|By Marketwired .||
|January 9, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/09/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- For the sixth consecutive year, Gartner, Inc. has named Oracle as a Leader in its "Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer Data Solutions." (1)
- Gartner's Magic Quadrant reports position vendors within a particular quadrant based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute.
- According to Gartner, "Vendors in the Leaders quadrant have strong results and delivery capabilities, and will continue to have them. They typically possess a large, satisfied customer base (relative to the size of the market) and enjoy high visibility in the market. The size and financial strength of the Leaders enable them to remain viable in a challenging economy. Leaders have mature offerings and track records of successful deployments, even in the most-challenging environments, across all geographies and in many vertical industries. Leaders have the strategic vision to address evolving client requirements; however, they're not always the best choice."
- "Master Data Management (MDM) is a technology-enabled discipline in which business and IT work together to ensure the uniformity, accuracy, stewardship, semantic consistency and accountability of the enterprise's official, shared master data assets. Master data is the consistent and uniform set of identifiers and extended attributes that describes the core entities of the enterprise, such as customers, prospects, citizens, suppliers, sites, hierarchies, and chart of accounts," according to Gartner.
- In relation to customer master data, Gartner explained, "The ability to create, maintain and leverage a single, trusted, shareable version of customer master data is increasingly seen as an essential requirement in commercial and noncommercial organizations to support business processes and business decision making."
- By enabling organizations to centralize customer information from heterogeneous systems, Oracle Customer Hub creates a single view of customer information that can be leveraged and shared across functional departments in the enterprise, as well as externally with trading partners.
- The Oracle Customer Hub leverages Oracle Enterprise Data Quality to arm organizations with high quality, trusted data for any enterprise application that drives better business decision-making and enables companies to target products, services, sales and marketing efforts with greater accuracy.
- Oracle Customer Hub is part of Oracle Master Data Management that also includes Oracle Product Hub, Oracle Supplier Hub, Oracle Site Hub, Oracle Data Relationship Management, Oracle Enterprise Data Quality and their vertical variants. It is the most complete, best-in-class, MDM offering on the market, and helps customers consolidate and maintain complete, accurate, and authoritative master data across the entire enterprise.
- "The ability to create a single view of the customer is extremely valuable to organizations as it helps them to understand and enhance the customer experience, improve the bottom line, and increase efficiency across the enterprise," said Melissa Boxer, vice president, Customer Hub Product Strategy, Oracle. "We believe Oracle's position in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer Data Solutions is a testament to our commitment to providing best-in-class functionality across the industry's most complete MDM portfolio. By gaining a singular view of information across all organizational departments and analytical systems and augmenting it with social intelligence, our customers have an improved customer experience management solution and can make better decisions about their business."
- Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer Data Solutions
- Oracle Master Data Management
- Connect with the Oracle Master Data Management online community: MDM Blog
(1) Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer Data Solutions," by John Radcliffe and Bill O'Kane, October 18, 2012
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
In the midst of the widespread popularity and adoption of cloud computing, it seems like everything is being offered “as a Service” these days: Infrastructure? Check. Platform? You bet. Software? Absolutely. Toaster? It’s only a matter of time. With service providers positioning vastly differing offerings under a generic “cloud” umbrella, it’s all too easy to get confused about what’s actually being offered. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Kevin Hazard, Director of Digital Content for SoftL...
Jun. 30, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,039
Agile, which started in the development organization, has gradually expanded into other areas downstream - namely IT and Operations. Teams – then teams of teams – have streamlined processes, improved feedback loops and driven a much faster pace into IT departments which have had profound effects on the entire organization. In his session at DevOps Summit, Anders Wallgren, Chief Technology Officer of Electric Cloud, will discuss how DevOps and Continuous Delivery have emerged to help connect dev...
Jun. 30, 2015 04:39 PM EDT Reads: 366
Today air travel is a minefield of delays, hassles and customer disappointment. Airlines struggle to revitalize the experience. GE and M2Mi will demonstrate practical examples of how IoT solutions are helping airlines bring back personalization, reduce trip time and improve reliability. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Dr. Sarah Cooper, M2Mi’s VP Business Development and Engineering, will explore the IoT cloud-based platform technologies drivi...
Jun. 30, 2015 04:21 PM EDT Reads: 366
It is one thing to build single industrial IoT applications, but what will it take to build the Smart Cities and truly society-changing applications of the future? The technology won’t be the problem, it will be the number of parties that need to work together and be aligned in their motivation to succeed. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Jason Mondanaro, Director, Product Management at Metanga, discussed how you can plan to cooperate, partner, and form lasting all-star teams to change the world...
Jun. 30, 2015 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,117
Internet of Things is moving from being a hype to a reality. Experts estimate that internet connected cars will grow to 152 million, while over 100 million internet connected wireless light bulbs and lamps will be operational by 2020. These and many other intriguing statistics highlight the importance of Internet powered devices and how market penetration is going to multiply many times over in the next few years.
Jun. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,952
Internet of Things (IoT) will be a hybrid ecosystem of diverse devices and sensors collaborating with operational and enterprise systems to create the next big application. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Bramh Gupta, founder and CEO of robomq.io, and Fred Yatzeck, principal architect leading product development at robomq.io, discussed how choosing the right middleware and integration strategy from the get-go will enable IoT solution developers to adapt and grow with the industry, while at th...
Jun. 30, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,833
Containers have changed the mind of IT in DevOps. They enable developers to work with dev, test, stage and production environments identically. Containers provide the right abstraction for microservices and many cloud platforms have integrated them into deployment pipelines. DevOps and Containers together help companies to achieve their business goals faster and more effectively. In his session at DevOps Summit, Ruslan Synytsky, CEO and Co-founder of Jelastic, reviewed the current landscape of...
Jun. 30, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,074
Malicious agents are moving faster than the speed of business. Even more worrisome, most companies are relying on legacy approaches to security that are no longer capable of meeting current threats. In the modern cloud, threat diversity is rapidly expanding, necessitating more sophisticated security protocols than those used in the past or in desktop environments. Yet companies are falling for cloud security myths that were truths at one time but have evolved out of existence.
Jun. 30, 2015 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,024
The time is ripe for high speed resilient software defined storage solutions with unlimited scalability. ISS has been working with the leading open source projects and developed a commercial high performance solution that is able to grow forever without performance limitations. In his session at Cloud Expo, Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services Inc., shared foundation principles of Ceph architecture, as well as the design to deliver this storage to traditional SAN storage co...
Jun. 30, 2015 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,864
"We provide a web application framework for building really sophisticated web applications that run on a browser without any installation need so we get used for biotech, defense, and banking applications," noted Charles Kendrick, CTO and Chief Architect at Isomorphic Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit (http://DevOpsSummit.SYS-CON.com), held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York
Jun. 30, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 814
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of pro...
Jun. 30, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 854
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jun. 30, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 838
SYS-CON Events announced today that JFrog, maker of Artifactory, the popular Binary Repository Manager, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit Silicon Valley, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Based in California, Israel and France, founded by longtime field-experts, JFrog, creator of Artifactory and Bintray, has provided the market with the first Binary Repository solution and a software distribution social platform.
Jun. 30, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 769
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jun. 30, 2015 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 746
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect t...
Jun. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,024
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Jun. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,380
One of the hottest areas in cloud right now is DRaaS and related offerings. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Dale Levesque, Disaster Recovery Product Manager with Windstream's Cloud and Data Center Marketing team, will discuss the benefits of the cloud model, which far outweigh the traditional approach, and how enterprises need to ensure that their needs are properly being met.
Jun. 30, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,960
Public Cloud IaaS started its life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in adop...
Jun. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,300
SYS-CON Events announced today that BMC will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. BMC delivers software solutions that help IT transform digital enterprises for the ultimate competitive business advantage. BMC has worked with thousands of leading companies to create and deliver powerful IT management services. From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC pairs high-speed digital innovation with robust...
Jun. 29, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,617
Even as cloud and managed services grow increasingly central to business strategy and performance, challenges remain. The biggest sticking point for companies seeking to capitalize on the cloud is data security. Keeping data safe is an issue in any computing environment, and it has been a focus since the earliest days of the cloud revolution. Understandably so: a lot can go wrong when you allow valuable information to live outside the firewall. Recent revelations about government snooping, along...
Jun. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,151