|By Marketwired .||
|February 6, 2013 10:36 AM EST||
QUEBEC -- (Marketwire) -- 02/06/13 --
- Coveo today announced it achieved several major milestones in 2012, led by rapidly accelerating demand for the company's highly advanced Enterprise Search technology, built on its award-winning Unified Indexing and Insight platform. Milestones in 2012 included record-setting revenues, cutting-edge product development and multiple industry recognitions.
2012 Adoption and Growth
- During 2012 Coveo achieved consecutive growth, quarter-over-quarter that built throughout the year. The fourth quarter of 2012 was the highest-grossing quarter in the company's history, capping off 40 percent year-over-year growth for the quarter and the year. During 2012, Coveo saw accelerating market adoption of its Unified Indexing and Insight platform, including new brands such as Apex Analytics, Fortinet, FM Global, Golder Associates, Harris Corporation, L'Oreal Switzerland, 3i Group, SOGIQUE, SunGard, and Tokyo Electron Limited (TEL), among many others.
- To support its growing customer base and new phase of growth, Coveo welcomed cloud technology veteran Guy Gauvin as its Chief Operating Officer in September.
- Coveo maintained a rapid pace of innovation in 2012 with the launch of Coveo for Salesforce, an application that transforms service performance. Embedded within the Salesforce Service Cloud User Interface, the application automatically "reads" case information and recommends relevant content and experts to help the agent solve each case quickly and effectively, regardless of where the information resides. Coveo solves the challenge of information fragmentation -- in social media, the cloud, and in enterprise systems -- by instantly assembling and presenting the most relevant information based on the user's context. Deeply embedded in Salesforce and configured specifically for Service Cloud, it solves the pain of users leaving Salesforce to access information from multiple other systems, as well as seeking data from throughout the Salesforce infrastructure. Agents solve customer challenges faster, reducing costs and increasing customer satisfaction.
New Round of Investment
- Coveo secured $18 million in funding in December 2012 in a round led by Tandem Expansion Fund, Canada's largest late-stage technology investment firm. The investment supports Coveo's expansion as the market continues to grow for solutions that enable actionable insight from Big Data.
Industry Awards & Recognition
Industry organizations and the media credited Coveo in 2012 as a technology visionary:
- Customer Magazine's 2012 Product of the Year award for Coveo for Salesforce Beta version.
- TSIA Fall 2012 TechBEST Best in Show at the Technology Services World (TSW) 2012 Service Transformations conference, as voted by the attendees.
- 2012 SIIA CODiE Award for Best Relationship Management Solution -- Coveo's fourth CODiE in five years.
- Bronze Stevie® Award for the "Best New Software Product or Service of the Year" in the Annual International Business Awards.
- Annual 2012 Golden Bridge Awards named Chairman and CEO Louis Tetu a silver medal honoree in the category of "Most Innovative People."
- 2012 Trend-Setting Product by KMWorld, for Advanced Enterprise Search, marking the seventh consecutive year for this award.
- Finalist in the 2012-2013 Cloud Awards Program in the Data Innovation of the Year category.
- The Hugh Lawford Award for Excellence in Legal Publishing went to Coveo customer the Centre d'accès à l'information juridique (CAIJ) for its implementation of Coveo.
Partnerships & Support
- In 2012, Coveo and Sitecore announced a renewed partnership following a solid record of successful joint implementations. The two companies have partnered to bring more personalized website search, increased relevance and advanced customer engagement to more than 80 customer projects, including GE Healthcare, CA Technologies, PFC Energy and Think Mutual Bank. The Sitecore partnership is an indispensable element in Coveo's strategy to help end users around the world gain the right insight to accomplish their goals.
- Louis Tetu, Chairman and CEO, Coveo: "To say that 2012 was an exciting year for Coveo is an understatement, particularly with the launch of Coveo for Salesforce -- a true game changer. We helped more companies overcome the 'Insight Deficit' of overwhelming, fragmented and disparate data -- caused by the perfect storm of Big Data, exploding social media content and the move of many IT systems to the cloud. Hundreds of Coveo customers around the globe are leveraging collective knowledge to better serve their own customers, increase product innovation and quality, and help employees make more informed decisions. In 2013, our goal is to help our growing number of customers derive actionable insights from their existing data to gain a competitive advantage."
Coveo's advanced, Unified Indexing and Insight platform redefines how people access and share fragmented knowledge around the social enterprise. Coveo brings together the collective and yet fragmented information from social, on-premise, and cloud-based systems, and makes it actionable for every user and customer, every time. Coveo connects people to contextual content, and through content, to relevant people. This enables more efficient customer service, increased sales, shorter sales cycles, faster innovation for better product development and increased profitability. Coveo's advanced, Unified Indexing and Insight platform securely connects with and crawls all systems to create a virtual integration layer, by federating and normalizing structured and unstructured information.
The Company's lines of business bring actionable insight to Customer Service operations, high-end websites for personalized online experiences, and advanced enterprise search initiatives, so that all knowledge workers can tap into the collective knowledge and stop reinventing the wheel. More than 2,000,000 people globally and more than 400 companies use Coveo to achieve their business goals. Among Coveo customers are CA Technologies, L'Oreal Switzerland, Lockheed Martin, YUM! Brands, GEICO and SunGard. For more information, visit www.coveo.com, follow us on Twitter @coveo or like us on Facebook.
It's time to face reality: "Americans are from Mars, Europeans are from Venus," and in today's increasingly connected world, understanding "inter-planetary" alignments and deviations is mission-critical for cloud. In her session at 15th Cloud Expo, Evelyn de Souza, Data Privacy and Compliance Strategy Leader at Cisco Systems, discussed cultural expectations of privacy based on new research across these elements
Jan. 25, 2015 09:15 AM EST Reads: 2,021
Mobile, the cloud and data have upended traditional ways of doing business. Agile, continuous delivery and DevOps have stepped in to hasten product development, but one crucial process still hasn't caught up. Continuous content delivery is the missing limb of the success ecosystem. Currently workers spend countless, non-value add hours working in independent silos, hunting for versions, manually pushing documents between platforms, all while trying to manage the continuous update and flow of mul...
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,134
Over the last few years the healthcare ecosystem has revolved around innovations in Electronic Health Record (HER) based systems. This evolution has helped us achieve much desired interoperability. Now the focus is shifting to other equally important aspects - scalability and performance. While applying cloud computing environments to the EHR systems, a special consideration needs to be given to the cloud enablement of Veterans Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VistA), i.e....
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,446
"At Harbinger we do products as well as services. Our services are with helping companies move their products to the cloud operating systems. Some of the challenges we have seen as far as cloud adoption goes are in the cloud security space," noted Shrikant Pattathil, Executive Vice President at Harbinger Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,029
After a couple of false starts, cloud-based desktop solutions are picking up steam, driven by trends such as BYOD and pervasive high-speed connectivity. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, cut through the hype and the acronyms, and discussed the emergence of full-featured cloud workspaces that do for the desktop what cloud infrastructure did for the server. He also discussed VDI vs DaaS, implementation strategies and evaluation criteria.
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,251
Things are being built upon cloud foundations to transform organizations. This CEO Power Panel at 15th Cloud Expo, moderated by Roger Strukhoff, Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo conference chair, addressed the big issues involving these technologies and, more important, the results they will achieve. Rodney Rogers, chairman and CEO of Virtustream; Brendan O'Brien, co-founder of Aria Systems, Bart Copeland, president and CEO of ActiveState Software; Jim Cowie, chief scientist at Dyn; Dave Wagstaff, VP ...
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,346
“The year of the cloud – we have no idea when it's really happening but we think it's happening now. For those technology providers like Zentera that are helping enterprises move to the cloud - it's been fun to watch," noted Mike Loftus, VP Product Management and Marketing at Zentera Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,727
Bring the world's best IaaS to the world's best PaaS. In their session at 15th Cloud Expo, Animesh Singh, a Senior Cloud Architect and Strategist for IBM Cloud Labs, and Jason Anderson, a Cloud Architect for IBM Cloud Labs, shared their experiences running Cloud Foundry on OpenStack. They focused on how Cloud Foundry and OpenStack complement each other, how they technically integrate using cloud provider interface (CPI), how we could automate an OpenStack setup for Cloud Foundry deployments, an...
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,192
"Application monitoring and intelligence can smooth the path in a DevOps environment. In a DevOps environment you see constant change. If you are trying to monitor things in a constantly changing environment, you're going to spend a lot of your job fixing your monitoring," explained Todd Rader, Solutions Architect at AppDynamics, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,425
"Desktop as a Service is emerging as a very big trend. One of the big influencers of this – for Esri – is that we have a large user base that uses virtualization and they are looking at Desktop as a Service right now," explained John Meza, Product Engineer at Esri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,017
The consumption economy is here and so are cloud applications and solutions that offer more than subscription and flat fee models and at the same time are available on a pure consumption model, which not only reduces IT spend but also lowers infrastructure costs, and offers ease of use and availability. In their session at 15th Cloud Expo, Ermanno Bonifazi, CEO & Founder of Solgenia, and Ian Khan, Global Strategic Positioning & Brand Manager at Solgenia, discussed this shifting dynamic with an ...
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 1,919
More and more file-based and machine generated data is being created every day causing exponential data and content growth, and creating a management nightmare for IT managers. What data centers really need to cope with this growth is a purpose-built tiered archive appliance that enables users to establish a single storage target for all of their applications - an appliance that will intelligently place and move data to and between storage tiers based on user-defined policies. In her session a...
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,262
Recurring revenue models are great for driving new business in every market sector, but they are complex and need to be effectively managed to maximize profits. How you handle the range of options for pricing, co-terming and proration will ultimately determine the fate of your bottom line. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Brendan O'Brien, Co-founder at Aria Systems, session examined: How time impacts recurring revenue How to effectively handle customer plan changes The range of pricing a...
Jan. 25, 2015 09:00 AM EST Reads: 2,348
IBM has announced a new strategic technology services agreement with Anthem, Inc., a health benefits company in the U.S. IBM has been selected to provide operational services for Anthem's mainframe and data center server and storage infrastructure for the next five years. Among the benefits of the relationship, Anthem has the ability to leverage IBM Cloud solutions that will help increase the ease, availability and speed of adding infrastructure to support new business requirements.
Jan. 25, 2015 08:00 AM EST Reads: 1,072
CodeFutures has announced Dan Lynn as its new CEO. Lynn assumes the role from Founder Cory Isaacson, who has joined RMS and will now serve as chairman of CodeFutures. Lynn brings more than 14 years of advanced technology and business success experience, and will help CodeFutures build on its industry leadership around its Agile Big Data initiatives. His technical expertise will be invaluable in advancing CodeFutures’ AgilData platform and new processes for streamlining and gaining value from gro...
Jan. 25, 2015 07:00 AM EST Reads: 1,326
Datapipe has acquired GoGrid, a provider of multi-cloud solutions for Big Data deployments. GoGrid’s proprietary orchestration and automation technologies provide 1-Button deployment for Big Data solutions that speed creation and results of new cloud projects. “GoGrid has made it easy for companies to stand up Big Data solutions quickly,” said Robb Allen, CEO, Datapipe. “Datapipe customers will achieve significant value from the speed at which we can now create new Big Data projects in the clou...
Jan. 25, 2015 03:30 AM EST Reads: 1,500
“DevOps is really about the business. The business is under pressure today, competitively in the marketplace to respond to the expectations of the customer. The business is driving IT and the problem is that IT isn't responding fast enough," explained Mark Levy, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Serena Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Jan. 25, 2015 03:00 AM EST Reads: 2,078
Code Halos - aka "digital fingerprints" - are the key organizing principle to understand a) how dumb things become smart and b) how to monetize this dynamic. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Robert Brown, AVP, Center for the Future of Work at Cognizant Technology Solutions, outlined research, analysis and recommendations from his recently published book on this phenomena on the way leading edge organizations like GE and Disney are unlocking the Internet of Things opportunity and what steps your o...
Jan. 25, 2015 02:00 AM EST Reads: 2,638
The Industrial Internet revolution is now underway, enabled by connected machines and billions of devices that communicate and collaborate. The massive amounts of Big Data requiring real-time analysis is flooding legacy IT systems and giving way to cloud environments that can handle the unpredictable workloads. Yet many barriers remain until we can fully realize the opportunities and benefits from the convergence of machines and devices with Big Data and the cloud, including interoperability, ...
Jan. 25, 2015 01:45 AM EST Reads: 2,235
In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect at GE, and Ibrahim Gokcen, who leads GE's advanced IoT analytics, focused on the Internet of Things / Industrial Internet and how to make it operational for business end-users. Learn about the challenges posed by machine and sensor data and how to marry it with enterprise data. They also discussed the tips and tricks to provide the Industrial Internet as an end-user consumable service using Big Data Analytics and Industrial C...
Jan. 25, 2015 01:00 AM EST Reads: 2,441