|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 10:36 AM EST||
QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 --
- Coveo today announced it achieved several major milestones in 2012, led by rapidly accelerating demand for the company's highly advanced Enterprise Search technology, built on its award-winning Unified Indexing and Insight platform. Milestones in 2012 included record-setting revenues, cutting-edge product development and multiple industry recognitions.
2012 Adoption and Growth
- During 2012 Coveo achieved consecutive growth, quarter-over-quarter that built throughout the year. The fourth quarter of 2012 was the highest-grossing quarter in the company's history, capping off 40 percent year-over-year growth for the quarter and the year. During 2012, Coveo saw accelerating market adoption of its Unified Indexing and Insight platform, including new brands such as Apex Analytics, Fortinet, FM Global, Golder Associates, Harris Corporation, L'Oreal Switzerland, 3i Group, SOGIQUE, SunGard, and Tokyo Electron Limited (TEL), among many others.
- To support its growing customer base and new phase of growth, Coveo welcomed cloud technology veteran Guy Gauvin as its Chief Operating Officer in September.
- Coveo maintained a rapid pace of innovation in 2012 with the launch of Coveo for Salesforce, an application that transforms service performance. Embedded within the Salesforce Service Cloud User Interface, the application automatically "reads" case information and recommends relevant content and experts to help the agent solve each case quickly and effectively, regardless of where the information resides. Coveo solves the challenge of information fragmentation -- in social media, the cloud, and in enterprise systems -- by instantly assembling and presenting the most relevant information based on the user's context. Deeply embedded in Salesforce and configured specifically for Service Cloud, it solves the pain of users leaving Salesforce to access information from multiple other systems, as well as seeking data from throughout the Salesforce infrastructure. Agents solve customer challenges faster, reducing costs and increasing customer satisfaction.
New Round of Investment
- Coveo secured $18 million in funding in December 2012 in a round led by Tandem Expansion Fund, Canada's largest late-stage technology investment firm. The investment supports Coveo's expansion as the market continues to grow for solutions that enable actionable insight from Big Data.
Industry Awards & Recognition
Industry organizations and the media credited Coveo in 2012 as a technology visionary:
- Customer Magazine's 2012 Product of the Year award for Coveo for Salesforce Beta version.
- TSIA Fall 2012 TechBEST Best in Show at the Technology Services World (TSW) 2012 Service Transformations conference, as voted by the attendees.
- 2012 SIIA CODiE Award for Best Relationship Management Solution -- Coveo's fourth CODiE in five years.
- Bronze Stevie® Award for the "Best New Software Product or Service of the Year" in the Annual International Business Awards.
- Annual 2012 Golden Bridge Awards named Chairman and CEO Louis Tetu a silver medal honoree in the category of "Most Innovative People."
- 2012 Trend-Setting Product by KMWorld, for Advanced Enterprise Search, marking the seventh consecutive year for this award.
- Finalist in the 2012-2013 Cloud Awards Program in the Data Innovation of the Year category.
- The Hugh Lawford Award for Excellence in Legal Publishing went to Coveo customer the Centre d'accès à l'information juridique (CAIJ) for its implementation of Coveo.
Partnerships & Support
- In 2012, Coveo and Sitecore announced a renewed partnership following a solid record of successful joint implementations. The two companies have partnered to bring more personalized website search, increased relevance and advanced customer engagement to more than 80 customer projects, including GE Healthcare, CA Technologies, PFC Energy and Think Mutual Bank. The Sitecore partnership is an indispensable element in Coveo's strategy to help end users around the world gain the right insight to accomplish their goals.
- Louis Tetu, Chairman and CEO, Coveo: "To say that 2012 was an exciting year for Coveo is an understatement, particularly with the launch of Coveo for Salesforce -- a true game changer. We helped more companies overcome the 'Insight Deficit' of overwhelming, fragmented and disparate data -- caused by the perfect storm of Big Data, exploding social media content and the move of many IT systems to the cloud. Hundreds of Coveo customers around the globe are leveraging collective knowledge to better serve their own customers, increase product innovation and quality, and help employees make more informed decisions. In 2013, our goal is to help our growing number of customers derive actionable insights from their existing data to gain a competitive advantage."
Coveo's advanced, Unified Indexing and Insight platform redefines how people access and share fragmented knowledge around the social enterprise. Coveo brings together the collective and yet fragmented information from social, on-premise, and cloud-based systems, and makes it actionable for every user and customer, every time. Coveo connects people to contextual content, and through content, to relevant people. This enables more efficient customer service, increased sales, shorter sales cycles, faster innovation for better product development and increased profitability. Coveo's advanced, Unified Indexing and Insight platform securely connects with and crawls all systems to create a virtual integration layer, by federating and normalizing structured and unstructured information.
The Company's lines of business bring actionable insight to Customer Service operations, high-end websites for personalized online experiences, and advanced enterprise search initiatives, so that all knowledge workers can tap into the collective knowledge and stop reinventing the wheel. More than 2,000,000 people globally and more than 400 companies use Coveo to achieve their business goals. Among Coveo customers are CA Technologies, L'Oreal Switzerland, Lockheed Martin, YUM! Brands, GEICO and SunGard. For more information, visit www.coveo.com, follow us on Twitter @coveo or like us on Facebook.
The speed of software changes in growing and large scale rapid-paced DevOps environments presents a challenge for continuous testing. Many organizations struggle to get this right. Practices that work for small scale continuous testing may not be sufficient as the requirements grow. In his session at DevOps Summit, Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect of DevOps continuous test solutions at Spirent Communications, explained the best practices of continuous testing at high scale, which is rele...
Jul. 29, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,367
[video] Logging and Monitoring with @Sematext Founder @OtisG | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps #Logging #Monitoring
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,022
"We have been in business for 21 years and have been building many enterprise solutions, all IT plumbing - server, storage, interconnects," stated Alex Gorbachev, President of Intelligent Systems Services, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,027
"We specialize in testing. DevOps is all about continuous delivery and accelerating the delivery pipeline and there is no continuous delivery without testing," noted Marc Hornbeek, Sr. Solutions Architect at Spirent Communications, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 363
"Alert Logic is a managed security service provider that basically deploys technologies, but we support those technologies with the people and process behind it," stated Stephen Coty, Chief Security Evangelist at Alert Logic, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 327
Take the Long View with Digital Transformation By @IoT2040 | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #API #Microservices #InternetOfThings
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Jul. 29, 2015 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,070
The Internet of Everything (IoE) brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable than ever before – transforming information into knowledge and knowledge into wisdom. IoE creates new capabilities, richer experiences, and unprecedented opportunities to improve business and government operations, decision making and mission support capabilities.
Jul. 29, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 240
The essence of cloud computing is that all consumable IT resources are delivered as services. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, demonstrated the concepts and implementations of two important cloud computing deliveries: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). He discussed from business and technical viewpoints what exactly they are, why we care, how they are different and in what ways, and the strategies for IT to tran...
Jul. 29, 2015 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 396
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 466
The Internet of Things is not only adding billions of sensors and billions of terabytes to the Internet. It is also forcing a fundamental change in the way we envision Information Technology. For the first time, more data is being created by devices at the edge of the Internet rather than from centralized systems. What does this mean for today's IT professional? In this Power Panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed this very serious issue of pro...
Jul. 29, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,257
With SaaS use rampant across organizations, how can IT departments track company data and maintain security? More and more departments are commissioning their own solutions and bypassing IT. A cloud environment is amorphous and powerful, allowing you to set up solutions for all of your user needs: document sharing and collaboration, mobile access, e-mail, even industry-specific applications. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Shawn Mills, President and a founder of Green House Data, discussed h...
Jul. 29, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 325
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Jul. 29, 2015 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 106
Discussions about cloud computing are evolving into discussions about enterprise IT in general. As enterprises increasingly migrate toward their own unique clouds, new issues such as the use of containers and microservices emerge to keep things interesting. In this Power Panel at 16th Cloud Expo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists addressed the state of cloud computing today, and what enterprise IT professionals need to know about how the latest topics and trends affect t...
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,170
"Our biggest growth area has been the security services, the managed services - the things that differentiate us in the market that there is no client that's too small and there's no client that's too big," explained Paul Mazzucco, Chief Security Officer at TierPoint, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 374
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Jul. 29, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 425
[video] Infrastructure as a Toolbox By @SoftLayer at @CloudExpo New York | #IoT #API #Containers #Microservices
Countless business models have spawned from the IaaS industry. Resell Web hosting, blogs, public cloud, and on and on. With the overwhelming amount of tools available to us, it's sometimes easy to overlook that many of them are just new skins of resources we've had for a long time. In his General Session at 16th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, broke down what we've got to work with and discuss the benefits and pitfalls to discover how we can best use them to d...
Jul. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,949
[session] The Container New World By @KeGilpin | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps #Docker #Containers #Microservices
Containers are changing the security landscape for software development and deployment. As with any security solutions, security approaches that work for developers, operations personnel and security professionals is a requirement. In his session at DevOps Summit, Kevin Gilpin, CTO and Co-Founder of Conjur, will discuss various security considerations for container-based infrastructure and related DevOps workflows.
Jul. 29, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,061
"We do data integration for B2B also application to application, and we do data management and enable Big Data," explained Pat Adamiak, Vice President, Product Marketing at Liaison Technologies, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jul. 29, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 334
The Cloud industry has moved from being more than just being able to provide infrastructure and management services on the Cloud. Enter a new era of Cloud computing where monetization’s services through the Cloud are an essential piece of strategy to feed your organizations bottom-line, your revenue and Profitability. In their session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed how to easily o...
Jul. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 360
Chuck Piluso presented a study of cloud adoption trends and the power and flexibility of IBM Power and Pureflex cloud solutions. Prior to Secure Infrastructure and Services, Mr. Piluso founded North American Telecommunication Corporation, a facilities-based Competitive Local Exchange Carrier licensed by the Public Service Commission in 10 states, serving as the company's chairman and president from 1997 to 2000. Between 1990 and 1997, Mr. Piluso served as chairman & founder of International Te...
Jul. 29, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 267