUM! Brands, GEICO and Boston Children's Hospital. For more information, visit www.coveo.com, follow us on Twitter @coveo or like us on Facebook.
The Internet of Things will put IT to its ultimate test by creating infinite new opportunities to digitize products and services, generate and analyze new data to improve customer satisfaction, and discover new ways to gain a competitive advantage across nearly every industry. In order to help corporate business units to capitalize on the rapidly evolving IoT opportunities, IT must stand up to a new set of challenges. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jeff Kaplan, Managing Director of THINKstrateg...
Nov. 26, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 800
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happe...
Nov. 26, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 633
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective ...
Nov. 26, 2014 06:45 PM EST Reads: 766
Cultural, regulatory, environmental, political and economic (CREPE) conditions over the past decade are creating cross-industry solution spaces that require processes and technologies from both the Internet of Things (IoT), and Data Management and Analytics (DMA). These solution spaces are evolving into Sensor Analytics Ecosystems (SAE) that represent significant new opportunities for organizations of all types. Public Utilities throughout the world, providing electricity, natural gas and water,...
Nov. 26, 2014 06:00 PM EST Reads: 890
"Matrix is an ambitious open standard and implementation that's set up to break down the fragmentation problems that exist in IP messaging and VoIP communication," explained John Woolf, Technical Evangelist at Matrix, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 26, 2014 05:45 PM EST Reads: 846
When an enterprise builds a hybrid IaaS cloud connecting its data center to one or more public clouds, security is often a major topic along with the other challenges involved. Security is closely intertwined with the networking choices made for the hybrid cloud. Traditional networking approaches for building a hybrid cloud try to kludge together the enterprise infrastructure with the public cloud. Consequently this approach requires risky, deep "surgery" including changes to firewalls, subnets...
Nov. 26, 2014 04:45 PM EST Reads: 493
DevOps is all about agility. However, you don't want to be on a high-speed bus to nowhere. The right DevOps approach controls velocity with a tight feedback loop that not only consists of operational data but also incorporates business context. With a business context in the decision making, the right business priorities are incorporated, which results in a higher value creation. In his session at DevOps Summit, Todd Rader, Solutions Architect at AppDynamics, discussed key monitoring techniques...
Nov. 26, 2014 04:45 PM EST Reads: 527
Want to enable self-service provisioning of application environments in minutes that mirror production? Can you automatically provide rich data with code-level detail back to the developers when issues occur in production? In his session at DevOps Summit, David Tesar, Microsoft Technical Evangelist on Microsoft Azure and DevOps, will discuss how to accomplish this and more utilizing technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Visual Studio online, and Application Insights in this demo-heavy session.
Nov. 26, 2014 04:45 PM EST Reads: 498
The Internet of Things will greatly expand the opportunities for data collection and new business models driven off of that data. In her session at @ThingsExpo, Esmeralda Swartz, CMO of MetraTech, discussed how for this to be effective you not only need to have infrastructure and operational models capable of utilizing this new phenomenon, but increasingly service providers will need to convince a skeptical public to participate. Get ready to show them the money!
Nov. 26, 2014 04:00 PM EST Reads: 948
One of the biggest challenges when developing connected devices is identifying user value and delivering it through successful user experiences. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mike Kuniavsky, Principal Scientist, Innovation Services at PARC, described an IoT-specific approach to user experience design that combines approaches from interaction design, industrial design and service design to create experiences that go beyond simple connected gadgets to create lasting, multi-device exp...
Nov. 26, 2014 03:45 PM EST Reads: 918
P2P RTC will impact the landscape of communications, shifting from traditional telephony style communications models to OTT (Over-The-Top) cloud assisted & PaaS (Platform as a Service) communication services. The P2P shift will impact many areas of our lives, from mobile communication, human interactive web services, RTC and telephony infrastructure, user federation, security and privacy implications, business costs, and scalability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robin Raymond, Chief Architect...
Nov. 26, 2014 02:00 PM EST Reads: 1,447
High-performing enterprise Software Quality Assurance (SQA) teams validate systems that are ready for use - getting most actively involved as components integrate and form complete systems. These teams catch and report on defects, making sure the customer gets the best software possible. SQA teams have leveraged automation and virtualization to execute more thorough testing in less time - bringing Dev and Ops together, ensuring production readiness. Does the emergence of DevOps mean the end of E...
Nov. 25, 2014 11:30 PM EST Reads: 1,108
Scott Jenson leads a project called The Physical Web within the Chrome team at Google. Project members are working to take the scalability and openness of the web and use it to talk to the exponentially exploding range of smart devices. Nearly every company today working on the IoT comes up with the same basic solution: use my server and you'll be fine. But if we really believe there will be trillions of these devices, that just can't scale. We need a system that is open a scalable and by using ...
Nov. 25, 2014 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,196
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series dat...
Nov. 25, 2014 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,243
"Verizon offers public cloud, virtual private cloud as well as private cloud on-premises - many different alternatives. Verizon's deep knowledge in applications and the fact that we are responsible for applications that make call outs to other systems. Those systems and those resources may not be in Verizon Cloud, we understand at the end of the day it's going to be federated," explained Anne Plese, Senior Consultant, Cloud Product Marketing at Verizon Enterprise, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at...
Nov. 25, 2014 09:00 PM EST Reads: 1,322
"For the past 4 years we have been working mainly to export. For the last 3 or 4 years the main market was Russia. In the past year we have been working to expand our footprint in Europe and the United States," explained Andris Gailitis, CEO of DEAC, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 25, 2014 08:15 PM EST Reads: 1,101
The Domain Name Service (DNS) is one of the most important components in networking infrastructure, enabling users and services to access applications by translating URLs (names) into IP addresses (numbers). Because every icon and URL and all embedded content on a website requires a DNS lookup loading complex sites necessitates hundreds of DNS queries. In addition, as more internet-enabled ‘Things' get connected, people will rely on DNS to name and find their fridges, toasters and toilets. Acco...
Nov. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 1,290
The term culture has had a polarizing effect among DevOps supporters. Some propose that culture change is critical for success with DevOps, but are remiss to define culture. Some talk about a DevOps culture but then reference activities that could lead to culture change and there are those that talk about culture change as a set of behaviors that need to be adopted by those in IT. There is no question that businesses successful in adopting a DevOps mindset have seen departmental culture change, ...
Nov. 25, 2014 07:00 PM EST Reads: 992
"Cloud consumption is something we envision at Solgenia. That is trying to let the cloud spread to the user as a consumption, as utility computing. We want to allow the people to just pay for what they use, not a subscription model," explained Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Nov. 25, 2014 06:15 PM EST Reads: 964
Enthusiasm for the Internet of Things has reached an all-time high. In 2013 alone, venture capitalists spent more than $1 billion dollars investing in the IoT space. With "smart" appliances and devices, IoT covers wearable smart devices, cloud services to hardware companies. Nest, a Google company, detects temperatures inside homes and automatically adjusts it by tracking its user's habit. These technologies are quickly developing and with it come challenges such as bridging infrastructure gaps,...
Nov. 25, 2014 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,299