|By Marketwired .||
|January 31, 2013 08:00 AM EST||
REDWOOD SHORES, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 01/31/13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Today, Oracle introduced support for Android with Oracle Virtual Desktop Client 1.2 for tablets.
- Android support adds to the portfolio of Oracle Virtual Desktop Client software for iPad, Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, which enables access to Oracle Virtual Desktop Infrastructure and Sun Ray Software deployments and helps customers to deliver on corporate Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) initiatives.
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Client 1.2 for tablets provides new and enhanced touchscreen gestures and support for Retina displays on newer iPads.
- Additionally, Oracle announced Oracle Virtual Desktop Client 3.2 for desktop PCs, which now supports Windows 8 and provides enhanced support for USB peripherals.
Expanded Support for the Diverse Mobile Enterprise
- New features of Oracle Virtual Desktop Client 1.2 for tablets include:
- Android support: includes support for the latest Android 4.x tablets, providing Android users the same access to Oracle desktop virtualization deployments as iOS users;
- Optimized touchscreen interface: on-screen keyboard enhancements speed access to extended keys and maximize the screen viewing area. New gestures provide faster access to frequently used client functions;
- Faster connections: one-click shortcuts to previously connected desktops makes it easy to switch from one virtual desktop to another;
- Enhanced user productivity: provides administrator-managed copy and paste features between the local tablet and remote desktop;
- Higher screen resolution: includes support for the higher screen resolution of iPads with Retina display.
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Client 3.2 for desktop PCs offers:
- Support for Microsoft Windows 8: allows users to access enterprise applications from new Microsoft Windows 8 desktop clients, even if the application requires earlier versions of Internet Explorer;
- Virtual environment access to client connected USB peripherals: provides users the ability to access a broad range of locally attached USB devices from their virtual desktop environment.
- "Enterprise adoption of mobile devices is expanding rapidly and users want access to their desktop applications from anywhere," said Wim Coekaerts, senior vice president, Linux and Virtualization Engineering, Oracle. "The new Oracle Virtual Desktop Client for Android and enhancements for iPad and other platforms help organizations provide mobile workers with secure access to their applications and data."
- Oracle Desktop Virtualization Clients
- Oracle in the IDC Client Virtualization MarketScape 2012
- Download Oracle Virtual Desktop Client software here. Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- Oracle Virtualization home page, Blog, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube
- Relevant Blogs: Wim Coekaerts
About Oracle Virtual Desktop Clients
- Oracle Virtual Desktop Clients, part of Oracle's complete desktop to data center virtualization portfolio and certified with browser-based Oracle Applications, increase the productivity of mobile workforces by allowing users to easily and securely access their virtual desktops, data, and applications from popular devices, from any location, at any time.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Open Data Centers (ODC), a carrier-neutral colocation provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Open Data Centers is a carrier-neutral data center operator in New Jersey and New York City offering alternative connectivity options for carriers, service providers and enterprise customers.
May. 7, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,398
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dyn, the worldwide leader in Internet Performance, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dyn is a cloud-based Internet Performance company. Dyn helps companies monitor, control, and optimize online infrastructure for an exceptional end-user experience. Through a world-class network and unrivaled, objective intelligence into Internet conditions, Dyn ensures...
May. 7, 2015 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,084
Docker offers a new, lightweight approach to application portability. Applications are shipped using a common container format and managed with a high-level API. Their processes run within isolated namespaces that abstract the operating environment independently of the distribution, versions, network setup, and other details of this environment. This "containerization" has often been nicknamed "the new virtualization." But containers are more than lightweight virtual machines. Beyond their small...
May. 7, 2015 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 5,049
The 3rd International @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo – to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY – is now accepting Hackathon proposals. Hackathon sponsorship benefits include general brand exposure and increasing engagement with the developer ecosystem. At Cloud Expo 2014 Silicon Valley, IBM held the Bluemix Developer Playground on November 5 and ElasticBox held the DevOps Hackathon on November 6. Both events took place on the expo fl...
May. 7, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,481
BlueBox bridge the chasm between development and infrastructure. Hosting providers are taking standardization and automation too far. For many app developers it does nothing but spawn mayhem and more work. They have to figure out how their creations live on a pre-fab infrastructure solution full of constraints. Operations-as-a-Service is what BlueBox does. BlueBox utilizes development tools such as OpenStack, EMC Razor, Opscode’s Chef and BlueBox's proprietary tools give the power to do the unor...
May. 7, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,999
What’s inside the cloud? Hard work. Cloud operators know the world inside the datacenter is gritty. Vendor marketing speak and cloudwashing quickly melt in the heat of SLAs, uptime guarantees, and users who want it now. In his session at DevOps Summit, Hernan Alvarez, Chief Product Officer at Blue Box Group, will deliver an unvarnished look inside the world of cloud operators, from the perspective of someone who lives it. Attendees get a front-row look into the toolkits and processes that enabl...
May. 7, 2015 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,271
Enthusiasm for the Internet of Things has reached an all-time high. In 2013 alone, venture capitalists spent more than $1 billion dollars investing in the IoT space. With "smart" appliances and devices, IoT covers wearable smart devices, cloud services to hardware companies. Nest, a Google company, detects temperatures inside homes and automatically adjusts it by tracking its user's habit. These technologies are quickly developing and with it come challenges such as bridging infrastructure gaps,...
May. 7, 2015 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 5,585
Application metrics, logs, and business KPIs are a goldmine. It’s easy to get started with the ELK stack (Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana) – you can see lots of people coming up with impressive dashboards, in less than a day, with no previous experience. Going from proof-of-concept to production tends to be a bit more difficult, unfortunately, and it tends to gobble up our attention, time, and money. In his session at DevOps Summit, Otis Gospodnetić, co-author of Lucene in Action and founder...
May. 7, 2015 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,400
The move in recent years to cloud computing services and architectures has added significant pace to the application development and deployment environment. When enterprise IT can spin up large computing instances in just minutes, developers can also design and deploy in small time frames that were unimaginable a few years ago. The consequent move toward lean, agile, and fast development leads to the need for the development and operations sides to work very closely together. Thus, DevOps become...
May. 7, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,639
We are all here because we are sold on the transformative promise of The Cloud. But what good is all of this ephemeral, on-demand infrastructure if your usage doesn't actually improve the agility and speed of your business? How must Operations adapt in order to avoid stifling your Cloud initiative? In his session at DevOps Summit, Damon Edwards, co-founder and managing partner of the DTO Solutions, will highlight the successful organizational, process, and tooling patterns of high-performing c...
May. 7, 2015 02:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,570
SYS-CON Events announced today that AIC, a leading provider of OEM/ODM server and storage solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. AIC is a leading provider of both standard OTS, off-the-shelf, and OEM/ODM server and storage solutions. With expert in-house design capabilities, validation, manufacturing and production, AIC's broad selection of products are highly flexible and are conf...
May. 7, 2015 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 5,937
NuoDB just introduced the Swifts 2.1 Release. In this demo at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Proctor, CTO of NuoDB, Inc., discussed why scaling databases in the cloud is challenging, why building your application on top of the infrastructure that is designed with this in mind makes a difference, and what you can do with NuoDB that simplifies your programming model, your operations model.
May. 7, 2015 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,480
CloudBees, Inc., has announced a $23.5 million financing round, led by longtime CloudBees investor Lightspeed Venture Partners. Existing investors Matrix Partners, Verizon Ventures and Blue Cloud Ventures also participated in the round. The latest funding announcement follows earlier rounds of $4 million, $10.5 million and $10.8 million, bringing the total investment in CloudBees to just under $50 million since the company’s inception in 2010. Previous venture investment rounds were led by Ma...
May. 7, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,500
Hovhannes Avoyan, CEO of Monitis, Inc., a provider of on-demand systems management and monitoring software to 50,000 users spanning small businesses and Fortune 500 companies, has surpassed 1.5 million page views on the SYS-CON family of online magazines, which includes Cloud Computing Journal, DevOps Journal, Internet of Things Journal, and Big Data Journal. His home page at SYS-CON can be found at Montis.SYS-CON.com
May. 7, 2015 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,921
Leysin American School is an exclusive, private boarding school located in Leysin, Switzerland. Leysin selected an OpenStack-powered, private cloud as a service to manage multiple applications and provide development environments for students across the institution. Seeking to meet rigid data sovereignty and data integrity requirements while offering flexible, on-demand cloud resources to users, Leysin identified OpenStack as the clear choice to round out the school's cloud strategy. Additional...
May. 7, 2015 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,518
DevOps Summit 2015 New York, co-located with the 16th International Cloud Expo - to be held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY - announces that it is now accepting Keynote Proposals. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete...
May. 7, 2015 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,596
Want to enable self-service provisioning of application environments in minutes that mirror production? Can you automatically provide rich data with code-level detail back to the developers when issues occur in production? In his session at DevOps Summit, David Tesar, Microsoft Technical Evangelist on Microsoft Azure and DevOps, will discuss how to accomplish this and more utilizing technologies such as Microsoft Azure, Visual Studio online, and Application Insights in this demo-heavy session.
May. 7, 2015 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,601
SYS-CON Events announced today that Liaison Technologies, a leading provider of data management and integration cloud services and solutions, has been named "Silver Sponsor" of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Liaison Technologies is a recognized market leader in providing cloud-enabled data integration and data management solutions to break down complex information barriers, enabling enterprises to make sm...
May. 7, 2015 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,479
“The year of the cloud – we have no idea when it's really happening but we think it's happening now. For those technology providers like Zentera that are helping enterprises move to the cloud - it's been fun to watch," noted Mike Loftus, VP Product Management and Marketing at Zentera Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 7, 2015 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,617
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, will explain the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is r...
May. 7, 2015 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,644