|By Marketwired .||
|December 10, 2012 08:00 AM EST||
QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 12/10/12 --
- Coveo announced today that it has secured $18 million in funding, in a round led by Tandem Expansion Fund, Canada's largest late-stage technology investment firm. All major existing investors also participated in the round, including BDC Venture Capital, Propulsion Ventures SEC and Fonds de solidarité FTQ.
- The funding will support Coveo's expansion as the market continues to heat up for solutions that enable actionable insight from Big Data. Coveo's advanced search technology redefines how people access fragmented information and collaborate around the social enterprise. Organizations are increasingly data-rich but insight-poor, fueled in large part by the data variety explosion, the inability to integrate information from legacy systems, exponentially growing social media, and the move of many organizational systems to the cloud. Coveo brings together this collective knowledge for every user, giving them actionable insights into customers, products, projects, people and more.
- The company has grown significantly during the past several years, including several year-over-year quarters in 2012 of 80 to 100 percent growth in license revenue, and has been operating at or close to profitability. This funding will be used to expand Coveo's sales and marketing efforts, and to help scale operations in advance of anticipated hyper growth.
- Coveo recently launched Coveo for Salesforce, a cloud-based application integrated into the Salesforce.com UI which brings the collective knowledge to every Salesforce user, delivering actionable insights for every customer interaction. Coveo automatically recommends content relevant to what the user is working on, whether that is an account, a lead, an opportunity or a case. It consolidates fragmented information from across a variety of cloud-based and social platforms, or on-premise databases or systems. Coveo for Salesforce is currently available for free trial via www.coveo.com, and is expected to be available via the Salesforce AppExchange within the next few weeks.
- Tandem Managing Director Andre Gauthier joins the Coveo Board of Directors concurrent with the funding. Mr. Gauthier has significant experience in financial management including multi-jurisdiction mergers and acquisitions, investor relations, reporting, corporate governance and regulatory compliance of U.S. and Canadian listed companies. Gauthier was executive vice president and CFO of Telesystem International Wireless Inc. ("TIW") until it was sold to Vodafone Group Plc ("Vodafone") in a transaction valued at U.S. $4.5 billion.
- Andre Gauthier, Managing Director, Tandem Expansion Fund: "Our investment philosophy is to find great companies at a stage where they are ready to take their growth to the next level. Coveo has invested heavily in its technology, the market timing is a perfect storm for solutions that enable greater insight into highly fragmented data, and its customers rave about the ROI of the technology. We think Coveo is about to experience explosive growth."
- Louis Têtu, Chairman and CEO, Coveo: "Companies are struggling mightily with big, fragmented data, and are recognizing the need for powerful information access and consolidation technologies like never before. This is a major shift brought on by the need to better engage with customers, ensuring that every customer experience is more relevant and additive. The goal of the social enterprise is to connect customers and people at the center of all operations, and this is what Coveo enables through information."
About Tandem Expansion Fund
Tandem is a growth equity investor in Canadian technology businesses. Tandem is committed to helping Canadian companies and their management team to reach their full potential. Beyond capital, Tandem helps to make things happen by contributing its experience in building companies, its relationships and its proven ability to create value. Tandem values integrity, trust, openness and long-term relationships. For more information regarding Tandem, and to contact the Fund regarding investment opportunities: www.tandemexpansion.com. Other late-stage companies in the Tandem Expansion fund portfolio include Beyond the Rack, CiRBA, Acquisio and Solace Systems.
Coveo search technology redefines how people access and share fragmented knowledge around the social enterprise. Coveo brings together the collective and yet fragmented information from social, enterprise and cloud-based systems, and makes it relevant to every user and customer, every time. Coveo connects people to contextual content, and through content, to relevant people. This enables more efficient customer service, increased sales, shorter sales cycles, faster innovation for better product development and increased profitability. Coveo's advanced search and unified indexing technology securely connects with and crawls all systems to create a virtual integration layer, by federating and normalizing structured and unstructured information.
The Company's lines of business bring relevant insight to CRM for Sales & Customer Service, Web Content Management systems for personalized online experiences, and Enterprise Content so that engineering and operations can tap into content and stop reinventing the wheel. Among Coveo's more than 400 customers are CA Technologies, Lockheed Martin, YUM! Brands, GEICO and Boston Children's Hospital. For more information, visit www.coveo.com, follow us on Twitter @coveo or like us on Facebook.
More and more brands have jumped on the IoT bandwagon. We have an excess of wearables – activity trackers, smartwatches, smart glasses and sneakers, and more that track seemingly endless datapoints. However, most consumers have no idea what “IoT” means. Creating more wearables that track data shouldn't be the aim of brands; delivering meaningful, tangible relevance to their users should be. We're in a period in which the IoT pendulum is still swinging. Initially, it swung toward "smart for smar...
Dec. 2, 2016 12:11 PM EST Reads: 130
"ReadyTalk is an audio and web video conferencing provider. We've really come to embrace WebRTC as the platform for our future of technology," explained Dan Cunningham, CTO of ReadyTalk, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at WebRTC Summit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 120
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place June 6-8, 2017 at the Javits Center in New York City, New York, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,823
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,450
In an era of historic innovation fueled by unprecedented access to data and technology, the low cost and risk of entering new markets has leveled the playing field for business. Today, any ambitious innovator can easily introduce a new application or product that can reinvent business models and transform the client experience. In their Day 2 Keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Mercer Rowe, IBM Vice President of Strategic Alliances, and Raejeanne Skillern, Intel Vice President of Data Center Group and G...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 1,842
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EST Reads: 3,737
Extracting business value from Internet of Things (IoT) data doesn’t happen overnight. There are several requirements that must be satisfied, including IoT device enablement, data analysis, real-time detection of complex events and automated orchestration of actions. Unfortunately, too many companies fall short in achieving their business goals by implementing incomplete solutions or not focusing on tangible use cases. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Dave McCarthy, Director of Products...
Dec. 2, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 392
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 2, 2016 11:00 AM EST Reads: 393
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:45 AM EST Reads: 1,590
Data is the fuel that drives the machine learning algorithmic engines and ultimately provides the business value. In his session at Cloud Expo, Ed Featherston, a director and senior enterprise architect at Collaborative Consulting, discussed the key considerations around quality, volume, timeliness, and pedigree that must be dealt with in order to properly fuel that engine.
Dec. 2, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,897
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:15 AM EST Reads: 2,020
Fact: storage performance problems have only gotten more complicated, as applications not only have become largely virtualized, but also have moved to cloud-based infrastructures. Storage performance in virtualized environments isn’t just about IOPS anymore. Instead, you need to guarantee performance for individual VMs, helping applications maintain performance as the number of VMs continues to go up in real time. In his session at Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, Product and Marketing at Tintri, sha...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 691
As ridesharing competitors and enhanced services increase, notable changes are occurring in the transportation model. Despite the cost-effective means and flexibility of ridesharing, both drivers and users will need to be aware of the connected environment and how it will impact the ridesharing experience. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Timothy Evavold, Executive Director Automotive at Covisint, discussed key challenges and solutions to powering a ride sharing and/or multimodal model in the age ...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 1,069
Businesses and business units of all sizes can benefit from cloud computing, but many don't want the cost, performance and security concerns of public cloud nor the complexity of building their own private clouds. Today, some cloud vendors are using artificial intelligence (AI) to simplify cloud deployment and management. In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Ajay Gulati, Co-founder and CEO of ZeroStack, will discuss how AI can simplify cloud operations. He will cover the following topics: why clou...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 501
Regulatory requirements exist to promote the controlled sharing of information, while protecting the privacy and/or security of the information. Regulations for each type of information have their own set of rules, policies, and guidelines. Cloud Service Providers (CSP) are faced with increasing demand for services at decreasing prices. Demonstrating and maintaining compliance with regulations is a nontrivial task and doing so against numerous sets of regulatory requirements can be daunting task...
Dec. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 602
Effectively SMBs and government programs must address compounded regulatory compliance requirements. The most recent are Controlled Unclassified Information and the EU's GDPR have Board Level implications. Managing sensitive data protection will likely result in acquisition criteria, demonstration requests and new requirements. Developers, as part of the pre-planning process and the associated supply chain, could benefit from updating their code libraries and design by incorporating changes. In...
Dec. 2, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 888
CloudJumper, a Workspace as a Service (WaaS) platform innovator for agile business IT, has been recognized with the Customer Value Leadership Award for its nWorkSpace platform by Frost & Sullivan. The company was also featured in a new report(1) by the industry research firm titled, “Desktop-as-a-Service Buyer’s Guide, 2016,” which provides a comprehensive comparison of DaaS providers, including CloudJumper, Amazon, VMware, and Microsoft.
Dec. 2, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 623
The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to simplify and streamline our lives by automating routine tasks that distract us from our goals. This promise is based on the ubiquitous deployment of smart, connected devices that link everything from industrial control systems to automobiles to refrigerators. Unfortunately, comparatively few of the devices currently deployed have been developed with an eye toward security, and as the DDoS attacks of late October 2016 have demonstrated, this oversight can ...
Dec. 2, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 568
Bert Loomis was a visionary. This general session will highlight how Bert Loomis and people like him inspire us to build great things with small inventions. In their general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Architect at IBM Bluemix, and Michael O'Neill, Strategic Business Development at Nvidia, discussed the accelerating pace of AI development and how IBM Cloud and NVIDIA are partnering to bring AI capabilities to "every day," on-demand. They also reviewed two "free infrastructure" pr...
Dec. 2, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 703
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Dec. 2, 2016 09:30 AM EST Reads: 2,108