|By PR Newswire||
|December 10, 2012 08:01 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the enterprise cloud computing (http://www.salesforce.com/cloudcomputing/) company, today announced that Obama for America's winning 2012 presidential campaign tapped Salesforce for many functions central to its 2012 operations. With the Salesforce Service Cloud, Salesforce Chatter and Salesforce Platform, President Barack Obama's successful campaign powered its constituent correspondence, contact center, battleground state budget management and surrogate event management functions. Hundreds of campaign workers and volunteers took advantage of the flexibility and massive scalability of salesforce.com's cloud computing platform to manage and respond to 5.7 million voter inquiries and 1.5 million voter contact records over a span of 13 months, including an enormous Election Day spike of 80,000 inquiries in a single day.
Comments on the News:
- "Key to the campaign's success was a technology platform that allowed us to engage with constituents and make data-driven decisions in real time," said Michael Slaby, chief information and innovation officer, Obama for America. "In addition, Salesforce massively scaled to meet our real-time engagement and decision-making needs."
- "The Obama campaign represented as talented a group of technology innovators working together that has ever been assembled," said Vivek Kundra, executive vice president, emerging markets, salesforce.com. "We're honored they chose salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies to deliver so many different solutions that were central to the first campaign built for the social era."
Salesforce Massively Scales and Helps the Obama Campaign Win
The Obama team needed to rapidly deploy a solution that would massively scale without purchasing or maintaining costly software, hardware or infrastructure. Speed, scale and cost were key factors in its decision to choose the enterprise cloud leader, salesforce.com. Salesforce.com's social, mobile and cloud technologies powered these mission-critical functions of the President's winning campaign:
- Constituent Correspondence: The campaign turned to the Service Cloud to manage 5.7 million voter inquiries over a period of just 13 months, averaging more than 14,000 inquiries per day and peaking at 80,000 inquiries in a single day on Election Day.
- The campaign deployed the Service Cloud to manage millions of incoming pieces of correspondence via email and the Web that were then classified, tagged and organized according to the interests, needs, or requests of the correspondents, who contacted the campaign about polling locations, the President's policy positions, donations, and hundreds of other topics.
- Hundreds of volunteers were given access to the app via the Salesforce Platform's field-level security, where they reviewed each inquiry and tagged those requiring resolution.
- Stories about how the President's policies had personally affected constituents were submitted into Salesforce. Automated workflow allowed staff to nominate promising stories for further promotion. One story submitted online was highlighted in President Obama's speech at the Democratic National Convention.
- Contact Center: The Obama campaign selected the Service Cloud to power its contact center because it needed to move with tremendous speed, getting hundreds of volunteers instantly ramped up as the campaign's primary contact center agents. Volunteers from around the country logged into the Service Cloud and, using VoIP technology, became instant contact center agents able to respond to millions of voters from across the country. Deploying the Service Cloud's visual workflow and call scripting features, the Obama campaign enabled its volunteers to resolve inquiries quickly.
- State Campaigns Budget Management: Distributing scarce resources among the 50 states is critical in any campaign. A custom app built on the Salesforce Platform tracked "committed" and "actual" budget data from the states in real time, allowing state directors to maximize resources coming from the campaign and powering dashboards at campaign headquarters that allowed the finance team to make more strategic spending decisions. All of the collaboration in this app was powered by Salesforce Chatter, the #1 enterprise social network and the standard for how businesses and organizations collaborate. Chatter's social networking features such as profiles, real-time feeds and trending topics combined with the information and processes in Salesforce helped the Obama campaign collaborate around information in the budgeting app and make vital decisions more quickly.
- Surrogate Engagement and Event Management: Among the more difficult tasks for a presidential campaign is managing speaking requests and tracking appearances of thousands of individuals who serve as official campaign surrogates. More than 4,000 individuals requested to speak on behalf of the President's campaign during the 2012 election and the list included everyone from grassroots Democratic Party activists to some of America's most well-known celebrities from business, entertainment and politics. To successfully manage this daunting task, the Obama campaign developed another custom app on the Salesforce Platform. Using custom objects, the campaign designed an app that managed the vetting process for thousands of potential surrogates and tracked their appearances and created itineraries for more than 7,000 events across the country.
Businesses and Government Agencies Trust Salesforce to Build Their Social Front Office
More than 100,000 companies and government agencies including Burberry, GE Capital and the Texas Department of Information Resources have successfully deployed Salesforce technologies to connect with their customers, constituents, partners and employees in entirely new ways. This success extends to the public sector, where leading innovators across the U.S. federal government, as well as state and local governments in more than 90 percent of states, are using salesforce.com to transform government for the social era.
A worldwide social revolution is taking place today. There are more than 4.5 billion social network users across the globe, and they are having more than 150 million conversations every day on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and more. But the social revolution is no longer just a consumer movement, it is creating a customer revolution for every business and government agnecy. Salesforce.com's transformational cloud, social and mobile technologies are enabling businesses and government agencies to build their complete social front office. With six product lines -- Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Salesforce Chatter, Work.com, and the Salesforce Platform -- salesforce.com customers have the tools to unlock greater levels of productivity and growth between themselves and their customers and constituents.
If you'd like to tweet about the Obama campaign's winning success with Salesforce, here is a suggested tweet to send to your followers:
- Click to Tweet: How did @BarackObama's tech dream team power key functions of the winning 2012 campaign? With @Salesforce. More: http://bit.ly/VD5W2b
- Like salesforce.com on Facebook:http://facebook.com/salesforce
- Check out salesforce.com's blog post about Obama for America's success with Salesforce: http://blogs.salesforce.com/company/2012/12/campaigning-in-the-cloud.html
- View demos of Salesforce and more at http://youtube.com/salesforce
Founded in 1999, salesforce.com is the enterprisecloud computing leader. Using salesforce.com's social and mobile cloud technologies, companies can connect with customers, partners and employees in entirely new ways. Based on salesforce.com's real-time, multitenant architecture, the company's platform and apps give customers the tools to create a social front office and revolutionize the way they sell, service, market, collaborate, work and innovate.
- Grow your business with the world's #1 sales app,Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Deliver amazing customer service with the award-winningSalesforce Service Cloud
- Listen, engage, advertise, and measure social media marketing with theSalesforce Marketing Cloud
- Achieve breakthrough collaboration and productivity withSalesforce Chatter
- Align, motivate and drive performance withSalesforce Work.com
- Build social and mobile cloud apps on theSalesforce Platform and extend success with the world's leading enterprise app marketplace, theAppExchange
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visithttp://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
The essence of data analysis involves setting up data pipelines that consist of several operations that are chained together – starting from data collection, data quality checks, data integration, data analysis and data visualization (including the setting up of interaction paths in that visualization). In our opinion, the challenges stem from the technology diversity at each stage of the data pipeline as well as the lack of process around the analysis.
May. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,194
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discuss how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. We'll cite examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He'll also highlight how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable...
May. 25, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,531
As machines are increasingly connected to the internet, it’s becoming easier to discover the numerous ways Industrial IoT (IIoT) is helping to shape the business world. This is exactly why we have decided to take a closer look at this pervasive movement and to examine the desire to connect more things! Now if you need a refresher on IIoT and how it is changing the world, take a moment and listen to Greg Gorbach with ARC Advisory Group. Gorbach believes, "IIoT will significantly change the worl...
May. 25, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,824
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
May. 25, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,871
Enterprise networks are complex. Moreover, they were designed and deployed to meet a specific set of business requirements at a specific point in time. But, the adoption of cloud services, new business applications and intensifying security policies, among other factors, require IT organizations to continuously deploy configuration changes. Therefore, enterprises are looking for better ways to automate the management of their networks while still leveraging existing capabilities, optimizing perf...
May. 25, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,050
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit y...
May. 25, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,884
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device. For more information, please visit https://www.mangoapps.com/.
May. 25, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 458
Many banks and financial institutions are experimenting with containers in development environments, but when will they move into production? Containers are seen as the key to achieving the ultimate in information technology flexibility and agility. Containers work on both public and private clouds, and make it easy to build and deploy applications. The challenge for regulated industries is the cost and complexity of container security compliance. VM security compliance is already challenging, ...
May. 25, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,058
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
May. 25, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,721
SYS-CON Events announced today that ContentMX, the marketing technology and services company with a singular mission to increase engagement and drive more conversations for enterprise, channel and SMB technology marketers, has been named “Sponsor & Exhibitor Lounge Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. “CloudExpo is a great opportunity to start a conversation with new prospects, but what happens after the...
May. 25, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 872
Designing IoT applications is complex, but deploying them in a scalable fashion is even more complex. A scalable, API first IaaS cloud is a good start, but in order to understand the various components specific to deploying IoT applications, one needs to understand the architecture of these applications and figure out how to scale these components independently. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Nara Rajagopalan is CEO of Accelerite, will discuss the fundamental architecture of IoT applications, ...
May. 25, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 946
In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects). Bruce Swann has more than 15 years of experience working with digital marketing disciplines like web analytics, social med...
May. 25, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,193
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu, a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to foc...
May. 25, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,121
Customer experience has become a competitive differentiator for companies, and it’s imperative that brands seamlessly connect the customer journey across all platforms. With the continued explosion of IoT, join us for a look at how to build a winning digital foundation in the connected era – today and in the future. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Nguyen, Group Product Marketing Manager at Adobe, will discuss how to successfully leverage mobile, rapidly deploy content, capture real-time d...
May. 25, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,439
IoT generates lots of temporal data. But how do you unlock its value? How do you coordinate the diverse moving parts that must come together when developing your IoT product? What are the key challenges addressed by Data as a Service? How does cloud computing underlie and connect the notions of Digital and DevOps What is the impact of the API economy? What is the business imperative for Cognitive Computing? Get all these questions and hundreds more like them answered at the 18th Cloud Expo...
May. 25, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,130
As cloud and storage projections continue to rise, the number of organizations moving to the cloud is escalating and it is clear cloud storage is here to stay. However, is it secure? Data is the lifeblood for government entities, countries, cloud service providers and enterprises alike and losing or exposing that data can have disastrous results. There are new concepts for data storage on the horizon that will deliver secure solutions for storing and moving sensitive data around the world. ...
May. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,143
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, will explore the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences betwee...
May. 25, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,520
What a difference a year makes. Organizations aren’t just talking about IoT possibilities, it is now baked into their core business strategy. With IoT, billions of devices generating data from different companies on different networks around the globe need to interact. From efficiency to better customer insights to completely new business models, IoT will turn traditional business models upside down. In the new customer-centric age, the key to success is delivering critical services and apps wit...
May. 25, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 961
Cloud-based NCLC (No-code/low code) application builder platforms empower everyone in the organization to quickly build applications and executable processes that broaden access, deepen collaboration, and enhance transparency for all team members. Line of business owners (LOBO) and operations managers know best their part of the business and their processes. IT departments are beginning to leverage NCLC platforms to empower and enable LOBOs to lead the innovation, transform the organization, an...
May. 25, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,675
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City, and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world.
May. 25, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,293