|By PR Newswire||
|January 16, 2013 04:55 PM EST||
FRAMINGHAM, Mass., Jan. 16, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- More than 100 products—many of which are making their debut—will be highlighted as part of Macworld/iWorld's unique First Looks program that showcases some of the newest and coolest solutions for iFans, IDG World Expo announced today. Attendees also will have access to dozens of shopping deals available in exhibitor booths, empowering them to see, try and buy right on the show floor. Macworld/iWorld 2013 (Twitter: @MacworldExpo; Event hashtag: #iFan13), the Ultimate iFan Event, takes place January 31-February 2, 2013, at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. The event will once again serve as a launching pad for hundreds of new software, hardware, peripheral, accessory and app innovations for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad when it opens its doors. Register now!
Exhibitor Shopping Specials
Macworld/iWorld exhibitors will offer attendees exclusive opportunities to see, try and buy products at special show prices right on the show floor. More than 50 companies will offer special pricing on many of the newest products for the Apple marketplace. Participating companies include: BusyMac, Choicee, Cooper Product, Devista B.V., EuroSmartz Ltd, FiledRight, Fujitsu Computer Products of America, iKey, iPresent, Krome Case, MacMate, Nite Ize, Nuance Communications, OnTrion, Prestige International, QNAP, RHP Multimedia Corp., Seidio, ServicePal, Silo Ink, SmartMotion Technology, Square Jellyfish, Tekserve, Tru Protection and Vellum Interactive. Check out all the Shop Macworld/iWorld deals at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/expo-hall/show-specials/.
Highlights of this year's First Looks program, which makes it easy for attendees to find the very latest innovations on the show floor, are included below. Check out all the First Looks products at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/first-looks/.
- App-Promo (Appalooza, Booth #718): The company will showcase their client's PicIT 24 mobile application, a visual diary where you can follow friends, family or inspiration. Users can share a maximum of one quote and/or one image within a 24 hour period, giving followers the opportunity to finally appreciate their creative content.
- BEAMR (Appalooza, Booth #718): Beamr™ will showcase its JPEGmini™ for Mac software, which allows users to reduce the file size of photos by up to five times while maintaining their original resolution, quality and JPEG format. Optimizing photos with JPEGmini™ frees up valuable hard drive space and lets you quickly share full-resolution photos with your friends and family.
- Boinx Software Ltd (Appalooza, Booth #718): Boinx Software will feature the new iStopMotion for iPad 2. Enjoy the excitement of creating stop motion animations and time lapse recordings right from your iPad. Easily tell your story using inanimate objects such as toys or clay figures and bring them to life frame by frame. Version 2 includes new features such as audio recording, more ways to import audio files into a stop motion animation or time lapse film, and a Navigator that displays the full animation from start to finish at a glance.
- Creaceed (Appalooza, Booth #718): Creaceed will showcase the recently released Prizmo 2, the revolutionary scanning experience for the Mac that supports all the things you want to scan and all the ways you want to do it. The technology supports dozens of languages and processing for text documents, business cards and images, as well as editing and correcting functionality and iCloud support.
- Ecamm Network (Appalooza, Booth #718): Ecamm will unveil Printopia Pro, the easiest and best way to enable and manage printing from mobile devices (including iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch) on your company's network. Ecamm took its award-winning Printopia software, tuned it for use on large-tiered networks, added manageability, scalability, and security features, putting users in complete control.
- Gaucho Software, LLC (Appalooza, Booth #718): Gaucho Software will showcase Windscape, a new app that shows the wind as it blows. Thousands of tiny particles materialize the flow of air around the world in real time, color-coded by temperature. Discover never-before-seen relationships, gain a global understanding of the weather and let yourself be inspired by the beauty of nature.
- GetCloak.com (Appalooza, Booth #718): Debuting at Macworld/iWorld 2013, Cloak's mission is to give you the tools you need to stay safe when you're online. Cloak's app is the easiest, most trusted way to stay safe when you're using public Wi-Fi, like the kind you find at coffee shops, airports, hotels, and conferences. Cloak automatically detects unsafe connections and secures them. Available today for iPhone, iPad and Mac.
- Jam for iPhone by DreamWalk Ltd (Appalooza, Booth #718): Australian developer DreamWalk Interactive will showcase Jam, a new song-creation app for the iPhone. Simply select a musical style and tempo, hit "record," and sing into your iPhone. Jam detects the incoming vocal pitch, musical key and song structure, then auto-tunes the vocal and produces original backing music to suit. The result is an awesome sounding, completely original song created around your vocal. Users can publish songs to the in-app Jam charts and invite their friends to listen via Facebook and Twitter. Earn badges and royalties for each published track to unlock additional style packs, grow a following of fans and even get signed to one of four Jam record labels.
- JAMF Software (MacIT P1): JAMF Software will feature its SCCM Plug-In, a framework that can be used to sync your organization's valuable hardware and software inventory data for your Apple devices into Microsoft SCCM.
- Kdan Mobile Software Ltd (Appalooza, Booth #718): Kdan Mobile Software will showcase its NoteLedge app for the iPad and iPhone, a unique tool designed to help users record every moment in their life. Features include the ability to take/import photos and easily change size and apply filter effects, record audio and video while taking notes, use stamps and templates to enrich works, capture, organize and share ideas on the go, and encrypt diaries and back them up to the cloud.
- Marketcircle, Inc. (Appalooza, Booth #718): The company will feature Daylite, an award-winning CRM and productivity manager designed to help small businesses grow. Daylite 4 was built with a completely revamped interface, new features and simplicity to improve user experience and productivity. Organize your entire business in a single application, including your contacts, schedule, tasks, business opportunities, emails and more on your Mac, iPhone and iPad.
- MOXTRA (Appalooza, Booth #718): Set to unveil later this month, the Moxtra app features customizable, virtual binders so you can view, share and collaborate with your content. Grab it, organize it in specific binders and add real-time voiceover and notes to enhance photos, stories or projects. Share binders via social media or privately with contacts, enriching the way you share life's moments.
- Rain Design, Inc (Booth #524): Rain Design will showcase its new mTower vertical laptop stand, which takes up a third of your notebook's footprint. Its solid, single piece design gives a notebook the illusion of floating for a sleek desktop setup. mTower's anodized aluminum body matches Apple notebooks and acts as a giant heat sink—with the notebook's bottom turned to the side, its entire surface also dissipates heat better.
- Reallusion, Inc (Appalooza, Booth #718): Reallusion will feature CrazyTalk7, which uses powerful auto-animation technology that allows any user—whether they're an iMovie-maker or a creative user—at any level to simply use your voice to turn images into talking videos. Or, choose from various scenario-based speaker performance modes to set a unique personality to your character's base movement.
- Recosoft Corporation (Booth #749): Recosoft will feature PDF2Office for iPad, a set of iPad apps that converts PDF files to editable Microsoft Office, iWork, OmniGraffle and other common files. PDF2Office for iPad is available in three editions: PDF2Office for iWork, PDF2Office Business and PDF2Office Lite, with each edition featuring distinct PDF conversion capabilities.
- Spicebox LLC (Booth #422): Spicebox will introduce Mauz, which transforms your smartphone into a gesture-enabled computer mouse. Simply connect the device to a smartphone and the Mauz app pops up, allowing users to control computers and media centers using motion and visual gestures. It's like connecting a computer mouse and a Wii controller to your iPhone and then adding a touch of Kinect.
- STROTTER (Booth #1049): STROTTER will present the Platforma, a convertible messenger bag for iPad that turns into a mobile desk, allowing users to work on their iPads while standing up and with both hands free to type. With one swing and one pull of a buckle the bag transforms into a sling-type backpack. Designed in Boston, Platforma features a leather and high-density nylon shell, self-closing flap, custom polished hardware and a quickly adjustable strap.
- The Casey Group (Appalooza, Booth #718): The company will showcase Sales Navigator Calling, a new tool that allows users to make calls directory from their iPad. Leveraging a low-cost VoIP service, it has never been easier to stay in touch with your most valuable customers and prospects while on the road from your iPad. The technology is fully integrated with Sales Navigator, the first iOS application that helps sales professionals optimize their reach and touch to valuable customers and prospects through the seamless integration of contacts, calendars, and map applications.
- Touch Press (Appolooza, Booth #718): Touch Press will introduce The Orchestra, a truly ground-breaking iPad app that allows unprecedented interactive exploration of classical music. The Orchestra allows real-time selection of multiple video and audio tracks, along with an automatically synchronized score and graphical note-by-note visualization of each piece as it is played. The result is an immersive environment for exploring the music and every instrument in the orchestra.
- XFLEX by 1.0 Innovations (Booth #310): 1.0 Innovations will showcase the XFLEX iPad stand, The Single Stand Solution™ to all your tablet needs. The XFLEX works almost anywhere with virtually any flat surface tablet or smartphone. The flexible arm allows you to snake the tablet to an ideal point of view for reading, surfing, pod-casting or video recording.
- Zoom (MacIT S2): Zoom will introduce the world's first Unified Meeting Experience (UMX) solution that brings HD video conferencing, web meetings and mobility into a simple and free 3-in-1 meeting platform. Zoom offers the industry's first screen-sharing on iPhone, iPad and MacOS, the industry's first hybrid cloud meeting connector for Mac IT users and the industry's first 3-in-1 platform with Enterprise Single-Sign-On.
Attendee registration, along with information about event passes and pricing, can be found at: http://www.macworldiworld.com/register/.
For complete details on media qualification guidelines, please visit: http://www.macworldiworld.com/media-qualification-guidelines/. Please note that all media are required to submit media credentials for Macworld/iWorld.
For current happenings, news, chatter and to be part of the conversation, join Macworld/iWorld on:
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/MacworldExpo
- Event hashtag: #iFan13
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MacworldiWorld
- LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/groups/Macworld-Conference-Expo-1636267?home=&gid=1636267&trk=anet_ug_hm.
Macworld/iWorld is the world's Ultimate iFan Event for those who use, create and love Apple products. Attendees will encounter a unique celebration of Apple technology-infused art, music, and film, as well as learning opportunities, and a shopping mecca in our expo hall filled with products and services for Apple users of all skill levels and interests. Whether a home user, an artistic hobbyist, a professional or a true Technorati, Macworld/iWorld gives attendees the chance to experience all that the amazing world of Apple-related tools can offer. Macworld/iWorld will take place January 31 – February 2, 2013 at the Moscone Center West in San Francisco. For more information, please visit http://www.macworldiworld.com.
About IDG World Expo
IDG World Expo (www.idgworldexpo.com) is a leading producer of tradeshows and events for professionals and consumers seeking world-class education, strategic business relationships, and access to industry-leading products and services. IDG World Expo's portfolio of conferences and events includes Macworld / iWorld, the MacIT® Conference, the Electronic Entertainment Expo® (E3®), Anime Expo®, The Game Marketing Summit, Enterprise MobileNext (mNext), and Macworld Mobile. IDG World Expo is a business unit of IDG, the world's leading technology media, research and event company.
SOURCE IDG World Expo
"eFolder does a lot of different things but we protect data and we are focused on protecting data no matter where it resides," explained Carlo Tapia, Product Marketing Manager at eFolder, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EST
The Internet of Things (IoT) is growing rapidly by extending current technologies, products and networks. By 2020, Cisco estimates there will be 50 billion connected devices. Gartner has forecast revenues of over $300 billion, just to IoT suppliers. Now is the time to figure out how you’ll make money – not just create innovative products. With hundreds of new products and companies jumping into the IoT fray every month, there’s no shortage of innovation. Despite this, McKinsey/VisionMobile data...
Dec. 1, 2015 04:00 PM EST Reads: 499
Cloud computing is unquestionably one of the driving forces of DevOps, as the automation of operations transforms enterprise software development. DevOps, however, is more than a technology trend, as it represents a move toward silo-busting, self-organizing horizontal teams that drive business velocity. At the same time, enterprise Digital Transformation represents an upheaval across the enterprise, as customer preferences and behavior drive enterprise technology decisions. This transformation ...
Dec. 1, 2015 03:45 PM EST
Most of the IoT Gateway scenarios involve collecting data from machines/processing and pushing data upstream to cloud for further analytics. The gateway hardware varies from Raspberry Pi to Industrial PCs. The document states the process of allowing deploying polyglot data pipelining software with the clear notion of supporting immutability. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Shashank Jain, a development architect for SAP Labs, discussed the objective, which is to automate the IoT deployment proces...
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 145
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Dec. 1, 2015 03:00 PM EST Reads: 385
In demand-intensive mobile and web applications, an emerging pattern is to host the Systems of Engagement in the cloud (for maximum responsiveness) but keep the Systems of Record with the other important business systems in the company datacenter, often on a tightly secured mainframe. But what about the space in between? In this IBM Redpaper publication, we show that the IBM Bluemix cloud platform offers technologies that make it easy for cloud-based SoEs to securely connect to on-premises IBM...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EST
DevOps is about increasing efficiency, but nothing is more inefficient than building the same application twice. However, this is a routine occurrence with enterprise applications that need both a rich desktop web interface and strong mobile support. With recent technological advances from Isomorphic Software and others, rich desktop and tuned mobile experiences can now be created with a single codebase – without compromising functionality, performance or usability. In his session at DevOps Su...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:45 PM EST Reads: 447
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Dec. 1, 2015 02:15 PM EST Reads: 451
In his keynote at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, Director of IoT Engineering at Citrix and co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, focused on building an IoT platform and company. He provided a behind-the-scenes look at Octoblu’s platform, business, and pivots along the way (including the Citrix acquisition of Octoblu).
Dec. 1, 2015 02:00 PM EST Reads: 548
In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Bruce Swann, Senior Product Marketing Manager for Adobe Campaign, explored the key ingredients of cross-channel marketing in a digital world. Learn how the Adobe Marketing Cloud can help marketers embrace opportunities for personalized, relevant and real-time customer engagement across offline (direct mail, point of sale, call center) and digital (email, website, SMS, mobile apps, social networks, connected objects).
Dec. 1, 2015 01:45 PM EST Reads: 358
The buzz continues for cloud, data analytics and the Internet of Things (IoT) and their collective impact across all industries. But a new conversation is emerging - how do companies use industry disruption and technology enablers to lead in markets undergoing change, uncertainty and ambiguity? Organizations of all sizes need to evolve and transform, often under massive pressure, as industry lines blur and merge and traditional business models are assaulted and turned upside down. In this new da...
Dec. 1, 2015 01:15 PM EST Reads: 307
SYS-CON Events announced today that Catchpoint, a global leader in monitoring, and testing the performance of online applications, has been named "Silver Sponsor" of DevOps Summit New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016 at the Javits Center in New York City. Catchpoint radically transforms the way businesses manage, monitor, and test the performance of online applications. Truly understand and improve user experience with clear visibility into complex, distributed online systems.Founde...
Dec. 1, 2015 12:15 PM EST
In recent years, at least 40% of companies using cloud applications have experienced data loss. One of the best prevention against cloud data loss is backing up your cloud data. In his General Session at 17th Cloud Expo, Sam McIntyre, Partner Enablement Specialist at eFolder, presented how organizations can use eFolder Cloudfinder to automate backups of cloud application data. He also demonstrated how easy it is to search and restore cloud application data using Cloudfinder.
Dec. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 232
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Dec. 1, 2015 12:00 PM EST Reads: 310
The Internet of Everything is re-shaping technology trends–moving away from “request/response” architecture to an “always-on” Streaming Web where data is in constant motion and secure, reliable communication is an absolute necessity. As more and more THINGS go online, the challenges that developers will need to address will only increase exponentially. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Todd Greene, Founder & CEO of PubNub, exploreed the current state of IoT connectivity and review key trends and t...
Dec. 1, 2015 11:45 AM EST Reads: 476
Actifio is powering new application development and testing services from Net3 Technologies (N3T), a managed cloud services provider. N3T's new Symmetry DevOps™ service builds on its existing Palmetto Virtual Data Center (PvDC) Cloud services for data backup and disaster recovery (DR) based on the Actifio Copy Data Virtualization platform. Previously, N3T's data protection and DR services were challenged by overlapping and inefficient legacy hardware and software platforms from multiple vendo...
Dec. 1, 2015 11:30 AM EST
Countless business models have spawned from the IaaS industry – resell Web hosting, blogs, public cloud, and on and on. With the overwhelming amount of tools available to us, it's sometimes easy to overlook that many of them are just new skins of resources we've had for a long time. In his general session at 17th Cloud Expo, Harold Hannon, Sr. Software Architect at SoftLayer, an IBM Company, broke down what we have to work with, discussed the benefits and pitfalls and how we can best use them ...
Dec. 1, 2015 10:45 AM EST Reads: 136
Discussions of cloud computing have evolved in recent years from a focus on specific types of cloud, to a world of hybrid cloud, and to a world dominated by the APIs that make today's multi-cloud environments and hybrid clouds possible. In this Power Panel at 17th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the importance of customers being able to use the specific technologies they need, through environments and ecosystems that expose their APIs to make true ...
Dec. 1, 2015 10:00 AM EST Reads: 579
Microservices are a very exciting architectural approach that many organizations are looking to as a way to accelerate innovation. Microservices promise to allow teams to move away from monolithic "ball of mud" systems, but the reality is that, in the vast majority of organizations, different projects and technologies will continue to be developed at different speeds. How to handle the dependencies between these disparate systems with different iteration cycles? Consider the "canoncial problem"...
Dec. 1, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 485
Too often with compelling new technologies market participants become overly enamored with that attractiveness of the technology and neglect underlying business drivers. This tendency, what some call the “newest shiny object syndrome” is understandable given that virtually all of us are heavily engaged in technology. But it is also mistaken. Without concrete business cases driving its deployment, IoT, like many other technologies before it, will fade into obscurity.
Dec. 1, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 397