|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 10:36 AM EST||
QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 --
- Coveo today announced it achieved several major milestones in 2012, led by rapidly accelerating demand for the company's highly advanced Enterprise Search technology, built on its award-winning Unified Indexing and Insight platform. Milestones in 2012 included record-setting revenues, cutting-edge product development and multiple industry recognitions.
2012 Adoption and Growth
- During 2012 Coveo achieved consecutive growth, quarter-over-quarter that built throughout the year. The fourth quarter of 2012 was the highest-grossing quarter in the company's history, capping off 40 percent year-over-year growth for the quarter and the year. During 2012, Coveo saw accelerating market adoption of its Unified Indexing and Insight platform, including new brands such as Apex Analytics, Fortinet, FM Global, Golder Associates, Harris Corporation, L'Oreal Switzerland, 3i Group, SOGIQUE, SunGard, and Tokyo Electron Limited (TEL), among many others.
- To support its growing customer base and new phase of growth, Coveo welcomed cloud technology veteran Guy Gauvin as its Chief Operating Officer in September.
- Coveo maintained a rapid pace of innovation in 2012 with the launch of Coveo for Salesforce, an application that transforms service performance. Embedded within the Salesforce Service Cloud User Interface, the application automatically "reads" case information and recommends relevant content and experts to help the agent solve each case quickly and effectively, regardless of where the information resides. Coveo solves the challenge of information fragmentation -- in social media, the cloud, and in enterprise systems -- by instantly assembling and presenting the most relevant information based on the user's context. Deeply embedded in Salesforce and configured specifically for Service Cloud, it solves the pain of users leaving Salesforce to access information from multiple other systems, as well as seeking data from throughout the Salesforce infrastructure. Agents solve customer challenges faster, reducing costs and increasing customer satisfaction.
New Round of Investment
- Coveo secured $18 million in funding in December 2012 in a round led by Tandem Expansion Fund, Canada's largest late-stage technology investment firm. The investment supports Coveo's expansion as the market continues to grow for solutions that enable actionable insight from Big Data.
Industry Awards & Recognition
Industry organizations and the media credited Coveo in 2012 as a technology visionary:
- Customer Magazine's 2012 Product of the Year award for Coveo for Salesforce Beta version.
- TSIA Fall 2012 TechBEST Best in Show at the Technology Services World (TSW) 2012 Service Transformations conference, as voted by the attendees.
- 2012 SIIA CODiE Award for Best Relationship Management Solution -- Coveo's fourth CODiE in five years.
- Bronze Stevie® Award for the "Best New Software Product or Service of the Year" in the Annual International Business Awards.
- Annual 2012 Golden Bridge Awards named Chairman and CEO Louis Tetu a silver medal honoree in the category of "Most Innovative People."
- 2012 Trend-Setting Product by KMWorld, for Advanced Enterprise Search, marking the seventh consecutive year for this award.
- Finalist in the 2012-2013 Cloud Awards Program in the Data Innovation of the Year category.
- The Hugh Lawford Award for Excellence in Legal Publishing went to Coveo customer the Centre d'accès à l'information juridique (CAIJ) for its implementation of Coveo.
Partnerships & Support
- In 2012, Coveo and Sitecore announced a renewed partnership following a solid record of successful joint implementations. The two companies have partnered to bring more personalized website search, increased relevance and advanced customer engagement to more than 80 customer projects, including GE Healthcare, CA Technologies, PFC Energy and Think Mutual Bank. The Sitecore partnership is an indispensable element in Coveo's strategy to help end users around the world gain the right insight to accomplish their goals.
- Louis Tetu, Chairman and CEO, Coveo: "To say that 2012 was an exciting year for Coveo is an understatement, particularly with the launch of Coveo for Salesforce -- a true game changer. We helped more companies overcome the 'Insight Deficit' of overwhelming, fragmented and disparate data -- caused by the perfect storm of Big Data, exploding social media content and the move of many IT systems to the cloud. Hundreds of Coveo customers around the globe are leveraging collective knowledge to better serve their own customers, increase product innovation and quality, and help employees make more informed decisions. In 2013, our goal is to help our growing number of customers derive actionable insights from their existing data to gain a competitive advantage."
Coveo's advanced, Unified Indexing and Insight platform redefines how people access and share fragmented knowledge around the social enterprise. Coveo brings together the collective and yet fragmented information from social, on-premise, and cloud-based systems, and makes it actionable for every user and customer, every time. Coveo connects people to contextual content, and through content, to relevant people. This enables more efficient customer service, increased sales, shorter sales cycles, faster innovation for better product development and increased profitability. Coveo's advanced, Unified Indexing and Insight platform securely connects with and crawls all systems to create a virtual integration layer, by federating and normalizing structured and unstructured information.
The Company's lines of business bring actionable insight to Customer Service operations, high-end websites for personalized online experiences, and advanced enterprise search initiatives, so that all knowledge workers can tap into the collective knowledge and stop reinventing the wheel. More than 2,000,000 people globally and more than 400 companies use Coveo to achieve their business goals. Among Coveo customers are CA Technologies, L'Oreal Switzerland, Lockheed Martin, YUM! Brands, GEICO and SunGard. For more information, visit www.coveo.com, follow us on Twitter @coveo or like us on Facebook.
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Dec. 4, 2016 06:15 AM EST Reads: 6,949
20th Cloud Expo, taking place June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy.
Dec. 4, 2016 05:30 AM EST Reads: 1,751
More and more companies are looking to microservices as an architectural pattern for breaking apart applications into more manageable pieces so that agile teams can deliver new features quicker and more effectively. What this pattern has done more than anything to date is spark organizational transformations, setting the foundation for future application development. In practice, however, there are a number of considerations to make that go beyond simply “build, ship, and run,” which changes how...
Dec. 4, 2016 04:45 AM EST Reads: 4,958
WebRTC is the future of browser-to-browser communications, and continues to make inroads into the traditional, difficult, plug-in web communications world. The 6th WebRTC Summit continues our tradition of delivering the latest and greatest presentations within the world of WebRTC. Topics include voice calling, video chat, P2P file sharing, and use cases that have already leveraged the power and convenience of WebRTC.
Dec. 4, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 1,553
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their backend AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT - especially in the connected home and office. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Kocher, founder and managing director of Grey Heron, explained how Amazon is extending its reach to become a major force in IoT by building on its dominant cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strat...
Dec. 4, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 6,221
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, discussed how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved efficienc...
Dec. 4, 2016 04:00 AM EST Reads: 4,952
Internet-of-Things discussions can end up either going down the consumer gadget rabbit hole or focused on the sort of data logging that industrial manufacturers have been doing forever. However, in fact, companies today are already using IoT data both to optimize their operational technology and to improve the experience of customer interactions in novel ways. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Gordon Haff, Red Hat Technology Evangelist, will share examples from a wide range of industries – includin...
Dec. 4, 2016 03:45 AM EST Reads: 1,550
"We build IoT infrastructure products - when you have to integrate different devices, different systems and cloud you have to build an application to do that but we eliminate the need to build an application. Our products can integrate any device, any system, any cloud regardless of protocol," explained Peter Jung, Chief Product Officer at Pulzze Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 4, 2016 02:15 AM EST Reads: 877
When it comes to cloud computing, the ability to turn massive amounts of compute cores on and off on demand sounds attractive to IT staff, who need to manage peaks and valleys in user activity. With cloud bursting, the majority of the data can stay on premises while tapping into compute from public cloud providers, reducing risk and minimizing need to move large files. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Jeschonek, Director of Product Management at Avere Systems, discussed the IT and busin...
Dec. 4, 2016 02:00 AM EST Reads: 3,783
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 4, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,786
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data professionals...
Dec. 3, 2016 11:00 PM EST Reads: 4,165
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 11:00 PM EST Reads: 967
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 3, 2016 09:30 PM EST Reads: 1,777
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Dec. 3, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 1,750
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, gave users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion with b...
Dec. 3, 2016 08:00 PM EST Reads: 3,958
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 3, 2016 06:15 PM EST Reads: 1,522
"IoT is going to be a huge industry with a lot of value for end users, for industries, for consumers, for manufacturers. How can we use cloud to effectively manage IoT applications," stated Ian Khan, Innovation & Marketing Manager at Solgeniakhela, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 3, 2016 05:30 PM EST Reads: 4,056
Today we can collect lots and lots of performance data. We build beautiful dashboards and even have fancy query languages to access and transform the data. Still performance data is a secret language only a couple of people understand. The more business becomes digital the more stakeholders are interested in this data including how it relates to business. Some of these people have never used a monitoring tool before. They have a question on their mind like “How is my application doing” but no id...
Dec. 3, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 2,141
@GonzalezCarmen has been ranked the Number One Influencer and @ThingsExpo has been named the Number One Brand in the “M2M 2016: Top 100 Influencers and Brands” by Onalytica. Onalytica analyzed tweets over the last 6 months mentioning the keywords M2M OR “Machine to Machine.” They then identified the top 100 most influential brands and individuals leading the discussion on Twitter.
Dec. 3, 2016 05:15 PM EST Reads: 2,010
In IT, we sometimes coin terms for things before we know exactly what they are and how they’ll be used. The resulting terms may capture a common set of aspirations and goals – as “cloud” did broadly for on-demand, self-service, and flexible computing. But such a term can also lump together diverse and even competing practices, technologies, and priorities to the point where important distinctions are glossed over and lost.
Dec. 3, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,482