|By Marketwired .||
|December 30, 2013 08:00 PM EST||
SUNNYVALE, CA -- (Marketwired) -- 12/30/13 -- Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), the industry leader in network innovation, today announced that Cyberport will deploy Juniper Networks® Contrail as the virtual network solution for its Cyberport Community Cloud. The new offering from Cyberport is designed to give ICT (information and communications technology) start-ups hands-on experience with a state-of-the-art cloud environment and serve as a gateway to public cloud services.
To grow top line revenue and control cost, Cyberport was looking to migrate from traditional data center architecture to a more flexible and agile cloud infrastructure. They have been testing and piloting a cloud computing environment, based on the OpenStack cloud orchestration system for its community start-up companies since 2010 and was one of Juniper's global customers to be involved in Juniper Networks Contrail solution trials.
With a vision to establish itself as a leading ICT hub in the Asia-Pacific region, Cyberport contributes to the growth of the Hong Kong digital economy by nurturing industry start-ups and entrepreneurs, leading collaboration to pool resources and create business opportunities, and accelerating ICT adoption through strategic initiatives and partnerships.
- Over 30 cloud-based applications developed by the start-up community have been tested on Cyberport's pilot cloud platform as part of a highly-successful Contrail proof-of-concept trial.
- Juniper Networks Contrail will enable Cyberport to offer network-as-a-service within its community cloud. The introduction of a self-service portal enables Cyberport customers to subscribe and self-provision compute, storage, network assets and enjoy bandwidth on-demand.
- Juniper Networks Contrail is expected to provide Cyberport a simple way to connect physical networks with a virtual environment and provision underlying services, thus reducing the time, cost and risk for the users when configuring the network.
- With Contrail, Cyberport will be able to create new services and monetization opportunities through increased automation and higher utilization of existing infrastructure without adding headcount to the team.
- Cyberport will deploy a Juniper Networks MX80 3D Universal Edge Router for network bandwidth and IP provisioning. Cyberport will also leverage Contrail's open standard protocols to orchestrate on-the-fly configuration changes across its data center switching and routing infrastructure to establish virtual networks that dynamically support operations in the community cloud.
- Juniper Networks' Contrail will also enable Cyberport to support the federation of its community cloud with public cloud environments, increasing the speed of business and service innovation for its start-up customers by making the network more dynamic, flexible and automated.
- The combination of Contrail and MX Universal SDN Gateway platform will not only provide a scalable and production ready solution for Cyberport, by leveraging a standards-based architecture that integrates with a wide variety of hypervisors, physical networks and cloud orchestration platform such as OpenStack -- Juniper Networks Contrail will also eliminate the risk of Cyberport becoming subject to vendor lock-in.
"Cyberport is among the first of many customers turning to Juniper Networks Contrail to help unleash the full potential of cloud computing to drive agility, fuel innovation and reduce costs. Together with our broad partner ecosystem, we are providing Cyberport and other customers with a production-ready solution that meets their business needs and eliminates the barriers that have stifled network innovation in the past."
- Aruna Ravichandran, vice president of product and solutions marketing, Juniper Networks
- Juniper Networks Contrail homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/products-services/sdn/contrail/
- Juniper Networks SDN homepage: http://www.juniper.net/us/en/dm/sdn/
- More information on OpenContrail: http://opencontrail.org/
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR) delivers innovation across routing, switching and security. From the network core down to consumer devices, Juniper Networks' innovations in software, silicon and systems transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.
Statements in this press release concerning Juniper Networks' prospects, future products and prospective benefits to customers are forward-looking statements that involve a number of uncertainties and risks. Actual results or events could differ materially from those anticipated in those forward-looking statements as a result of certain factors, including delays in scheduled product availability, the company's failure to accurately predict emerging technological trends, and other factors listed in Juniper Networks' most recent reports on Form 10-K and 10-Q filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. All statements made in this press release are made only as of the date of this press release. Juniper Networks undertakes no obligation to update the information in this release in the event facts or circumstances subsequently change after the date of this press release. Any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification that may be referenced in this press release are for information purposes only, are subject to change at any time without notice and are not commitments to deliver any future product, feature, enhancement or related specification. The information contained in this press release is intended to outline Juniper Networks' general product direction and should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision.
Cloud scalability and performance should be at the heart of every successful Internet venture. The infrastructure needs to be resilient, flexible, and fast – it’s best not to get caught thinking about architecture until the middle of an emergency, when it's too late. In his interactive, no-holds-barred session at 14th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Development Community Advocate for SoftLayer, will dive into how to design and build-out the right cloud infrastructure.
Apr. 16, 2014 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,060
Cloud backup and recovery services are critical to safeguarding an organization’s data and ensuring business continuity when technical failures and outages occur. With so many choices, how do you find the right provider for your specific needs? In his session at 14th Cloud Expo, Daniel Jacobson, Technology Manager at BUMI, will outline the key factors including backup configurations, proactive monitoring, data restoration, disaster recovery drills, security, compliance and data center resources. Aside from the technical considerations, the secret sauce in identifying the best vendor is the level of focus, expertise and specialization of their engineering team and support group, and how they monitor your day-to-day backups, provide recommendations, and guide you through restores when necessary.
Apr. 15, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,099
SYS-CON Events announced today that SherWeb, a long-time leading provider of cloud services and Microsoft's 2013 World Hosting Partner of the Year, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 14th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 10–12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. A worldwide hosted services leader ranking in the prestigious North American Deloitte Technology Fast 500TM, and Microsoft's 2013 World Hosting Partner of the Year, SherWeb provides competitive cloud solutions to businesses and partners around the world. Founded in 1998, SherWeb is a privately owned company headquartered in Quebec, Canada. Its service portfolio includes Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, Dynamics CRM and more.
Apr. 15, 2014 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,337
The world of cloud and application development is not just for the hardened developer these days. In their session at 14th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Development Community Advocate for SoftLayer, and Harold Hannon, Sr. Software Architect at SoftLayer, will pull back the curtain of the architecture of a fun demo application purpose-built for the cloud. They will focus on demonstrating how they leveraged compute, storage, messaging, and other cloud elements hosted at SoftLayer to lower the effort and difficulty of putting together a useful application. This will be an active demonstration and review of simple command-line tools and resources, so don’t be afraid if you are not a seasoned developer.
Apr. 15, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,633
You use an agile process; your goal is to make your organization more agile. What about your data infrastructure? The truth is, today’s databases are anything but agile – they are effectively static repositories that are cumbersome to work with, difficult to change, and cannot keep pace with application demands. Performance suffers as a result, and it takes far longer than it should to deliver on new features and capabilities needed to make your organization competitive. As your application and business needs change, data repositories and structures get outmoded rapidly, resulting in increased work for application developers and slow performance for end users. Further, as data sizes grow into the Big Data realm, this problem is exacerbated and becomes even more difficult to address. A seemingly simple schema change can take hours (or more) to perform, and as requirements evolve the disconnect between existing data structures and actual needs diverge.
Apr. 15, 2014 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,097
SYS-CON Events announced today that BUMI, a premium managed service provider specializing in data backup and recovery, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 14th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 10–12, 2014, at the Javits Center in New York City, New York. Manhattan-based BUMI (Backup My Info!) is a premium managed service provider specializing in data backup and recovery. Founded in 2002, the company’s Here, There and Everywhere data backup and recovery solutions are utilized by more than 500 businesses. BUMI clients include professional service organizations such as banking, financial, insurance, accounting, hedge funds and law firms. The company is known for its relentless passion for customer service and support, and has won numerous awards, including Customer Service Provider of the Year and 10 Best Companies to Work For.
Apr. 14, 2014 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,552
Chief Security Officers (CSO), CIOs and IT Directors are all concerned with providing a secure environment from which their business can innovate and customers can safely consume without the fear of Distributed Denial of Service attacks. To be successful in today's hyper-connected world, the enterprise needs to leverage the capabilities of the web and be ready to innovate without fear of DDoS attacks, concerns about application security and other threats. Organizations face great risk from increasingly frequent and sophisticated attempts to render web properties unavailable, and steal intellectual property or personally identifiable information. Layered security best practices extend security beyond the data center, delivering DDoS protection and maintaining site performance in the face of fast-changing threats.
Apr. 12, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,736
From data center to cloud to the network. In his session at 3rd SDDC Expo, Raul Martynek, CEO of Net Access, will identify the challenges facing both data center providers and enterprise IT as they relate to cross-platform automation. He will then provide insight into designing, building, securing and managing the technology as an integrated service offering. Topics covered include: High-density data center design Network (and SDN) integration and automation Cloud (and hosting) infrastructure considerations Monitoring and security Management approaches Self-service and automation
Apr. 12, 2014 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,545
In his session at 14th Cloud Expo, David Holmes, Vice President at OutSystems, will demonstrate the immense power that lives at the intersection of mobile apps and cloud application platforms. Attendees will participate in a live demonstration – an enterprise mobile app will be built and changed before their eyes – on their own devices. David Holmes brings over 20 years of high-tech marketing leadership to OutSystems. Prior to joining OutSystems, he was VP of Global Marketing for Damballa, a leading provider of network security solutions. Previously, he was SVP of Global Marketing for Jacada where his branding and positioning expertise helped drive the company from start-up days to a $55 million initial public offering on Nasdaq.
Apr. 11, 2014 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,746
Performance is the intersection of power, agility, control, and choice. If you value performance, and more specifically consistent performance, you need to look beyond simple virtualized compute. Many factors need to be considered to create a truly performant environment. In his General Session at 14th Cloud Expo, Marc Jones, Vice President of Product Innovation for SoftLayer, will explain how to take advantage of a multitude of compute options and platform features to make cloud the cornerstone of your online presence.
Apr. 8, 2014 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,991 Replies: 1
Are you interested in accelerating innovation, simplifying deployments, reducing complexity, and lowering development costs? The cloud is changing the face of application development and deployment, with enterprise-grade infrastructure and platform services making it possible for you to build and rapidly scale enterprise applications. In his session at 14th Cloud Expo, Gene Eun, Sr. Director, Oracle Cloud at Oracle, will discuss the latest solutions and strategies for application developers and enterprise IT organizations to leverage Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) to build and deploy modern business applications in the cloud.
Apr. 8, 2014 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,126
Hybrid cloud refers to the federation of a public and private cloud environment for the purpose of extending the elastic and flexibility of compute, storage and network capabilities, in an on-demand, pay-as-you go basis. The hybrid approach allows a business to take advantage of the scalability and cost-effectiveness that a public cloud computing environment offers without exposing mission-critical applications and data to third-party vulnerabilities. Hybrid cloud environments involve complex management challenges. First, organizations struggle to maintain control over the resources that lie outside of their managed IT scope. They also need greater infrastructure visibility to help reduce maintenance costs and ensure that their company data and resources are properly handled and secured.
Apr. 8, 2014 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,943
As more applications and services move "to the cloud" (public or on-premise), cloud environments are increasingly adopting and building out traditional enterprise features. This in turn is enabling and encouraging cloud adoption from enterprise users. In many ways the definition is blurring as features like continuous operation, geo-distribution or on-demand capacity become the norm. At NuoDB we're involved in both building enterprise software and using enterprise cloud capabilities. In his session at 14th Cloud Expo, Seth Proctor, CTO of NuoDB, Inc., will cover experiences from building, deploying and using enterprise services and suggest some ways to approach moving enterprise applications into a cloud model.
Apr. 7, 2014 08:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,869
Understanding the future of Big Data is crucial in the early stages of decision making around Big Data architectures. In the enterprise, what stands out is the need to integrate Hadoop smoothly into your existing data warehouse architecture, while taking advantage of existing skills and investments. In his General Session at 14th Cloud Expo, Marty Gubar, Director of Product Management at Oracle, will present a strategy for enabling integrated data management using both Hadoop and relational technologies. In particular, he'll look at how SQL, long the standard for the data warehouse, is increasingly being used on Hadoop. The real prize, though, is Smart SQL processing, seamlessly integrating the data warehouse and Hadoop into a single, Big Data Management System.
Apr. 6, 2014 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,110
The time has come for humanity’s first interstellar trek to Terranuvem, the cloud planet, and Chief Engineer Cyrus Agarwal has been chosen to ready a ship for the voyage. He must make the right architectural choices to transform the ship for the long journey and be prepared for the unknown. He will be tested and overcome challenges during the mission. Join Cyrus and the crew of the Stratus at Oracle VP Rex Wang’s Day 2 Keynote at 14th Cloud Expo for a unique, sci-fi movie experience while learning key success factors for your own journey to cloud.
Apr. 4, 2014 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,970
- ARM Server to Transform Cloud and Big Data to the Internet of Things
- I’m Not Scared of DevOps and You Shouldn’t Be Either
- Agile Development Drives Enterprise DevOps & Public Cloud Adoption
- Routing: How DevOps Bridges IT Gaps & Enables Software-Defined Something
- How Dell Converts Social Media Analytics into Strategic Business Advantage
- Predictive Analytics for IT – Filling the Gaps in APM
- Making the Internet of Things Real for Business
- APM Convergence: Monitoring vs. Management
- Six Daily Tips for DevOps
- DevOps and Sigma Shifts: Business Transformation Goes Gr̶eek
- Getting Started with Windows Azure IaaS
- Five Things Developers Need to Know About PaaS
- ARM Server to Transform Cloud and Big Data to the Internet of Things
- Cloud Solutions and Technology
- DevOps Summit 2014 New York Registration Now Open
- Data Centers & Dedicated Servers: What Will Govt Cutbacks Mean to You?
- I’m Not Scared of DevOps and You Shouldn’t Be Either
- Time To Join The DevOps Movement
- 2nd WebRTC Summit Registration Now Open
- Everything You Wanted to Know About Cloud Hosting
- Building Video Calling with PubNub and WebRTC
- Can Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Improve BYOD Security Issues?
- Agile Development Drives Enterprise DevOps & Public Cloud Adoption
- Mobility: Your Workplace Always Within Reach
- The Top 150 Players in Cloud Computing
- What is Cloud Computing?
- Six Benefits of Cloud Computing
- The Top 250 Players in the Cloud Computing Ecosystem
- Twenty-One Experts Define Cloud Computing
- What's the Difference Between Cloud Computing and SaaS?
- A Brief History of Cloud Computing: Is the Cloud There Yet?
- The Future of Cloud Computing
- Virtualization Conference Keynote Webcast Live on SYS-CON.TV
- Cloud Computing Expo 2009 West: Call for Papers Now Closed
- Cloud People: A Who's Who of Cloud Computing
- Cloud Expo Europe 2009 in Prague: Themes & Topics