|By Marketwired .||
|February 8, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/08/13 -- Appirio, a global cloud services provider, today announced business highlights from 2012 and key investment areas for this year. In 2013 Appirio will continue growing its core capabilities in human capital management, customer relationship management and collaboration, and will also increase investment in its Cloud Enablement Suite, Cloud Management and CloudSpokes crowdsourcing community.
"In 2012, Appirio grew more than 50 percent year over year, serving some of the world's biggest brands, while substantially growing our team and offerings," said Chris Barbin, CEO of Appirio. "We made some significant investments in 2012 to expand our global reach, capabilities and unique delivery model, and we expect that to continue in 2013. Enterprises need a partner that understands and exemplifies the transformational impact cloud, social and mobile can have on a business -- we aim to be that partner now and for many years to come."
- Increased bookings by 50 percent year-over-year.
- Signed 100+ new customers, including companies such as 1-800-FLOWERS.com, Intuit, Kelly Services, Manpower, The McGraw Hill Company, The Men's Warehouse, Sprouts Farmers Markets and Virgin America, while growing existing relationships.
- Closed $60 million in Series D funding led by global growth investor General Atlantic, with participation from existing investors Sequoia Capital and GGV Capital.
- Acquired Knowledge Infusion, a well regarded expert in HR and change management processes, effectively making Appirio the world's largest cloud-powered Human Capital Management (HCM) consultancy.
- Opened a new office and cloud development center in Indianapolis that has drawn support from the State, partners and made a commitment to bring at least 300 jobs to the City of Indianapolis during the next three years. Appirio now has nearly 600 cloud experts in five countries spanning the U.S., Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Grew CloudSpokes, the world's first and only crowdsourcing community focused exclusively on cross-cloud development, to more than 72,000 members from across 100 countries who have completed nearly 600 development challenges.
- Increased the customer base of Appirio's CloudFactor and CloudSync applications by 750 percent, helping thousands of new users get more from their Salesforce CRM and Google Apps investments.
- Contributed more than 3,000 hours and $170,000.00 to 100 non-profit organizations around the globe through its Silver Lining philanthropic initiative. Appirio's annual "Future of the Cloud Day" assisted more than 82 charities, including Architecture for Humanity, Playworks, Project Linus and UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital.
- Received a number of awards and accolades, including being named by The Wall Street Journal as the "Next Big Thing."
2013 Focus Areas:
This year Appirio will evolve and scale innovations that continue to differentiate the company, disrupt the way cloud services are delivered, and most importantly, help customers see business value fast.
- The CloudSpokes community and platform will not only be used as an extensible resource to Appirio's internal team, it will increasingly be used to help independent software vendors (ISVs) and large enterprises incorporate crowdsourcing into their own IT process.
- Appirio will extend its Cloud Enablement Suite (CES) of applications, assets and analytical capabilities to help customers implement, manage and measure cloud initiatives across even more cloud applications and platforms. CES components, such as Appirio Cloud Metrics, will evolve to bring more data and science to cloud deployments.
Appirio will also use 2013 to grow its team, services and offerings to help clients with a broader lifecycle of cloud, social and mobile initiatives across every function.
- Appirio's HCM practice will expand to help businesses make people-based processes less tactical and more transformational -- across every functional area. For example, Appirio recently announced a strategic relationship with Cornerstone OnDemand, becoming a preferred service provider for Cornerstone's cloud-based talent management solutions.
- Appirio On-demand Services will be broadened to ensure customers can access key expertise throughout their lifecycle from strategy (Advisory Services) to post-production processes (Cloud Management).
- Appirio will continue to expand its global development centers to support these initiatives and a growing number of CRM, HCM, collaboration and mobile-focused customer engagements.
"In an enterprise landscape dominated by all things 'cloud,' Appirio has continued to stand out and show companies how they can do things differently," said Brett Rochkind, Appirio board member and managing director of General Atlantic. "Their ability to show customers a better way with new delivery methods and technologies, including crowdsourcing development work with their CloudSpokes community, gives Appirio a leg up over both traditional Global Systems Integrators and cloud-focused service providers."
Appirio is a global services provider who uses crowdsourcing and cloud, social and mobile technology to help enterprises reimagine their business and become more agile. Appirio brings together technology expertise with a deep understanding of the way people work, and the nearly limitless skills of a crowdsourcing community of 70,000+ developers, to help enterprises transform relationships with their customers, partners and workforce. Appirio has worked with more than 500 enterprises, including organizations like Facebook, Intuit, Japan Post Network, L'Oreal, McGraw-Hill, NetApp, The Four Seasons, and Virgin America. The company is backed by Sequoia Capital, GGV Capital and General Atlantic.
Email: [email protected]
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 9, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 876
Whether your IoT service is connecting cars, homes, appliances, wearable, cameras or other devices, one question hangs in the balance – how do you actually make money from this service? The ability to turn your IoT service into profit requires the ability to create a monetization strategy that is flexible, scalable and working for you in real-time. It must be a transparent, smoothly implemented strategy that all stakeholders – from customers to the board – will be able to understand and comprehe...
Dec. 9, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 684
"We are the public cloud providers. We are currently providing 50% of the resources they need for doing e-commerce business in China and we are hosting about 60% of mobile gaming in China," explained Yi Zheng, CPO and VP of Engineering at CDS Global Cloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 9, 2016 12:00 AM EST Reads: 1,171
"Once customers get a year into their IoT deployments, they start to realize that they may have been shortsighted in the ways they built out their deployment and the key thing I see a lot of people looking at is - how can I take equipment data, pull it back in an IoT solution and show it in a dashboard," stated Dave McCarthy, Director of Products at Bsquare Corporation, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 09:45 PM EST Reads: 1,237
In IT, we sometimes coin terms for things before we know exactly what they are and how they’ll be used. The resulting terms may capture a common set of aspirations and goals – as “cloud” did broadly for on-demand, self-service, and flexible computing. But such a term can also lump together diverse and even competing practices, technologies, and priorities to the point where important distinctions are glossed over and lost.
Dec. 8, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,670
What happens when the different parts of a vehicle become smarter than the vehicle itself? As we move toward the era of smart everything, hundreds of entities in a vehicle that communicate with each other, the vehicle and external systems create a need for identity orchestration so that all entities work as a conglomerate. Much like an orchestra without a conductor, without the ability to secure, control, and connect the link between a vehicle’s head unit, devices, and systems and to manage the ...
Dec. 8, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 959
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of Soli...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:30 PM EST Reads: 1,891
Complete Internet of Things (IoT) embedded device security is not just about the device but involves the entire product’s identity, data and control integrity, and services traversing the cloud. A device can no longer be looked at as an island; it is a part of a system. In fact, given the cross-domain interactions enabled by IoT it could be a part of many systems. Also, depending on where the device is deployed, for example, in the office building versus a factory floor or oil field, security ha...
Dec. 8, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 331
Amazon has gradually rolled out parts of its IoT offerings in the last year, but these are just the tip of the iceberg. In addition to optimizing their back-end AWS offerings, Amazon is laying the ground work to be a major force in IoT – especially in the connected home and office. Amazon is extending its reach by building on its dominant Cloud IoT platform, its Dash Button strategy, recently announced Replenishment Services, the Echo/Alexa voice recognition control platform, the 6-7 strategic...
Dec. 8, 2016 07:15 PM EST Reads: 392
"Qosmos has launched L7Viewer, a network traffic analysis tool, so it analyzes all the traffic between the virtual machine and the data center and the virtual machine and the external world," stated Sebastien Synold, Product Line Manager at Qosmos, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 06:45 PM EST Reads: 956
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service. In his session at 19th Cloud Exp...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 951
Everyone knows that truly innovative companies learn as they go along, pushing boundaries in response to market changes and demands. What's more of a mystery is how to balance innovation on a fresh platform built from scratch with the legacy tech stack, product suite and customers that continue to serve as the business' foundation. In his General Session at 19th Cloud Expo, Michael Chambliss, Head of Engineering at ReadyTalk, discussed why and how ReadyTalk diverted from healthy revenue and mor...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:45 PM EST Reads: 1,726
As data explodes in quantity, importance and from new sources, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and cloud environments grow with it. Managing data includes protecting it, indexing and classifying it for true, long-term management, compliance and E-Discovery. Commvault can ensure this with a single pane of glass solution – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enter...
Dec. 8, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,822
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,255
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,851
"We are a leader in the market space called network visibility solutions - it enables monitoring tools and Big Data analysis to access the data and be able to see the performance," explained Shay Morag, VP of Sales and Marketing at Niagara Networks, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 407
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,976
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor - all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 322
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 2,321
"We are a modern development application platform and we have a suite of products that allow you to application release automation, we do version control, and we do application life cycle management," explained Flint Brenton, CEO of CollabNet, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:00 PM EST Reads: 1,085