|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 10:36 AM EST||
QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 --
- Coveo today announced it achieved several major milestones in 2012, led by rapidly accelerating demand for the company's highly advanced Enterprise Search technology, built on its award-winning Unified Indexing and Insight platform. Milestones in 2012 included record-setting revenues, cutting-edge product development and multiple industry recognitions.
2012 Adoption and Growth
- During 2012 Coveo achieved consecutive growth, quarter-over-quarter that built throughout the year. The fourth quarter of 2012 was the highest-grossing quarter in the company's history, capping off 40 percent year-over-year growth for the quarter and the year. During 2012, Coveo saw accelerating market adoption of its Unified Indexing and Insight platform, including new brands such as Apex Analytics, Fortinet, FM Global, Golder Associates, Harris Corporation, L'Oreal Switzerland, 3i Group, SOGIQUE, SunGard, and Tokyo Electron Limited (TEL), among many others.
- To support its growing customer base and new phase of growth, Coveo welcomed cloud technology veteran Guy Gauvin as its Chief Operating Officer in September.
- Coveo maintained a rapid pace of innovation in 2012 with the launch of Coveo for Salesforce, an application that transforms service performance. Embedded within the Salesforce Service Cloud User Interface, the application automatically "reads" case information and recommends relevant content and experts to help the agent solve each case quickly and effectively, regardless of where the information resides. Coveo solves the challenge of information fragmentation -- in social media, the cloud, and in enterprise systems -- by instantly assembling and presenting the most relevant information based on the user's context. Deeply embedded in Salesforce and configured specifically for Service Cloud, it solves the pain of users leaving Salesforce to access information from multiple other systems, as well as seeking data from throughout the Salesforce infrastructure. Agents solve customer challenges faster, reducing costs and increasing customer satisfaction.
New Round of Investment
- Coveo secured $18 million in funding in December 2012 in a round led by Tandem Expansion Fund, Canada's largest late-stage technology investment firm. The investment supports Coveo's expansion as the market continues to grow for solutions that enable actionable insight from Big Data.
Industry Awards & Recognition
Industry organizations and the media credited Coveo in 2012 as a technology visionary:
- Customer Magazine's 2012 Product of the Year award for Coveo for Salesforce Beta version.
- TSIA Fall 2012 TechBEST Best in Show at the Technology Services World (TSW) 2012 Service Transformations conference, as voted by the attendees.
- 2012 SIIA CODiE Award for Best Relationship Management Solution -- Coveo's fourth CODiE in five years.
- Bronze Stevie® Award for the "Best New Software Product or Service of the Year" in the Annual International Business Awards.
- Annual 2012 Golden Bridge Awards named Chairman and CEO Louis Tetu a silver medal honoree in the category of "Most Innovative People."
- 2012 Trend-Setting Product by KMWorld, for Advanced Enterprise Search, marking the seventh consecutive year for this award.
- Finalist in the 2012-2013 Cloud Awards Program in the Data Innovation of the Year category.
- The Hugh Lawford Award for Excellence in Legal Publishing went to Coveo customer the Centre d'accès à l'information juridique (CAIJ) for its implementation of Coveo.
Partnerships & Support
- In 2012, Coveo and Sitecore announced a renewed partnership following a solid record of successful joint implementations. The two companies have partnered to bring more personalized website search, increased relevance and advanced customer engagement to more than 80 customer projects, including GE Healthcare, CA Technologies, PFC Energy and Think Mutual Bank. The Sitecore partnership is an indispensable element in Coveo's strategy to help end users around the world gain the right insight to accomplish their goals.
- Louis Tetu, Chairman and CEO, Coveo: "To say that 2012 was an exciting year for Coveo is an understatement, particularly with the launch of Coveo for Salesforce -- a true game changer. We helped more companies overcome the 'Insight Deficit' of overwhelming, fragmented and disparate data -- caused by the perfect storm of Big Data, exploding social media content and the move of many IT systems to the cloud. Hundreds of Coveo customers around the globe are leveraging collective knowledge to better serve their own customers, increase product innovation and quality, and help employees make more informed decisions. In 2013, our goal is to help our growing number of customers derive actionable insights from their existing data to gain a competitive advantage."
Coveo's advanced, Unified Indexing and Insight platform redefines how people access and share fragmented knowledge around the social enterprise. Coveo brings together the collective and yet fragmented information from social, on-premise, and cloud-based systems, and makes it actionable for every user and customer, every time. Coveo connects people to contextual content, and through content, to relevant people. This enables more efficient customer service, increased sales, shorter sales cycles, faster innovation for better product development and increased profitability. Coveo's advanced, Unified Indexing and Insight platform securely connects with and crawls all systems to create a virtual integration layer, by federating and normalizing structured and unstructured information.
The Company's lines of business bring actionable insight to Customer Service operations, high-end websites for personalized online experiences, and advanced enterprise search initiatives, so that all knowledge workers can tap into the collective knowledge and stop reinventing the wheel. More than 2,000,000 people globally and more than 400 companies use Coveo to achieve their business goals. Among Coveo customers are CA Technologies, L'Oreal Switzerland, Lockheed Martin, YUM! Brands, GEICO and SunGard. For more information, visit www.coveo.com, follow us on Twitter @coveo or like us on Facebook.
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 21st International Cloud Expo®, which will take place October 31-November 2, 2017, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive ad...
Jan. 20, 2017 06:15 AM EST Reads: 1,616
"Plutora provides release and testing environment capabilities to the enterprise," explained Dalibor Siroky, Director and Co-founder of Plutora, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jan. 20, 2017 06:15 AM EST Reads: 3,633
DevOps tends to focus on the relationship between Dev and Ops, putting an emphasis on the ops and application infrastructure. But that’s changing with microservices architectures. In her session at DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, Evangelist for F5 Networks, will focus on how microservices are changing the underlying architectures needed to scale, secure and deliver applications based on highly distributed (micro) services and why that means an expansion into “the network” for DevOps.
Jan. 20, 2017 06:15 AM EST Reads: 5,458
"We are an all-flash array storage provider but our focus has been on VM-aware storage specifically for virtualized applications," stated Dhiraj Sehgal of Tintri in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 20, 2017 05:00 AM EST Reads: 2,472
Choosing the right cloud for your workloads is a balancing act that can cost your organization time, money and aggravation - unless you get it right the first time. Economics, speed, performance, accessibility, administrative needs and security all play a vital role in dictating your approach to the cloud. Without knowing the right questions to ask, you could wind up paying for capacity you'll never need or underestimating the resources required to run your applications.
Jan. 20, 2017 04:00 AM EST Reads: 3,939
WebRTC is about the data channel as much as about video and audio conferencing. However, basically all commercial WebRTC applications have been built with a focus on audio and video. The handling of “data” has been limited to text chat and file download – all other data sharing seems to end with screensharing. What is holding back a more intensive use of peer-to-peer data? In her session at @ThingsExpo, Dr Silvia Pfeiffer, WebRTC Applications Team Lead at National ICT Australia, looked at differ...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:30 AM EST Reads: 5,023
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:15 AM EST Reads: 6,050
Security, data privacy, reliability and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house client hosted environments to a cloud platform. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Vandana Viswanathan, Associate Director at Cognizant, In this session, will provide an orientation to the five stages required to implement a cloud hosted solution validation strategy.
Jan. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 3,658
The security needs of IoT environments require a strong, proven approach to maintain security, trust and privacy in their ecosystem. Assurance and protection of device identity, secure data encryption and authentication are the key security challenges organizations are trying to address when integrating IoT devices. This holds true for IoT applications in a wide range of industries, for example, healthcare, consumer devices, and manufacturing. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Lancen LaChance, vic...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 6,572
With the proliferation of both SQL and NoSQL databases, organizations can now target specific fit-for-purpose database tools for their different application needs regarding scalability, ease of use, ACID support, etc. Platform as a Service offerings make this even easier now, enabling developers to roll out their own database infrastructure in minutes with minimal management overhead. However, this same amount of flexibility also comes with the challenges of picking the right tool, on the right ...
Jan. 20, 2017 02:00 AM EST Reads: 5,329
With all the incredible momentum behind the Internet of Things (IoT) industry, it is easy to forget that not a single CEO wakes up and wonders if “my IoT is broken.” What they wonder is if they are making the right decisions to do all they can to increase revenue, decrease costs, and improve customer experience – effectively the same challenges they have always had in growing their business. The exciting thing about the IoT industry is now these decisions can be better, faster, and smarter. Now ...
Jan. 20, 2017 01:45 AM EST Reads: 4,265
Security, data privacy, reliability, and regulatory compliance are critical factors when evaluating whether to move business applications from in-house, client-hosted environments to a cloud platform. Quality assurance plays a vital role in ensuring that the appropriate level of risk assessment, verification, and validation takes place to ensure business continuity during the migration to a new cloud platform.
Jan. 20, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 1,357
"Splunk basically takes machine data and we make it usable, valuable and accessible for everyone. The way that plays in DevOps is - we need to make data-driven decisions to delivering applications," explained Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk and @DevOpsSummit Conference Chair, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 20, 2017 01:15 AM EST Reads: 2,148
Who are you? How do you introduce yourself? Do you use a name, or do you greet a friend by the last four digits of his social security number? Assuming you don’t, why are we content to associate our identity with 10 random digits assigned by our phone company? Identity is an issue that affects everyone, but as individuals we don’t spend a lot of time thinking about it. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Ben Klang, Founder & President of Mojo Lingo, discussed the impact of technology on identity. Sho...
Jan. 20, 2017 12:45 AM EST Reads: 4,119
A critical component of any IoT project is what to do with all the data being generated. This data needs to be captured, processed, structured, and stored in a way to facilitate different kinds of queries. Traditional data warehouse and analytical systems are mature technologies that can be used to handle certain kinds of queries, but they are not always well suited to many problems, particularly when there is a need for real-time insights.
Jan. 20, 2017 12:00 AM EST Reads: 6,342
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
Jan. 19, 2017 11:45 PM EST Reads: 9,931
WebRTC has had a real tough three or four years, and so have those working with it. Only a few short years ago, the development world were excited about WebRTC and proclaiming how awesome it was. You might have played with the technology a couple of years ago, only to find the extra infrastructure requirements were painful to implement and poorly documented. This probably left a bitter taste in your mouth, especially when things went wrong.
Jan. 19, 2017 09:45 PM EST Reads: 7,712
"We provide DevOps solutions. We also partner with some key players in the DevOps space and we use the technology that we partner with to engineer custom solutions for different organizations," stated Himanshu Chhetri, CTO of Addteq, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 09:00 PM EST Reads: 4,597
WebRTC is bringing significant change to the communications landscape that will bridge the worlds of web and telephony, making the Internet the new standard for communications. Cloud9 took the road less traveled and used WebRTC to create a downloadable enterprise-grade communications platform that is changing the communication dynamic in the financial sector. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Leo Papadopoulos, CTO of Cloud9, discussed the importance of WebRTC and how it enables companies to focus o...
Jan. 19, 2017 07:30 PM EST Reads: 4,244
Web Real-Time Communication APIs have quickly revolutionized what browsers are capable of. In addition to video and audio streams, we can now bi-directionally send arbitrary data over WebRTC's PeerConnection Data Channels. With the advent of Progressive Web Apps and new hardware APIs such as WebBluetooh and WebUSB, we can finally enable users to stitch together the Internet of Things directly from their browsers while communicating privately and securely in a decentralized way.
Jan. 19, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 3,127