|By Marketwired .||
|February 14, 2013 03:55 PM EST||
MANCHESTER, NH -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/13 -- Newforma, a project information management (PIM) software company transforming building and infrastructure project delivery, today announced a major new release of its industry-proven PIM solution, including the tenth edition of its enterprise PIM software, Newforma® Project Center; its web-based construction management and collaboration software, Newforma® Project Cloud; and a new suite of integrated tools for tablets and smartphones, Newforma® Mobile Apps. The combination delivers the industry's first and only integrated PIM solution that allows project teams to manage and synchronize project information at the office, in the cloud, and on the go.
Tweet this: @Newforma Delivers AEC industry's first and only integrated PIM solution to manage project information anywhere
Customers validate Newforma PIM solution
Customers participating in the Limited Commercial Release program have been using the new and updated products on active projects for several weeks. They report that the new products are more connected than ever, increasing transparency and reducing cycle time while mitigating cost and risk.
Clint Graham is president of Lincoln Builders of Ruston, Louisiana. "A big problem in our industry is the disconnection between the office and the field," Graham said. "Newforma is giving us a competitive advantage by connecting field operations with office operations. It ensures we're always working from the same information about plans, field conditions, punch lists and personnel, whether we're in the office or at the job site.
"Newforma software has already improved collaboration by making it easy for team members to share project information in the office," Graham said. "Having that same integration between the office and the field is a big win for us."
Matthew Deyo, a systems manager with Bruner/Cott Architects and Planners of Boston, voiced a perspective borne of experience. "I will admit that in the beginning, almost six years ago, I considered Newforma to be a crutch that our users would not need if they were only a bit more organized," Deyo said. "But now, when I'm encouraging project partners to implement Newforma software, I ask them, 'How much is automatic and consistent organization worth? How about the most responsive service you've ever been able to provide to owners and partners?'
"Newforma customer support is exceptional, too," Deyo said. "Over the years we have seen many requests turned into features and entirely new modules, including with this latest edition. I can't say that of any other software vendor I use."
Newforma connects A, E, C and O
Newforma holds true to its vision for connecting project team members across all four segments of the industry -- architecture, engineering, construction and owners -- and delivers products tailored for each in a single, integrated PIM solution. Highlights include:
- Integration of enterprise software with project software: Enhanced Newforma-to-Newforma technology enables customers using Newforma Project Center and Newforma Contract Management to interact seamlessly with RFIs and submittals hosted by Newforma Project Cloud.
- Newforma Project Center integration with cloud storage solutions: The enterprise software integrates with popular cloud storage solutions, including Dropbox, Box, and Google Drive, to provide additional flexibility and ease for customers wishing to use those third-party tools for file transfers and sharing folders.
- Enhanced BIM support: Newforma® Building Information Management, an add-on module to Newforma Project Center, delivers full support for BIM, including the ability to publish and view 3D model data from both Revit and AutoCAD design software. For more information, visit the Newforma Building Information Management page at newforma.com.
- Streamlined construction administration management: The ability for project managers to quantify the impact of potential change orders and to quickly compile and record daily reports are among the new features in the enhanced Newforma Contract Management add-on module. For more information, visit the Newforma Contract Management page at newforma.com.
- Enhanced cloud-based construction project management: Newforma continues to enhance Newforma Project Cloud, which enables project team members to coordinate documentation and communication among themselves -- subcontractors, contractors, designers, consultants and owners -- without adding IT infrastructure.
- A new suite of mobile apps: Newforma Mobile Apps enable access to project team information, project documents, and field reports via smartphone and tablet devices. (A more complete summary of Newforma Mobile Apps is coming later this quarter.)
- Newforma Project Center integration with Newforma Mobile Apps: The enterprise PIM software is integrated with the mobile apps in that information and workflows from the field are automatically synchronized with Newforma-managed project information in the office. Add and update plans, team members, notes and other information in one place and it's available in the other.
- Updated Newforma Project Center enterprise software: In addition to integrating Newforma Project Center with Newforma Project Cloud and Newforma Mobile Apps, Newforma also enhanced the flagship software in its own right with new and improved features, including new web markup capabilities on Newforma® Info Exchange websites, new user-defined custom fields, additional language support, performance improvements in Newforma Viewer and more. For a comprehensive overview, see What's New in Newforma Project Center.
"Newforma continues to hold true to its principle of engaging and listening to customers to guide product development," said Newforma Co-founder and Executive Vice President of Strategy Bob Batcheler. "In addition to the capabilities for which Newforma Project Center has become well-known, such as project email management, seamless file transfer and project search, AECO firms now require the ability to perform these tasks and more regardless of where they are or what devices they are using to perform their work. Furthermore, they require their activities to synchronize across the enterprise, in the cloud and with their mobile devices. As a result, Newforma made several strategic investments in the past year. This product release is focused on deeper integration between Newforma Project Center, Newforma Project Cloud, Newforma Mobile Apps, and Newforma Info Exchange to make managing project information more seamless than ever before. Now Newforma customers can manage project information whether their workflows are on premise, in the cloud, or on mobile devices, with complete confidence that the information is current."
All new products are available for purchase now, with implementation commencing in April, 2013.
Newforma develops, sells and supports project information management (PIM) software for architecture, engineering and construction firms worldwide, and the owners they serve. Newforma is the first industry-focused and integrated solution to connect firms to each other, to their project information, to their processes, and to remote team members, all for the purpose of more successful project delivery. Firms in the Newforma Project Network are using Newforma software to manage information on more than one million projects, raising productivity, reducing exposure to risk, strengthening their brands, and freeing time and attention to focus on design, construction, and client service. For more information about Newforma, visit www.newforma.com, or phone +1 603-625-6212.
© 2013 Newforma, Inc. Newforma is a registered trademark of Newforma, Inc., in the United States and in other countries. Revit and AutoCAD are registered marks of Autodesk. All other brands or products are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders and should be treated as such.
As more applications and services move "to the cloud" (public or on-premise) cloud environments are increasingly adopting and building out traditional enterprise features. This in turn is enabling and encouraging cloud adoption from enterprise users. In many ways the definition is blurring as features like continuous operation, geo-distribution or on-demand capacity become the norm. NuoDB is involved in both building enterprise software and using enterprise cloud capabilities. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Seth Proctor, CTO at NuoDB, Inc., will discuss the experiences from building, deploying and using enterprise services and suggest some ways to approach moving enterprise applications into a cloud model.
Aug. 20, 2014 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,952
Until recently, many organizations required specialized departments to perform mapping and geospatial analysis, and they used Esri on-premise solutions for that work. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Dave Peters, author of the Esri Press book Building a GIS, System Architecture Design Strategies for Managers, will discuss how Esri has successfully included the cloud as a fully integrated SaaS expansion of the ArcGIS mapping platform. Organizations that have incorporated Esri cloud-based applications and content within their business models are reaping huge benefits by directly leveraging cloud-based mapping and analysis capabilities within their existing enterprise investments. The ArcGIS mapping platform includes cloud-based content management and information resources to more widely, efficiently, and affordably deliver real-time actionable information and analysis capabilities to your organization.
Aug. 20, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,003
In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Hinkle, Senior Director, Open Source Solutions at Citrix Systems Inc., will provide overview of the open source software that can be used to deploy and manage a cloud computing environment. He will include information on storage, networking(e.g., OpenDaylight) and compute virtualization (Xen, KVM, LXC) and the orchestration(Apache CloudStack, OpenStack) of the three to build their own cloud services. Speaker Bio: Mark Hinkle is the Senior Director, Open Source Solutions, at Citrix Systems Inc. He joined Citrix as a result of their July 2011 acquisition of Cloud.com where he was their Vice President of Community. He is currently responsible for Citrix open source efforts around the open source cloud computing platform, Apache CloudStack and the Xen Hypervisor. Previously he was the VP of Community at Zenoss Inc., a producer of the open source application, server, and network management software, where he grew the Zenoss Core project to over 10...
Aug. 17, 2014 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,889
Almost everyone sees the potential of Internet of Things but how can businesses truly unlock that potential. The key will be in the ability to discover business insight in the midst of an ocean of Big Data generated from billions of embedded devices via Systems of Discover. Businesses will also need to ensure that they can sustain that insight by leveraging the cloud for global reach, scale and elasticity. In his session at Internet of @ThingsExpo, Mac Devine, Distinguished Engineer at IBM, will discuss bringing these three elements together via Systems of Discover.
Aug. 17, 2014 02:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,021
Cloud and Big Data present unique dilemmas: embracing the benefits of these new technologies while maintaining the security of your organization’s assets. When an outside party owns, controls and manages your infrastructure and computational resources, how can you be assured that sensitive data remains private and secure? How do you best protect data in mixed use cloud and big data infrastructure sets? Can you still satisfy the full range of reporting, compliance and regulatory requirements? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Derek Tumulak, Vice President of Product Management at Vormetric, will discuss how to address data security in cloud and Big Data environments so that your organization isn’t next week’s data breach headline.
Aug. 16, 2014 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,574
The cloud is everywhere and growing, and with it SaaS has become an accepted means for software delivery. SaaS is more than just a technology, it is a thriving business model estimated to be worth around $53 billion dollars by 2015, according to IDC. The question is – how do you build and scale a profitable SaaS business model? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Jason Cumberland, Vice President, SaaS Solutions at Dimension Data, will give the audience an understanding of common mistakes businesses make when transitioning to SaaS; how to avoid them; and how to build a profitable and scalable SaaS business.
Aug. 16, 2014 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,233
SYS-CON Events announced today that Gridstore™, the leader in software-defined storage (SDS) purpose-built for Windows Servers and Hyper-V, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Gridstore™ is the leader in software-defined storage purpose built for virtualization that is designed to accelerate applications in virtualized environments. Using its patented Server-Side Virtual Controller™ Technology (SVCT) to eliminate the I/O blender effect and accelerate applications Gridstore delivers vmOptimized™ Storage that self-optimizes to each application or VM across both virtual and physical environments. Leveraging a grid architecture, Gridstore delivers the first end-to-end storage QoS to ensure the most important App or VM performance is never compromised. The storage grid, that uses Gridstore’s performance optimized nodes or capacity optimized nodes, starts with as few a...
Aug. 15, 2014 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,485
SYS-CON Events announced today that Solgenia, the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Solgenia is the global market leader in Cloud Collaboration and Cloud Infrastructure software solutions. Designed to “Bridge the Gap” between personal and professional social, mobile and cloud user experiences, our solutions help large and medium-sized organizations dramatically improve productivity, reduce collaboration costs, and increase the overall enterprise value by bringing collaboration and infrastructure solutions to the cloud.
Aug. 15, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,488
Cloud computing started a technology revolution; now DevOps is driving that revolution forward. By enabling new approaches to service delivery, cloud and DevOps together are delivering even greater speed, agility, and efficiency. No wonder leading innovators are adopting DevOps and cloud together! In his session at DevOps Summit, Andi Mann, Vice President of Strategic Solutions at CA Technologies, will explore the synergies in these two approaches, with practical tips, techniques, research data, war stories, case studies, and recommendations.
Aug. 13, 2014 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,413
Enterprises require the performance, agility and on-demand access of the public cloud, and the management, security and compatibility of the private cloud. The solution? In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Simone Brunozzi, VP and Chief Technologist(global role) for VMware, will explore how to unlock the power of the hybrid cloud and the steps to get there. He'll discuss the challenges that conventional approaches to both public and private cloud computing, and outline the tough decisions that must be made to accelerate the journey to the hybrid cloud. As part of the transition, an Infrastructure-as-a-Service model will enable enterprise IT to build services beyond their data center while owning what gets moved, when to move it, and for how long. IT can then move forward on what matters most to the organization that it supports – availability, agility and efficiency.
Aug. 12, 2014 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,631
Every healthy ecosystem is diverse. This is especially true in cloud ecosystems, where portability and interoperability are more important than old enterprise models of proprietary ownership. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Mark Baker, Server Product Manager at Canonical/Ubuntu, will discuss how single vendors used to take the lead in creating and delivering technology, but in a cloud economy, where users want tools of their preference, when and where they need them, it makes no sense.
Aug. 11, 2014 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,509
The 15th International Cloud Expo has just expanded its conference program, to bring together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC at one location. Cloud Expo is the single show where delegates and technology vendors can meet to experience and discuss the entire world of the cloud. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to learn about the latest technology developments and solutions.
Aug. 11, 2014 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,274
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare Corporation, a leading enabler of smart connected systems, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's Internet of @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Bsquare is a global leader of embedded software solutions. We enable smart connected systems at the device level and beyond that millions use every day and provide actionable data solutions for the growing Internet of Things (IoT) market. We empower our world-class customers with our products, services and solutions to achieve innovation and success.
Aug. 11, 2014 06:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,906
SYS-CON Events announced today that NuoDB, Inc., the leader in webscale distributed database technology, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. NuoDB was launched in 2010 by industry-renowned database architect Jim Starkey and accomplished software CEO Barry Morris to deliver a webscale distributed database management system that is specifically designed for the cloud and the modern datacenter.
Aug. 10, 2014 05:30 PM EDT Reads: 4,347
SYS-CON Events announced today that Cloudian, Inc., the leading provider of hybrid cloud storage solutions, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 15th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Cloudian is a Foster City, Calif.-based software company specializing in cloud storage. Cloudian HyperStore® is an S3-compatible cloud object storage platform that enables service providers and enterprises to build reliable, affordable and scalable hybrid cloud storage solutions. Cloudian actively partners with leading cloud computing environments including Amazon Web Services, Citrix Cloud Platform, Apache CloudStack, OpenStack and the vast ecosystem of S3 compatible tools and applications. Cloudian's customers include Vodafone, Nextel, NTT, Nifty, and LunaCloud. The company has additional offices in China and Japan.
Aug. 10, 2014 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,098
- @ThingsExpo | ARM Server to Transform #Cloud and #BigData to #IoT
- DevOps Summit Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- WSTA Named “Association Sponsor” of Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- Docker + Stackato: The Perfect Workload Portability Solution
- SaaS Represents the Commoditization of Business Function
- What DevOps Can Do About Cloud's Predictable Provisioning Problem
- Rise of the Thing - Internet of Things
- My Journey to #DevOps Enlightenment
- Network Security: Is It Time to Think Like a Thief?
- Cloud Encryption Best Practices for Financial Services
- WebRTC Summit Names Peter Dunkley "Summit Chair" At @ThingsExpo
- Real-Time Fraud Detection in the Cloud
- Direction for Software Developers in the Cloud
- @ThingsExpo | ARM Server to Transform #Cloud and #BigData to #IoT
- CiRBA Executives Speaking at Key Upcoming Industry Events
- Global Financial Firms Can Effectively Address Technology Risk Guidelines
- Eight Ways Cloud-Empowered HCM Solutions Are Driving Business Success
- WebRTC Summit Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- DevOps Summit Silicon Valley Call for Papers Now Open
- Top Five Best Practices for Your Application PaaS Audience
- WSTA Named “Association Sponsor” of Cloud Expo Silicon Valley
- PEER 1 Hosting to Exhibit at Cloud Expo New York
- WSO2 Guest Speakers at WSO2Con Europe 2014 Will Examine Technology Developments and Best Practices Enabling the Connected Business
- Call for Papers for Cloud Expo 2014 Silicon Valley Opens
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- What is Cloud Computing?
- Six Benefits of Cloud Computing
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Twenty-One Experts Define Cloud Computing
- What's the Difference Between Cloud Computing and SaaS?
- A Brief History of Cloud Computing: Is the Cloud There Yet?
- The Future of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Computing Expo 2009 West: Call for Papers Now Closed
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Virtualization Conference Keynote Webcast Live on SYS-CON.TV
- Ulitzer Names the World's 30 Most Influential Cloud Computing Bloggers