|By Marketwired .||
|January 22, 2013 10:59 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/22/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced the general availability of Oracle VM Release 3.2, a key component in Oracle's desktop to data center virtualization portfolio, providing greater operational efficiency with improved ease-of-use, and more automated processes including full command-line support.
- Oracle VM Manager now offers unified virtualization management for Oracle SPARC T-Series Servers running Oracle VM Server for SPARC as well as x86-based servers running Oracle VM Server for x86.
Greater Operational Efficiency and Increased Flexibility at a Fraction of the Cost
- Designed for ease of use and rapid deployment, new features of Oracle VM 3.2 include:
- Broader deployment choices
- In addition to x86 virtualization management, Oracle VM Manager can now discover SPARC servers and create and manage Oracle VM Server for SPARC domains to allow unified and centralized management in mixed data centers, improving operational efficiency.
- Oracle VM Manager also includes MySQL Enterprise Edition for use as the management repository at no additional cost. Oracle VM customers can now choose to use Oracle Database Enterprise Edition, Oracle Database Standard Edition or MySQL Enterprise Edition as the Oracle VM Manager repository when deploying in production environments.
- Greater automation and ease-of-use, for more efficiency in large environments
- Full command-line support enables easy automation: Oracle VM Manager Command Line Interface (CLI) supports the same functions as the Oracle VM Manager browser interface. Common tasks can be scripted and fully automated, saving time and lowering the risk of human error.
- Automated Oracle VM Manager back-up: When using MySQL Enterprise Edition as the Oracle VM Manager database, the management repository is automatically backed-up, permitting rapid recovery of the management environment if needed.
- Tag objects for faster identification of key groups in large environments: Allows custom tags to be created and used to filter the view of VMs and servers in the user interface (UI), enabling users to quickly identify and act on specific subsets of VMs or servers.
- "Multi-select" of objects: Enables users to take action on multiple objects in one step for faster operations in large environments.
- At-a-glance health status: A health status tab in the Oracle VM Manager UI offers expanded and summarized health and status reporting on VM statistics such as memory and CPU usage, allowing for rapid identification of issues before they become problems.
- Direct import of virtual machines into an Oracle VM Manager environment: Reduces the number of steps required to move VMs into an Oracle VM Manager installation.
- Broader deployment choices
- Oracle has also delivered Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.0, providing a range of important new features such as automated secure live migration, power management, and dynamic resource management, enabling best-in-class cloud infrastructure services with the Oracle SPARC T-Series servers.
- With Oracle VM Server for SPARC 3.0, users can live migrate Oracle Solaris 10 and Oracle Solaris 11 logical domains simply and securely across differing CPU types, using cpu crypto accelerators, to permit zero downtime cutovers of domains to newer generation environments.
- Oracle VM continues be available as a free download with zero license cost and world-class enterprise support.
- "With the latest release of Oracle VM, Oracle continues to bring significant cost-of-ownership and manageability benefits to x86- and now SPARC virtualization administrators," said Wim Coekaerts, senior vice president, Linux and Virtualization Engineering, Oracle. "The new release helps users unify and automate their environments on a larger scale to achieve the greatest efficiency from their infrastructure."
- Oracle Virtualization
- Oracle VM Server for x86
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC
- Application-Driven Whitepaper
- Oracle VM software download. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- Oracle's Virtualization Blog
- Connect with Oracle Virtualization via Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
The emergence of cloud computing and Big Data warrants a greater role for the PMO to successfully manage enterprise transformation driven by these powerful trends. As the adoption of cloud-based services continues to grow, a governance model is needed to orchestrate enterprise cloud implementations and harness the power of Big Data analytics. In his session at Cloud Expo, Mahesh Singh, President of BigData, Inc., discussed how the Enterprise PMO takes center stage not only in developing the app...
May. 27, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,800
How do APIs and IoT relate? The answer is not as simple as merely adding an API on top of a dumb device, but rather about understanding the architectural patterns for implementing an IoT fabric. There are typically two or three trends: Exposing the device to a management framework Exposing that management framework to a business centric logic Exposing that business layer and data to end users. This last trend is the IoT stack, which involves a new shift in the separation of what stuff happe...
May. 27, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 5,909
We certainly live in interesting technological times. And no more interesting than the current competing IoT standards for connectivity. Various standards bodies, approaches, and ecosystems are vying for mindshare and positioning for a competitive edge. It is clear that when the dust settles, we will have new protocols, evolved protocols, that will change the way we interact with devices and infrastructure. We will also have evolved web protocols, like HTTP/2, that will be changing the very core...
May. 27, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 5,589
Connected devices and the Internet of Things are getting significant momentum in 2014. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist & Technology Evangelist at Greenwave Systems, examined three key elements that together will drive mass adoption of the IoT before the end of 2015. The first element is the recent advent of robust open source protocols (like AllJoyn and WebRTC) that facilitate M2M communication. The second is broad availability of flexible, cost-effective ...
May. 27, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,347
Collecting data in the field and configuring multitudes of unique devices is a time-consuming, labor-intensive process that can stretch IT resources. Horan & Bird [H&B], Australia’s fifth-largest Solar Panel Installer, wanted to automate sensor data collection and monitoring from its solar panels and integrate the data with its business and marketing systems. After data was collected and structured, two major areas needed to be addressed: improving developer workflows and extending access to a b...
May. 27, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,519
When an enterprise builds a hybrid IaaS cloud connecting its data center to one or more public clouds, security is often a major topic along with the other challenges involved. Security is closely intertwined with the networking choices made for the hybrid cloud. Traditional networking approaches for building a hybrid cloud try to kludge together the enterprise infrastructure with the public cloud. Consequently this approach requires risky, deep "surgery" including changes to firewalls, subnets...
May. 27, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,517
Containers Expo Blog covers the world of containers, as this lightweight alternative to virtual machines enables developers to work with identical dev environments and stacks. Containers Expo Blog offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Bookmark Containers Expo Blog ▸ Here Follow new article posts on Twitter at @ContainersExpo
May. 26, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,131
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. 8th International Big Data Expo, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. As advanced data storage, access and analytics technologies aimed at handling high-volume and/or fast moving data all move center stage, aided by the cloud computing bo...
May. 26, 2015 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,148
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the...
May. 26, 2015 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,561
Move from reactive to proactive cloud management in a heterogeneous cloud infrastructure. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Manoj Khabe, Innovative Solution-Focused Transformation Leader at Vicom Computer Services, Inc., will show how to replace a help desk-centric approach with an ITIL-based service model and service-centric CMDB that’s tightly integrated with an event and incident management platform. Learn how to expand the scope of operations management to service management. He will al...
May. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,894
You use an agile process; your goal is to make your organization more agile. But what about your data infrastructure? The truth is, today's databases are anything but agile - they are effectively static repositories that are cumbersome to work with, difficult to change, and cannot keep pace with application demands. Performance suffers as a result, and it takes far longer than it should to deliver new features and capabilities needed to make your organization competitive. As your application an...
May. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,655
Over the years, a variety of methodologies have emerged in order to overcome the challenges related to project constraints. The successful use of each methodology seems highly context-dependent. However, communication seems to be the common denominator of the many challenges that project management methodologies intend to resolve. In this respect, Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) can be viewed as powerful tools for managing projects. Few research papers have focused on the way...
May. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,097
As the world moves from DevOps to NoOps, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. However, applications have been architected with a much tighter coupling than it needs to be which makes deployment in different environments and migration between them harder. The microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, Netflix and so on is at the heart of CloudFoundry – a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS...
May. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,995
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, ...
May. 26, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,962
High-performing enterprise Software Quality Assurance (SQA) teams validate systems that are ready for use - getting most actively involved as components integrate and form complete systems. These teams catch and report on defects, making sure the customer gets the best software possible. SQA teams have leveraged automation and virtualization to execute more thorough testing in less time - bringing Dev and Ops together, ensuring production readiness. Does the emergence of DevOps mean the end of E...
May. 26, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 5,429
The term culture has had a polarizing effect among DevOps supporters. Some propose that culture change is critical for success with DevOps, but are remiss to define culture. Some talk about a DevOps culture but then reference activities that could lead to culture change and there are those that talk about culture change as a set of behaviors that need to be adopted by those in IT. There is no question that businesses successful in adopting a DevOps mindset have seen departmental culture change, ...
May. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,998
Amazon and Google have built software-defined data centers (SDDCs) that deliver massively scalable services with great efficiency. Yet, building SDDCs has proven to be a near impossibility for companies without hyper-scale resources. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, David Cauthron, CTO and Founder of NIMBOXX, highlighted how a mid-sized manufacturer of global industrial equipment bridged the gap from virtualization to software-defined services, streamlining operations and costs while connect...
May. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,486
The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential. The DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo – to be held June 3-5, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City – will expand the DevOps community, enable a wide...
May. 26, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,663
The Internet of Things is tied together with a thin strand that is known as time. Coincidentally, at the core of nearly all data analytics is a timestamp. When working with time series data there are a few core principles that everyone should consider, especially across datasets where time is the common boundary. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Jim Scott, Director of Enterprise Strategy & Architecture at MapR Technologies, discussed single-value, geo-spatial, and log time series dat...
May. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,699
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to DevOps Summit 2015 as Conference Chair. The 4th International DevOps Summit will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great team at ...
May. 26, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,215