|By PR Newswire||
|December 10, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
SAN MATEO, Calif., Dec. 10, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Today Lattice Engines and an esteemed group of more than 20 Big Data, sales and marketing leaders announced their predictions for what's to come in 2013. The predictions center on the arrival of Big Data to sales and marketing organizations and its projected impact.
"Sales and marketing is the next frontier for Big Data," said Shashi Upadhyay, CEO of Lattice. "The last generation of cloud-based sales and marketing technology delivered massive improvements, but was designed in a world of data scarcity. Today's data-intensive world offers every business the opportunity to translate Big Data into big sales."
Lattice Predictions for 2013
- Big Data injects information science into relationship selling. While many large companies today leverage internal data to aid their selling efforts, in 2013, companies will take it to the next level by combining internal data (e.g. purchase history, customer service data and marketing automation data) with external data (e.g. firmographic data, company growth indicators and third party data sources such as Lexis Nexis) to make stronger predictions about which customers and prospects are most likely to buy.
- Sales and marketing professionals learn to trust predictions made by Big Data. Most organizations will start small by experimenting with new products or prospecting for new customers, but over time, they will gain the confidence to run a large part of their marketing and sales efforts informed by machine-driven predictions.
- Big Data dramatically increases the value of CRM technology. Companies using Big Data technology will increase adoption of their CRM systems by transforming them to actually help sales teams sell more as opposed to primarily being used as a tool for management. Analytics identify each sales rep's most receptive customers/prospects, recommend what to sell them and prompt them on what to say.
Industry Leader Predictions for 2013
Following is a sampling of more than 20 different predictions from Big Data, sales and marketing leaders featured in this new ebook from Lattice.
- Greg Alexander, CEO of Sales Benchmark Index: Sales rep prospecting will be a top challenge. In 2012, companies over rotated towards lead generation being the exclusive responsibility of the marketing department. Sales has to generate their fair share of the leads. These muscles have not been used for a while and reps currently are not very good at generating their own leads. Sales departments got caught up in the hype cycle of marketing automation.
- Dave Brock, president at Partners in EXCELLENCE: High performance sales hone in on prospects. In 2013, high performance sales organizations will provide their sales people with "intelligent leads." Today, these companies are leveraging marketing automation systems, lead nurturing, lead scoring and other techniques to provide high sales accepted leads. By incorporating rich analytics, these organizations will make quantum leaps in lead quality/conversions.
- Brad Feld, a managing director at Foundry Group: Big Data is miniscule. Twenty years from now, the thing we call Big Data will be tiny data. It will be microscopic data. The volume that we're talking about today is a speck. The key for 2013 with Big Data is to figure out how you can make a difference. Don't let marketing noise obscure what's real and what isn't.
- Heidi Melin, CMO Eloqua: Companies will continue to seek a deeper understanding of buyers and the foundation for achieving this will be Big Data. Marketers will leverage their ecosystem of technology and the insight it provides to further understand their buyers' 'digital body language.' The explosion of available data, beyond demographics, that captures a prospect's online behavior will help organizations move potential customers through the buying stages by delivering the right information at the right time in their journey from awareness to consideration to ultimately, purchase. If marketers can take advantage of Big Data, companies will benefit from the insights necessary to drive revenue.
- Anneke Seley, CEO and founder of Reality Works Group: Without the sales insights made possible by Big Data, sales teams will waste a lot of time and alienate a large number of buyers who aren't ready to buy or will never buy. Forward-thinking "Sales 2.0" companies have recognized that selling strategies informed by data and enabled by technology lead to measurably better business results and happier customers. Big Data and analytics have already contributed to major advances across industries and functions and it's time for sales to reap these rewards as well.
More 2013 predictions from thought leaders across the industry are available in this new ebook.
About Lattice Engines
Lattice is revolutionizing sales and marketing through the power of Big Data. The company's Big Data for Sales platform, salesPRISM, delivers real-time, predictive and actionable insight to sales and marketing professionals wherever they are so they can engage the most receptive customers in the most compelling ways. Fortune 5000 companies such as ADP, Dell, EMC and SunTrust rely on Lattice to generate 75 percent more pipeline, triple conversion rates, and double win rates. Lattice is privately held and backed by NEA and Sequoia Capital with headquarters in San Mateo, CA. Learn more at www.lattice-engines.com and follow @Lattice_Engines.
SOURCE Lattice Engines
Struggling to keep up with increasing application demand? Learn how Platform as a Service (PaaS) can streamline application development processes and make resource management easy.
May. 2, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,130
If there is anything we have learned by now, is that every business paves their own unique path for releasing software- every pipeline, implementation and practices are a bit different, and DevOps comes in all shapes and sizes. Software delivery practices are often comprised of set of several complementing (or even competing) methodologies – such as leveraging Agile, DevOps and even a mix of ITIL, to create the combination that’s most suitable for your organization and that maximize your busines...
May. 2, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,871
SYS-CON Events announced today that Peak 10, Inc., a national IT infrastructure and cloud services provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Peak 10 provides reliable, tailored data center and network services, cloud and managed services. Its solutions are designed to scale and adapt to customers’ changing business needs, enabling them to lower costs, improve performance and focus inter...
May. 2, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,285
You think you know what’s in your data. But do you? Most organizations are now aware of the business intelligence represented by their data. Data science stands to take this to a level you never thought of – literally. The techniques of data science, when used with the capabilities of Big Data technologies, can make connections you had not yet imagined, helping you discover new insights and ask new questions of your data. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Sarbjit Sarkaria, data science team lead ...
May. 2, 2016 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 962
Up until last year, enterprises that were looking into cloud services usually undertook a long-term pilot with one of the large cloud providers, running test and dev workloads in the cloud. With cloud’s transition to mainstream adoption in 2015, and with enterprises migrating more and more workloads into the cloud and in between public and private environments, the single-provider approach must be revisited. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Yoav Mor, multi-cloud solution evangelist at Cloudy...
May. 2, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,557
Artificial Intelligence has the potential to massively disrupt IoT. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, AJ Abdallat, CEO of Beyond AI, will discuss what the five main drivers are in Artificial Intelligence that could shape the future of the Internet of Things. AJ Abdallat is CEO of Beyond AI. He has over 20 years of management experience in the fields of artificial intelligence, sensors, instruments, devices and software for telecommunications, life sciences, environmental monitoring, process...
May. 2, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 979
Increasing IoT connectivity is forcing enterprises to find elegant solutions to organize and visualize all incoming data from these connected devices with re-configurable dashboard widgets to effectively allow rapid decision-making for everything from immediate actions in tactical situations to strategic analysis and reporting. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Shikhir Singh, Senior Developer Relations Manager at Sencha, will discuss how to create HTML5 dashboards that interact with IoT devic...
May. 2, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,089
See storage differently! Storage performance problems have only gotten worse and harder to solve as applications have become largely virtualized and moved to a cloud-based infrastructure. Storage performance in a virtualized environment is not just about IOPS, it is about how well that potential performance is guaranteed to individual VMs for these apps as the number of VMs keep going up real time. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in product and marketing at Tintri, will discu...
May. 2, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 896
So, you bought into the current machine learning craze and went on to collect millions/billions of records from this promising new data source. Now, what do you do with them? Too often, the abundance of data quickly turns into an abundance of problems. How do you extract that "magic essence" from your data without falling into the common pitfalls? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Natalia Ponomareva, Software Engineer at Google, will provide tips on how to be successful in large scale machine lear...
May. 2, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,336
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftLayer, an IBM Company, has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. SoftLayer, an IBM Company, provides cloud infrastructure as a service from a growing number of data centers and network points of presence around the world. SoftLayer’s customers range from Web startups to global enterprises.
May. 2, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,058
The IoTs will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and share the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the development proc...
May. 2, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 336
SYS-CON Events announced today that Ericsson has been named “Gold Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York, New York. Ericsson is a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – providing equipment, software and services to enable transformation through mobility. Some 40 percent of global mobile traffic runs through networks we have supplied. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world re...
May. 2, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,078
You deployed your app with the Bluemix PaaS and it's gaining some serious traction, so it's time to make some tweaks. Did you design your application in a way that it can scale in the cloud? Were you even thinking about the cloud when you built the app? If not, chances are your app is going to break. Check out this webcast to learn various techniques for designing applications that will scale successfully in Bluemix, for the confidence you need to take your apps to the next level and beyond.
May. 2, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,548
There is an ever-growing explosion of new devices that are connected to the Internet using “cloud” solutions. This rapid growth is creating a massive new demand for efficient access to data. And it’s not just about connecting to that data anymore. This new demand is bringing new issues and challenges and it is important for companies to scale for the coming growth. And with that scaling comes the need for greater security, gathering and data analysis, storage, connectivity and, of course, the...
May. 2, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 954
Peak 10, Inc., has announced the implementation of IT service management, a business process alignment initiative based on the widely adopted Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework. The implementation of IT service management enhances Peak 10’s current service-minded approach to IT delivery by propelling the company to deliver higher levels of personalized and prompt service. The majority of Peak 10’s operations employees have been trained and certified in the ITIL frame...
May. 2, 2016 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,031
SYS-CON Events announced today that Fusion, a leading provider of cloud services, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Fusion, a leading provider of integrated cloud solutions to small, medium and large businesses, is the industry's single source for the cloud. Fusion's advanced, proprietary cloud service platform enables the integration of leading edge solutions in the cloud, including cloud...
May. 2, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,630
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu, a leading provider of cloud hosting solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to foc...
May. 2, 2016 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,084
SYS-CON Events announced today that DatacenterDynamics has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. DatacenterDynamics is a brand of DCD Group, a global B2B media and publishing company that develops products to help senior professionals in the world's most ICT dependent organizations make risk-based infrastructure and capacity decisions.
May. 2, 2016 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,542
Between the mockups and specs produced by analysts, and resulting applications built by developers, there exists a gulf where projects fail, costs spiral, and applications disappoint. Methodologies like Agile attempt to address this with intensified communication, with partial success but many limitations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Charles Kendrick, CTO & Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, will present a revolutionary model enabled by new technologies. Learn how business and devel...
May. 2, 2016 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,776
The IoT has the potential to create a renaissance of manufacturing in the US and elsewhere. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Florent Solt, CTO and chief architect of Netvibes, will discuss how the expected exponential increase in the amount of data that will be processed, transported, stored, and accessed means there will be a huge demand for smart technologies to deliver it. Florent Solt is the CTO and chief architect of Netvibes. Prior to joining Netvibes in 2007, he co-founded Rift Technol...
May. 1, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,623