|By PR Newswire||
|January 11, 2013 03:00 AM EST||
BANGALORE, India, January 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --
Q3 Revenues Grow by 6.3% Quarter on Quarter
Consolidated results under International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) for the quarter ended December 31, 2012
- Revenues were $1,911 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012;
QoQ growth was 6.3%
YoY growth was 5.8%
- Revenues excluding Lodestone were $1,872 million;
QoQ growth was 4.2%
YoY growth was 3.7%
- Net income after tax was $434 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 against $431 million for the quarter ended September 30, 2012
- Earnings per American Depositary Share (EPADS) was $0.76 for the quarter ended December 31, 2012 against $0.75 for the quarter ended September 30, 2012
- Liquid assets including cash and cash equivalents, current available-for-sale financial assets, investment in certificates of deposits and government bonds were $4.1 billion versus $4.3 billion as on September 30, 2012
- The company won 8 large outsourcing deals amounting to US$ 731 million of total contract value
- 14 new wins for Infosys' products and platforms
- Infosys and its subsidiaries added 53 clients during the quarter
- Gross addition of 7,499 employees (net addition of 977) for the quarter by Infosys and its subsidiaries.
- 155,629 employees as on December 31, 2012 for Infosys and its subsidiaries
- Completed the acquisition of Lodestone Holding AG, a leading management consultancy based in Switzerland
- Infosys American Depositary Shares (ADS) have started trading on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) under the ticker symbol 'INFY'. The company is in the process of listing its ADS on the Paris and London exchanges of NYSE Euronext.
"We have done well in this quarter despite an uncertain environment," said S. D. Shibulal, CEO and Managing Director. "We continue to gain confidence from a strong pipeline of large deals. However, the broader economic environment remains difficult. Even so, we remain cautiously optimistic about the January-March quarter," he added.
"We were able to maintain our margins through efficiency improvements despite increased operating expenses. We remain focused on making the right investments for profitable and sustainable growth in the longer term," said Rajiv Bansal, Chief Financial Officer.
The company's outlook (consolidated) for the fiscal year ending March 31, 2013, under IFRS is as follows:
Revenues** are expected to be at least $7,450 million;
Earnings per American Depositary Share (EPADS) is expected to be at least $2.97;
* Exchange rates considered for major global currencies: AUD / USD - 1.04; GBP / USD - 1.62; Euro / USD - 1.32 for rest of fiscal 2013
** Includes $104 million from Lodestone
- The company won 8 large outsourcing deals amounting to US$ 731 Mn of total contract value
- Our offerings in the Products and Platforms space continue to see good momentum. This quarter we had 14 wins across industries and geographies. Infosys products and platforms (excluding Finacle™) are now adopted by more than 70 global clients.
- A Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan selected us as a strategic partner to provide enterprise-wide testing services and establish a Test CoE within its IT organization, aimed at creating testing processes and frameworks to support the company's ongoing transformation due to US healthcare reform. Another Blue Cross Blue Shield Plan is leveraging Infosys iTransform™ product and services to help its ICD-10 migration, mandated by the U.S. federal government.
- Our focus on Cloud as a new growth area continues to yield results and the Cloud business currently has more than 190 engagements and 3,500 experts. Over the last quarter, we won more than 15 engagements across Cloud services, Big Data and Security. Our vision of being a Cloud Ecosystem Integrator has gained increasing acceptance with clients and we are working with more than 30 partners to help clients create and manage their unified hybrid cloud environments.
- During the third quarter, Infosys applied for seven patent applications in India and the U.S. With this, it has 525 patent applications in India, the U.S. and other jurisdictions, and has been granted 71 patents by the United States Patent and Trademark Office and two patents by the Luxembourg patent office.
Awards and Recognition
Infosys has been consistently honored by influencers
- We were declared the winners of 2012 Asia's Most Admired Knowledge Enterprises (MAKE) study by Teleos, in association with The KNOW Network for the 10th time, for developing knowledge based products and services.
- Infosys BPO Ltd. has been awarded the prestigious 2012 Optimas Award for 'Managing Change', recognizing exemplary achievements in workforce management and for successfully integrating new employees from around the globe into the organization.
- Infosys BPO Ltd. won the Gold Award for Marketing Excellence in the category of 'Marketing with Social and Interactive Media' at the Information Technology Services Marketing Association (ITSMA) Awards 2012.
- We have received the Microsoft Platform Modernization Award for sales achievement for our Legacy Modernization solution, which helps customers migrate to Microsoft platforms.
- We were awarded the National Energy Conservation Award 2012 for our energy conservation efforts at our campuses in Jaipur and Pune.
- We have been awarded the global No. 1 position for our corporate governance practices by IR Global Rankings (IRGR).
- Finacle™ from Infosys has been ranked as a long-term leader in The Forrester Wave™: Global Banking Platforms, Q4 2012
About Infosys Ltd
Infosys partners with global enterprises to drive their innovation-led growth. That's why Forbes ranked Infosys 19th among the top 100 most innovative companies. As a leading provider of next-generation consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions, Infosys helps clients in more than 30 countries realize their goals.
Visit http://www.infosys.com and see how Infosys (NYSE: INFY), with its 150,000+ people, is Building Tomorrow's Enterprise® today.
Certain statements in this release concerning our future growth prospects are forward-looking statements, which involve a number of risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in such forward-looking statements. The risks and uncertainties relating to these statements include, but are not limited to, risks and uncertainties regarding fluctuations in earnings, fluctuations in foreign exchange rates, our ability to manage growth, intense competition in IT services including those factors which may affect our cost advantage, wage increases in India, our ability to attract and retain highly skilled professionals, time and cost overruns on fixed-price, fixed-time frame contracts, client concentration, restrictions on immigration, industry segment concentration, our ability to manage our international operations, reduced demand for technology in our key focus areas, disruptions in telecommunication networks or system failures, our ability to successfully complete and integrate potential acquisitions, liability for damages on our service contracts, the success of the companies in which Infosys has made strategic investments, withdrawal or expiration of governmental fiscal incentives, political instability and regional conflicts, legal restrictions on raising capital or acquiring companies outside India, and unauthorized use of our intellectual property and general economic conditions affecting our industry. Additional risks that could affect our future operating results are more fully described in our United States Securities and Exchange Commission filings including our Annual Report on Form 20-F for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2012 and on Form 6-K for the quarter ended December 31, 2011, June 30, 2012 and September 30, 2012. These filings are available at http://www.sec.gov. Infosys may, from time to time, make additional written and oral forward-looking statements, including statements contained in the company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission and our reports to shareholders. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking statements that may be made from time to time by or on behalf of the company.
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance Sheets as of
(Dollars in millions except share data)
December 31, March 31, 2012 2012 ASSETS Current assets Cash and cash equivalents $2,740 $4,047 Available-for-sale financial assets 1,339 6 Investment in certificates of deposit - 68 Trade receivables 1,266 1,156 Unbilled revenue 405 368 Prepayments and other current assets 335 300 Total current assets 6,085 5,945 Non-current assets Property, plant and equipment 1,115 1,063 Goodwill 368 195 Intangible assets 72 34 Available-for-sale financial assets 2 2 Investment in government bonds 12 - Deferred income tax assets 77 62 Income tax assets 191 204 Other non-current assets 33 32 Total non-current assets 1,870 1,592 Total assets $7955 $7,537 LIABILITIES AND EQUITY Current liabilities Derivative financial instruments - $9 Trade payables 13 5 Current income tax liabilities 227 207 Client deposits 12 3 Unearned revenue 146 107 Employee benefit obligations 109 98 Provisions 39 26 Other current liabilities 562 482 Total current liabilities 1,108 937 Non-current liabilities Deferred income tax liabilities 16 2 Other non-current liabilities 18 22 Total liabilities 1,142 961 Equity Share capital- `5 ($0.16) par value 600,000,000 equity shares authorized, issued and outstanding 571,402,566 and 571,396,410, net of 2,833,600 treasury shares each as of December 31, 2012 and March 31, 2012, respectively 64 64 Share premium 704 703 Retained earnings 7,223 6,509 Other components of equity (1,178) (700) Total equity attributable to equity holders of the company 6,813 6,576 Non-controlling interests - - Total equity 6,813 6,576 Total liabilities and equity $7,955 $7,537
Infosys Limited and subsidiaries
Unaudited Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income
(Dollars in millions except share and per equity share data)
Three Three Nine Nine months months months months ended ended ended ended December December December December 31, 2012 31, 2011 31, 2012 31, 2011 Revenues $1,911 $1,806 $5,460 $5,233 Cost of sales 1,203 1030 3,376 3,077 Gross profit 708 776 2,084 2,146 Operating expenses: Selling and marketing expenses 99 88 277 275 Administrative expenses 118 128 355 386 Total operating expenses 217 216 632 661 Operating profit 491 560 1,452 1,485 Other income, net 92 82 308 266 Profit before income taxes 583 642 1,760 1,751 Income tax expense 149 184 479 498 Net profit $434 $458 $1,281 $1,253 Other comprehensive income Fair value changes on available - for-sale financial asset, net of tax effect - - - $(2) Exchange differences on translating foreign operations (250) (442) (478) (1,004) Total other comprehensive income $(250) $(442) $(478) $(1,006) Total comprehensive income $184 $16 $803 $247 Profit attributable to: Owners of the company $434 $458 $1,281 $1,253 Non-controlling interests - - - - $434 $458 $1,281 $1,253 Total comprehensive income attributable to: Owners of the company $184 $16 $803 $247 Non-controlling interests - - - - $184 $16 $803 $247 Earnings per equity share Basic ($) 0.76 0.80 2.24 2.19 Diluted ($) 0.76 0.80 2.24 2.19 Weighted average equity shares used in computing earnings per equity share Basic 571,400,086 571,377,084 571,398,129 571,356,602 Diluted 571,400,417 571,396,560 571,399,018 571,394,949
1. The unaudited Condensed Consolidated Balance sheets and Condensed Consolidated Statements of Comprehensive Income for the three months and nine months ended December 31, 2012 has been taken on record at the Board meeting held on January 11, 2013
2. A Fact Sheet providing the operating metrics of the company can be downloaded from http://www.infosys.com
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 5,438
Why do your mobile transformations need to happen today? Mobile is the strategy that enterprise transformation centers on to drive customer engagement. In his general session at @ThingsExpo, Roger Woods, Director, Mobile Product & Strategy – Adobe Marketing Cloud, covered key IoT and mobile trends that are forcing mobile transformation, key components of a solid mobile strategy and explored how brands are effectively driving mobile change throughout the enterprise.
Sep. 30, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 482
In this strange new world where more and more power is drawn from business technology, companies are effectively straddling two paths on the road to innovation and transformation into digital enterprises. The first path is the heritage trail – with “legacy” technology forming the background. Here, extant technologies are transformed by core IT teams to provide more API-driven approaches. Legacy systems can restrict companies that are transitioning into digital enterprises. To truly become a lea...
Sep. 30, 2016 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 757
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 504
SYS-CON Events announced today that Roundee / LinearHub will exhibit at the WebRTC Summit at @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LinearHub provides Roundee Service, a smart platform for enterprise video conferencing with enhanced features such as automatic recording and transcription service. Slack users can integrate Roundee to their team via Slack’s App Directory, and '/roundee' command lets your video conference ...
Sep. 30, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,536
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes ho...
Sep. 30, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,846
"My role is working with customers, helping them go through this digital transformation. I spend a lot of time talking to banks, big industries, manufacturers working through how they are integrating and transforming their IT platforms and moving them forward," explained William Morrish, General Manager Product Sales at Interoute, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Sep. 30, 2016 09:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,120
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Sep. 30, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,059
SYS-CON Events announced today the Kubernetes and Google Container Engine Workshop, being held November 3, 2016, in conjunction with @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele introduces participants to Kubernetes and Google Container Engine (GKE). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, students learn the key concepts and practices for deploying and maintainin...
Sep. 30, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,833
Adobe is changing the world though digital experiences. Adobe helps customers develop and deliver high-impact experiences that differentiate brands, build loyalty, and drive revenue across every screen, including smartphones, computers, tablets and TVs. Adobe content solutions are used daily by millions of companies worldwide-from publishers and broadcasters, to enterprises, marketing agencies and household-name brands. Building on its established design leadership, Adobe enables customers not o...
Sep. 30, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 495
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Sep. 30, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,573
What are the new priorities for the connected business? First: businesses need to think differently about the types of connections they will need to make – these span well beyond the traditional app to app into more modern forms of integration including SaaS integrations, mobile integrations, APIs, device integration and Big Data integration. It’s important these are unified together vs. doing them all piecemeal. Second, these types of connections need to be simple to design, adapt and configure...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 570
The Jevons Paradox suggests that when technological advances increase efficiency of a resource, it results in an overall increase in consumption. Writing on the increased use of coal as a result of technological improvements, 19th-century economist William Stanley Jevons found that these improvements led to the development of new ways to utilize coal. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Thiele, Chief Strategy Officer for Apcera, will compare the Jevons Paradox to modern-day enterprise IT, e...
Sep. 30, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,459
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Sep. 30, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 749
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 30, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,916
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, a leading provider of middleware modernization, integration, and management solutions, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware evolution products and services that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Sep. 30, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,632
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Sep. 30, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,174
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Sep. 30, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,551
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 30, 2016 05:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,385
Whether they’re located in a public, private, or hybrid cloud environment, cloud technologies are constantly evolving. While the innovation is exciting, the end mission of delivering business value and rapidly producing incremental product features is paramount. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Kiran Chitturi, CTO Architect at Sungard AS, will discuss DevOps culture, its evolution of frameworks and technologies, and how it is achieving maturity. He will also cover various st...
Sep. 30, 2016 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,023