|By Marketwired .||
|December 13, 2012 08:03 AM EST||
BURLINGTON, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 12/13/12 -- TIE Kinetix®, a software solutions company that facilitates every step of the e-commerce lifecycle, predicts that enterprise technology such as content syndication will level the playing field for SMBs in 2013. The shift to cloud and SaaS-based solutions will make it possible for SMBs to market content more effectively, affordably and compete with bigger players. TIE Kinetix's 2013 outlook forecasts that while selling through partners will continue to be a major growth strategy for organizations, without the right tools, they will still struggle to maximize the full potential of the channel.
TIE Kinetix's Predictions for 2013:
1. Uptick in SaaS/cloud adoption will give SMBs a bigger piece of the pie - Larger, formidable enterprises will need to watch SMBs as they make the shift to cloud/SaaS and harness the power of enterprise technology that was not previously affordable. With the same tools as large enterprises, SMBs will be able to market smarter and broader, reaching new customers across the channel.
2. The end of brand fragmentation - A critical focus for marketers will be to stop the brand fragmentation that comes through the indirect channel and with multi channel and multi device touch points for customers. To provide a seamless user and brand experience, organizations will look to enterprise software that can streamline marketing content and provide a 360-degree view of the purchase lifecycle.
3. Content marketing expands footprint with mobile and social - In an effort to create a single, unified customer experience across the indirect channel, organizations will seek to better control their marketing content through global syndication. Content marketing will get its fair share of the marketing budget as organizations leverage mobile platforms to deliver location-based content to handheld devices.
4. Social media marketing refined - Marketers often embrace new tools enthusiastically at first without fully understanding customer preferences. Growing evidence suggests consumers don't enjoy direct marketing efforts via Facebook but instead prefer more conversational interactions. In 2013 marketers will take a more cautious and educated approach to make sure they are more aligned with customer expectations when it comes to interacting on social media. Social media will continue to play an important role in the marketing mix as long as the right channels are used for the right communications.
5. CMOs tackle tech decisions - Historically, IT has driven integration and e-commerce decisions and has done so from a cost efficiency perspective. In 2013, a paradigm shift will occur whereby more power to source and choose will move to CMOs as they are charged to leverage technology and SaaS-based solutions to reach more people faster. CMOs will look to increase speed to market through technology that can push out timely pricing and product info across all channels and the ones who can do this effectively will own the market. IT's role will be to support these efforts and play a true part in driving revenue.
6. Online retailers seek security and protection support - Regulatory changes for security standards in online and mobile technology will plague retailers in the coming year. TIE Kinetix expects that with the increased data breaches and more poorly encrypted data out there, online retailers will struggle to find the optimal way to protect customers and their brands. By choosing SaaS-based solutions from vendors with a proven track record in security, businesses will be able to bring the focus back to selling, with confidence that compliance and advanced security certification management are in safe hands.
"In 2013 we fully expect more channel challenges and confusion as organizations struggle to understand how to market through partnerships, while minimizing brand fragmentation. Successful organizations will deploy enterprise technology to gain a single view across channels and present a unified brand and shopping experience to customers. Coordinated marketing efforts and content can increase conversion rates that go beyond the 'buy button.'" - Brian Tervo, COO, TIE Kinetix.
About TIE Kinetix
TIE Kinetix (NYSE Euronext: TIE Holding) transforms the digital supply chain by providing Total Integrated E-commerce solutions. These solutions maximize revenue opportunities by minimizing the energy required to market, sell, deliver, and analyze online. Customers and partners of TIE Kinetix constantly benefit from innovative, field-tested, state-of-the-art technologies, which are backed by over 25 years of experience and prestigious awards. TIE Kinetix makes technology to perform, such that customers and partners can focus on their core business. For more information visit www.tiekinetix.com.
Follow TIE Kinetix on Twitter: @tiekinetix
Mobile, social, Big Data, and cloud have fundamentally changed the way we live. “Anytime, anywhere” access to data and information is no longer a luxury; it’s a requirement, in both our personal and professional lives. For IT organizations, this means pressure has never been greater to deliver meaningful services to the business and customers.
Sep. 2, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 805
Red Hat is investing in Tesora, the number one contributor to OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) also ranked among the top 20 companies contributing to OpenStack overall. Tesora, the company bringing OpenStack Trove Database as a Service (DBaaS) to the enterprise, has announced that Red Hat and others have invested in the company as a part of Tesora's latest funding round. The funding agreement expands on the ongoing collaboration between Tesora and Red Hat, which dates back to Febr...
Sep. 2, 2015 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 399
API-Driven Digital Healthcare Solution By @AkanaInc | @DevOpsSummit #API #IoT #DevOps #Microservices
Akana has announced the availability of the new Akana Healthcare Solution. The API-driven solution helps healthcare organizations accelerate their transition to being secure, digitally interoperable businesses. It leverages the Health Level Seven International Fast Healthcare Interoperability Resources (HL7 FHIR) standard to enable broader business use of medical data. Akana developed the Healthcare Solution in response to healthcare businesses that want to increase electronic, multi-device acce...
Sep. 2, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 245
Any Ops team trying to support a company in today’s cloud-connected world knows that a new way of thinking is required – one just as dramatic than the shift from Ops to DevOps. The diversity of modern operations requires teams to focus their impact on breadth vs. depth. In his session at DevOps Summit, Adam Serediuk, Director of Operations at xMatters, Inc., will discuss the strategic requirements of evolving from Ops to DevOps, and why modern Operations has begun leveraging the “NoOps” approa...
Sep. 2, 2015 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 426
SYS-CON Events announced today that the "Second Containers & Microservices Expo" will take place November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities.
Sep. 2, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 607
SYS-CON Events announced today that G2G3 will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based on a collective appreciation for user experience, design, and technology, G2G3 is uniquely qualified and motivated to redefine how organizations and people engage in an increasingly digital world.
Sep. 2, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 522
SYS-CON Events announced today that DataClear Inc. will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The DataClear ‘BlackBox’ is the only solution that moves your PC, browsing and data out of the United States and away from prying (and spying) eyes. Its solution automatically builds you a clean, on-demand, virus free, new virtual cloud based PC outside of the United States, and wipes it clean...
Sep. 2, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 452
Through WebRTC, audio and video communications are being embedded more easily than ever into applications, helping carriers, enterprises and independent software vendors deliver greater functionality to their end users. With today’s business world increasingly focused on outcomes, users’ growing calls for ease of use, and businesses craving smarter, tighter integration, what’s the next step in delivering a richer, more immersive experience? That richer, more fully integrated experience comes ab...
Sep. 2, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 698
In their Live Hack” presentation at 17th Cloud Expo, Stephen Coty and Paul Fletcher, Chief Security Evangelists at Alert Logic, will provide the audience with a chance to see a live demonstration of the common tools cyber attackers use to attack cloud and traditional IT systems. This “Live Hack” uses open source attack tools that are free and available for download by anybody. Attendees will learn where to find and how to operate these tools for the purpose of testing their own IT infrastructu...
Sep. 2, 2015 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 484
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome,” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Sep. 1, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 400
IBM’s Blue Box Cloud, powered by OpenStack, is now available in any of IBM’s globally integrated cloud data centers running SoftLayer infrastructure. Less than 90 days after its acquisition of Blue Box, IBM has integrated its Blue Box Cloud Dedicated private-cloud-as-a-service into its broader portfolio of OpenStack® based solutions. The announcement, made today at the OpenStack Silicon Valley event, further highlights IBM’s continued support to deliver OpenStack solutions across all cloud depl...
Sep. 1, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 277
WSM International, the pioneer and leader in server migration services, has announced an agreement with WHOA.com, a leader in providing secure public, private and hybrid cloud computing services. Under terms of the agreement, WSM will provide migration services to WHOA.com customers to relocate some or all of their applications, digital assets, and other computing workloads to WHOA.com enterprise-class, secure cloud infrastructure. The migration services include detailed evaluation and planning...
Sep. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 201
Cloud and datacenter migration innovator AppZero has joined the Microsoft Enterprise Cloud Alliance Program. AppZero is a fast, flexible way to move Windows Server applications from any source machine – physical or virtual – to any destination server, in any cloud or datacenter, using its patented container technology. AppZero’s container is also called a Virtual Application Appliance (VAA). To facilitate Microsoft Azure onboarding, AppZero has two purpose-built offerings: AppZero SP for Azure,...
Sep. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 218
SYS-CON Events announced today that IceWarp will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. IceWarp, the leader of cloud and on-premise messaging, delivers secured email, chat, documents, conferencing and collaboration to today's mobile workforce, all in one unified interface
Sep. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 448
In 2014, the market witnessed a massive migration to the cloud as enterprises finally overcame their fears of the cloud’s viability, security, etc. Over the past 18 months, AWS, Google and Microsoft have waged an ongoing battle through a wave of price cuts and new features. For IT executives, sorting through all the noise to make the best cloud investment decisions has become daunting. Enterprises can and are moving away from a "one size fits all" cloud approach. The new competitive field has ...
Sep. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lee Williams, a producer of the first smartphones and tablets, will talk about how he is now applying his experience in mobile technology to the design and development of the next generation of Environmental and Sustainability Services at ETwater. He will explain how M2M controllers work through wirelessly connected remote controls; and specifically delve into a retrofit option that reverse-engineers control codes of existing conventional controller systems so the...
Sep. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 180
With the proliferation of connected devices underpinning new Internet of Things systems, Brandon Schulz, Director of Luxoft IoT – Retail, will be looking at the transformation of the retail customer experience in brick and mortar stores in his session at @ThingsExpo. Questions he will address include: Will beacons drop to the wayside like QR codes, or be a proximity-based profit driver? How will the customer experience change in stores of all types when everything can be instrumented and a...
Sep. 1, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 485
Enterprises can achieve rigorous IT security as well as improved DevOps practices and Cloud economics by taking a new, cloud-native approach to application delivery. Because the attack surface for cloud applications is dramatically different than for highly controlled data centers, a disciplined and multi-layered approach that spans all of your processes, staff, vendors and technologies is required. This may sound expensive and time consuming to achieve as you plan how to move selected applicati...
Sep. 1, 2015 12:30 PM EDT
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sep. 1, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 926
This Enterprise Strategy Group lab validation report of the NEC Express5800/R320 server with Intel® Xeon® processor presents the benefits of 99.999% uptime NEC fault-tolerant servers that lower overall virtualized server total cost of ownership. This report also includes survey data on the significant costs associated with system outages impacting enterprise and web applications. Click Here to Download Report Now!
Sep. 1, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 267