|By Marketwired .||
|January 9, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/09/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- For the sixth consecutive year, Gartner, Inc. has named Oracle as a Leader in its "Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer Data Solutions." (1)
- Gartner's Magic Quadrant reports position vendors within a particular quadrant based on their completeness of vision and ability to execute.
- According to Gartner, "Vendors in the Leaders quadrant have strong results and delivery capabilities, and will continue to have them. They typically possess a large, satisfied customer base (relative to the size of the market) and enjoy high visibility in the market. The size and financial strength of the Leaders enable them to remain viable in a challenging economy. Leaders have mature offerings and track records of successful deployments, even in the most-challenging environments, across all geographies and in many vertical industries. Leaders have the strategic vision to address evolving client requirements; however, they're not always the best choice."
- "Master Data Management (MDM) is a technology-enabled discipline in which business and IT work together to ensure the uniformity, accuracy, stewardship, semantic consistency and accountability of the enterprise's official, shared master data assets. Master data is the consistent and uniform set of identifiers and extended attributes that describes the core entities of the enterprise, such as customers, prospects, citizens, suppliers, sites, hierarchies, and chart of accounts," according to Gartner.
- In relation to customer master data, Gartner explained, "The ability to create, maintain and leverage a single, trusted, shareable version of customer master data is increasingly seen as an essential requirement in commercial and noncommercial organizations to support business processes and business decision making."
- By enabling organizations to centralize customer information from heterogeneous systems, Oracle Customer Hub creates a single view of customer information that can be leveraged and shared across functional departments in the enterprise, as well as externally with trading partners.
- The Oracle Customer Hub leverages Oracle Enterprise Data Quality to arm organizations with high quality, trusted data for any enterprise application that drives better business decision-making and enables companies to target products, services, sales and marketing efforts with greater accuracy.
- Oracle Customer Hub is part of Oracle Master Data Management that also includes Oracle Product Hub, Oracle Supplier Hub, Oracle Site Hub, Oracle Data Relationship Management, Oracle Enterprise Data Quality and their vertical variants. It is the most complete, best-in-class, MDM offering on the market, and helps customers consolidate and maintain complete, accurate, and authoritative master data across the entire enterprise.
- "The ability to create a single view of the customer is extremely valuable to organizations as it helps them to understand and enhance the customer experience, improve the bottom line, and increase efficiency across the enterprise," said Melissa Boxer, vice president, Customer Hub Product Strategy, Oracle. "We believe Oracle's position in the Leaders Quadrant of Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer Data Solutions is a testament to our commitment to providing best-in-class functionality across the industry's most complete MDM portfolio. By gaining a singular view of information across all organizational departments and analytical systems and augmenting it with social intelligence, our customers have an improved customer experience management solution and can make better decisions about their business."
- Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer Data Solutions
- Oracle Master Data Management
- Connect with the Oracle Master Data Management online community: MDM Blog
(1) Gartner, Inc., "Magic Quadrant for Master Data Management of Customer Data Solutions," by John Radcliffe and Bill O'Kane, October 18, 2012
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
So you’ve heard how click-to-call widgets can really enhance a website’s potential for customer interaction and you want to try it out for yourself. Or you’re considering offloading pieces of your VoIP infrastructure, but want to see how that would unfold first. Where can you find this technology, that’s free and available to try out? Spotting the potential in a space where customers can experiment with these types of features, Voxbone is launching The Workshop.
Jun. 29, 2016 09:15 PM EDT Reads: 343
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Jun. 29, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 439
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Jun. 29, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 449
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 29, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 362
The cloud market growth today is largely in public clouds. While there is a lot of spend in IT departments in virtualization, these aren’t yet translating into a true “cloud” experience within the enterprise. What is stopping the growth of the “private cloud” market? In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Nara Rajagopalan, CEO of Accelerite, explored the challenges in deploying, managing, and getting adoption for a private cloud within an enterprise. What are the key differences between wh...
Jun. 29, 2016 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,035
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, discussed how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He also discussed how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors ...
Jun. 29, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,138
"We work in the area of Big Data analytics and Big Data analytics is a very crowded space - you have Hadoop, ETL, warehousing, visualization and there's a lot of effort trying to get these tools to talk to each other," explained Mukund Deshpande, head of the Analytics practice at Accelerite, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 417
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jun. 29, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 435
The idea of comparing data in motion (at the sensor level) to data at rest (in a Big Data server warehouse) with predictive analytics in the cloud is very appealing to the industrial IoT sector. The problem Big Data vendors have, however, is access to that data in motion at the sensor location. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Scott Allen, CMO of FreeWave, discussed how as IoT is increasingly adopted by industrial markets, there is going to be an increased demand for sensor data from the outermos...
Jun. 29, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 367
The initial debate is over: Any enterprise with a serious commitment to IT is migrating to the cloud. But things are not so simple. There is a complex mix of on-premises, colocated, and public-cloud deployments. In this power panel at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Partnerships at Commvault; Dave Landa, Chief Operating Officer at kintone; William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interou...
Jun. 29, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,040
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 6thInternet of @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jun. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 367
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
Jun. 29, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 613
Dialogic has announced that ZVRS chose Dialogic® PowerMedia™ XMS software media server as part of its latest video relay and translation service offering. ZVRS uses Dialogic’s PowerMedia XMS technology to provide a robust solution that supports a broad range of legacy devices and any-to-any video capabilities with its flagship Z70 videophone. ZVRS selected Dialogic’s solution to facilitate a release of Z70 that met its stringent requirements for legacy device support (H.263 and H.264) with high...
Jun. 29, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 475
Basho Technologies has announced the latest release of Basho Riak TS, version 1.3. Riak TS is an enterprise-grade NoSQL database optimized for Internet of Things (IoT). The open source version enables developers to download the software for free and use it in production as well as make contributions to the code and develop applications around Riak TS. Enhancements to Riak TS make it quick, easy and cost-effective to spin up an instance to test new ideas and build IoT applications. In addition to...
Jun. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 661
CenturyLink has announced that application server solutions from GENBAND are now available as part of CenturyLink’s Networx contracts. The General Services Administration (GSA)’s Networx program includes the largest telecommunications contract vehicles ever awarded by the federal government. CenturyLink recently secured an extension through spring 2020 of its offerings available to federal government agencies via GSA’s Networx Universal and Enterprise contracts. GENBAND’s EXPERiUS™ Application...
Jun. 29, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 394
In addition to all the benefits, IoT is also bringing new kind of customer experience challenges - cars that unlock themselves, thermostats turning houses into saunas and baby video monitors broadcasting over the internet. This list can only increase because while IoT services should be intuitive and simple to use, the delivery ecosystem is a myriad of potential problems as IoT explodes complexity. So finding a performance issue is like finding the proverbial needle in the haystack.
Jun. 29, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 358
You are moving to the Cloud. The question is not if, it’s when. Now that your competitors are in the cloud and lapping you, your “when” better hurry up and get here. But saying and doing are two different things. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Robert Reeves, CTO of Datical, explained how DevOps can be your onramp to the cloud. By adopting simple, platform independent DevOps strategies, you can accelerate your move to the cloud. Spoiler Alert: He also makes sure you don’t...
Jun. 29, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,174
Edge Hosting has announced a partnership with and the availability of CloudFlare, a web application firewall, CDN and DDoS mitigation service. “This partnership enhances Edge Hosting’s world class, perimeter layer, application (layer 7) defensive mechanism,” said Mark Houpt, Edge Hosting CISO. “The goal was to enable a new layer of customer controlled defense and compliance through the application of DDoS filters and mitigations, the web application firewall (WAF) feature and the added benefit ...
Jun. 29, 2016 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 653
Digital Initiatives create new ways of conducting business, which drive the need for increasingly advanced security and regulatory compliance challenges with exponentially more damaging consequences. In the BMC and Forbes Insights Survey in 2016, 97% of executives said they expect a rise in data breach attempts in the next 12 months. Sixty percent said operations and security teams have only a general understanding of each other’s requirements, resulting in a “SecOps gap” leaving organizations u...
Jun. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,209
"A lot of times people will come to us and have a very diverse set of requirements or very customized need and we'll help them to implement it in a fashion that you can't just buy off of the shelf," explained Nick Rose, CTO of Enzu, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 29, 2016 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,225