|By Marketwired .||
|February 8, 2013 09:00 AM EST||
SAN FRANCISCO, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/08/13 -- Appirio, a global cloud services provider, today announced business highlights from 2012 and key investment areas for this year. In 2013 Appirio will continue growing its core capabilities in human capital management, customer relationship management and collaboration, and will also increase investment in its Cloud Enablement Suite, Cloud Management and CloudSpokes crowdsourcing community.
"In 2012, Appirio grew more than 50 percent year over year, serving some of the world's biggest brands, while substantially growing our team and offerings," said Chris Barbin, CEO of Appirio. "We made some significant investments in 2012 to expand our global reach, capabilities and unique delivery model, and we expect that to continue in 2013. Enterprises need a partner that understands and exemplifies the transformational impact cloud, social and mobile can have on a business -- we aim to be that partner now and for many years to come."
- Increased bookings by 50 percent year-over-year.
- Signed 100+ new customers, including companies such as 1-800-FLOWERS.com, Intuit, Kelly Services, Manpower, The McGraw Hill Company, The Men's Warehouse, Sprouts Farmers Markets and Virgin America, while growing existing relationships.
- Closed $60 million in Series D funding led by global growth investor General Atlantic, with participation from existing investors Sequoia Capital and GGV Capital.
- Acquired Knowledge Infusion, a well regarded expert in HR and change management processes, effectively making Appirio the world's largest cloud-powered Human Capital Management (HCM) consultancy.
- Opened a new office and cloud development center in Indianapolis that has drawn support from the State, partners and made a commitment to bring at least 300 jobs to the City of Indianapolis during the next three years. Appirio now has nearly 600 cloud experts in five countries spanning the U.S., Europe and Asia Pacific.
- Grew CloudSpokes, the world's first and only crowdsourcing community focused exclusively on cross-cloud development, to more than 72,000 members from across 100 countries who have completed nearly 600 development challenges.
- Increased the customer base of Appirio's CloudFactor and CloudSync applications by 750 percent, helping thousands of new users get more from their Salesforce CRM and Google Apps investments.
- Contributed more than 3,000 hours and $170,000.00 to 100 non-profit organizations around the globe through its Silver Lining philanthropic initiative. Appirio's annual "Future of the Cloud Day" assisted more than 82 charities, including Architecture for Humanity, Playworks, Project Linus and UCSF Benioff Children's Hospital.
- Received a number of awards and accolades, including being named by The Wall Street Journal as the "Next Big Thing."
2013 Focus Areas:
This year Appirio will evolve and scale innovations that continue to differentiate the company, disrupt the way cloud services are delivered, and most importantly, help customers see business value fast.
- The CloudSpokes community and platform will not only be used as an extensible resource to Appirio's internal team, it will increasingly be used to help independent software vendors (ISVs) and large enterprises incorporate crowdsourcing into their own IT process.
- Appirio will extend its Cloud Enablement Suite (CES) of applications, assets and analytical capabilities to help customers implement, manage and measure cloud initiatives across even more cloud applications and platforms. CES components, such as Appirio Cloud Metrics, will evolve to bring more data and science to cloud deployments.
Appirio will also use 2013 to grow its team, services and offerings to help clients with a broader lifecycle of cloud, social and mobile initiatives across every function.
- Appirio's HCM practice will expand to help businesses make people-based processes less tactical and more transformational -- across every functional area. For example, Appirio recently announced a strategic relationship with Cornerstone OnDemand, becoming a preferred service provider for Cornerstone's cloud-based talent management solutions.
- Appirio On-demand Services will be broadened to ensure customers can access key expertise throughout their lifecycle from strategy (Advisory Services) to post-production processes (Cloud Management).
- Appirio will continue to expand its global development centers to support these initiatives and a growing number of CRM, HCM, collaboration and mobile-focused customer engagements.
"In an enterprise landscape dominated by all things 'cloud,' Appirio has continued to stand out and show companies how they can do things differently," said Brett Rochkind, Appirio board member and managing director of General Atlantic. "Their ability to show customers a better way with new delivery methods and technologies, including crowdsourcing development work with their CloudSpokes community, gives Appirio a leg up over both traditional Global Systems Integrators and cloud-focused service providers."
Appirio is a global services provider who uses crowdsourcing and cloud, social and mobile technology to help enterprises reimagine their business and become more agile. Appirio brings together technology expertise with a deep understanding of the way people work, and the nearly limitless skills of a crowdsourcing community of 70,000+ developers, to help enterprises transform relationships with their customers, partners and workforce. Appirio has worked with more than 500 enterprises, including organizations like Facebook, Intuit, Japan Post Network, L'Oreal, McGraw-Hill, NetApp, The Four Seasons, and Virgin America. The company is backed by Sequoia Capital, GGV Capital and General Atlantic.
Email: [email protected]
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, demonstrated how to move beyond today's coding paradigm and shared the must-have mindsets for removing complexity from the develo...
Jul. 26, 2016 02:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,297
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Jul. 26, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,187
SYS-CON Events announced today that MangoApps will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. MangoApps provides modern company intranets and team collaboration software, allowing workers to stay connected and productive from anywhere in the world and from any device.
Jul. 26, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,296
“We're a global managed hosting provider. Our core customer set is a U.S.-based customer that is looking to go global,” explained Adam Rogers, Managing Director at ANEXIA, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,686
"This week we're really focusing on scalability, asset preservation and how do you back up to the cloud and in the cloud with object storage, which is really a new way of attacking dealing with your file, your blocked data, where you put it and how you access it," stated Jeff Greenwald, Senior Director of Market Development at HGST, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,472
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 26, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,517
In today's uber-connected, consumer-centric, cloud-enabled, insights-driven, multi-device, global world, the focus of solutions has shifted from the product that is sold to the person who is buying the product or service. Enterprises have rebranded their business around the consumers of their products. The buyer is the person and the focus is not on the offering. The person is connected through multiple devices, wearables, at home, on the road, and in multiple locations, sometimes simultaneously...
Jul. 26, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 629
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Jul. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,144
“delaPlex Software provides software outsourcing services. We have a hybrid model where we have onshore developers and project managers that we can place anywhere in the U.S. or in Europe,” explained Manish Sachdeva, CEO at delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @ThingsExpo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,540
"We've discovered that after shows 80% if leads that people get, 80% of the conversations end up on the show floor, meaning people forget about it, people forget who they talk to, people forget that there are actual business opportunities to be had here so we try to help out and keep the conversations going," explained Jeff Mesnik, Founder and President of ContentMX, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,310
From wearable activity trackers to fantasy e-sports, data and technology are transforming the way athletes train for the game and fans engage with their teams. In his session at @ThingsExpo, will present key data findings from leading sports organizations San Francisco 49ers, Orlando Magic NBA team. By utilizing data analytics these sports orgs have recognized new revenue streams, doubled its fan base and streamlined costs at its stadiums. John Paul is the CEO and Founder of VenueNext. Prior ...
Jul. 25, 2016 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,014
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Jul. 25, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,032
"We view the cloud not really as a specific technology but as a way of doing business and that way of doing business is transforming the way software, infrastructure and services are being delivered to business," explained Matthew Rosen, CEO and Director at Fusion, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,519
"When you think about the data center today, there's constant evolution, The evolution of the data center and the needs of the consumer of technology change, and they change constantly," stated Matt Kalmenson, VP of Sales, Service and Cloud Providers at Veeam Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,304
Organizations planning enterprise data center consolidation and modernization projects are faced with a challenging, costly reality. Requirements to deploy modern, cloud-native applications simultaneously with traditional client/server applications are almost impossible to achieve with hardware-centric enterprise infrastructure. Compute and network infrastructure are fast moving down a software-defined path, but storage has been a laggard. Until now.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,682
Continuous testing helps bridge the gap between developing quickly and maintaining high quality products. But to implement continuous testing, CTOs must take a strategic approach to building a testing infrastructure and toolset that empowers their team to move fast. Download our guide to laying the groundwork for a scalable continuous testing strategy.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,928
Let’s face it, embracing new storage technologies, capabilities and upgrading to new hardware often adds complexity and increases costs. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Seth Oxenhorn, Vice President of Business Development & Alliances at FalconStor, discussed how a truly heterogeneous software-defined storage approach can add value to legacy platforms and heterogeneous environments. The result reduces complexity, significantly lowers cost, and provides IT organizations with improved efficienc...
Jul. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,947
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,506
The IoT is changing the way enterprises conduct business. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Eric Hoffman, Vice President at EastBanc Technologies, discussed how businesses can gain an edge over competitors by empowering consumers to take control through IoT. He cited examples such as a Washington, D.C.-based sports club that leveraged IoT and the cloud to develop a comprehensive booking system. He also highlighted how IoT can revitalize and restore outdated business models, making them profitable ...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,941
The cloud competition for database hosts is fierce. How do you evaluate a cloud provider for your database platform? In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Chris Presley, a Solutions Architect at Pythian, gave users a checklist of considerations when choosing a provider. Chris Presley is a Solutions Architect at Pythian. He loves order – making him a premier Microsoft SQL Server expert. Not only has he programmed and administered SQL Server, but he has also shared his expertise and passion with b...
Jul. 25, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,921