|By Liz McMillan||
|January 30, 2014 06:45 AM EST||
The explosive growth of cloud, mobile, and social technologies is driving the need for organizations to gain faster and easier access to innovative and trusted business applications. To address this need, Oracle launched the Oracle Cloud Marketplace at Oracle OpenWorld 2013. Today, Oracle announced that DocuSign and Badgeville have created innovative new business applications using Oracle Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS) and listed them in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace. The Oracle Cloud Marketplace features hundreds of business applications developed by Oracle partners such as DocuSign and Badgeville, and enables Oracle Cloud customers to easily browse, evaluate, and license trusted business applications.
- Extending its commitment to providing customers with easy access to innovative and trusted Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud applications, Oracle today announced the availability of new applications from DocuSign and Badgeville on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace.
- DocuSign, the global leader in eSignature transaction management, has listed its eSignature solution, an extension to the Oracle Sales Cloud, on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace to help Oracle users accelerate transactions to increase speed to results, reduce costs, and delight customers.
- Badgeville, a global leader in gamification technology to drive customer loyalty and employee performance, has listed its solution, The Behavior Platform for Oracle Sales Cloud, on the Oracle Cloud Marketplace.
- Leveraging the Oracle Java Cloud Service, an Oracle Cloud PaaS offering, both DocuSign and Badgeville developed their applications to extend and integrate with the Oracle Sales Cloud.
- Oracle Cloud PaaS provides an enterprise-grade application development and deployment platform in the cloud. With Oracle Cloud PaaS, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) partners can quickly and easily create scalable, standards-based applications that extend Oracle Cloud SaaS applications.
- The Oracle Cloud Marketplace gives Oracle partners a highly effective cloud applications distribution channel, providing an opportunity to market and sell innovative solutions directly to Oracle's customer base.
- With the Oracle Cloud Marketplace, Oracle Cloud customers and partners can achieve greater success with trusted and innovative applications in key business areas including sales and marketing; customer service and support; finance and operations; human resources; and software development.
- The Oracle Cloud Marketplace provides Oracle Cloud customers with an easy to use interface to search and find applications best suited to meet their business needs. Application listings in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace include relevant details, such as user ratings and reviews, to help customers determine whether applications are a good fit for their businesses.
- With the Oracle Cloud Marketplace, Oracle's extensive ecosystem of 390,000 customers, 25,000 partners and 15 million community developers can foster and cultivate an environment of shared innovation.
- "To remain competitive in today's highly connected business environment, organizations are increasingly adopting innovative cloud applications to support their everyday business operations. We are happy to see partners like DocuSign and Badgeville building new extensions to Oracle Cloud SaaS applications by leveraging a secure and enterprise-grade platform that is based on open standards, integrated to work together seamlessly and one that supports full portability between on-premise and cloud environments," said Prashant Ketkar, VP Product Management, Oracle.
- "DocuSign helps organizations of all sizes and industries keep business digital from start to finish to accelerate speed to results, reduce costs, and delight customers," said Neil Hudspith, Chief Revenue Officer, DocuSign. "We wanted a platform that allows for configuring once and deploying to multiple devices such as desktop and mobile. Oracle Cloud PaaS and the Oracle Cloud Marketplace delivered exactly what we needed. Extending the Oracle Sales Cloud helps our customers quickly and easily access sales contracts and securely DocuSign them to close deals -- anytime, anywhere."
- "Badgeville's gamification platform supercharges sales performance by motivating desired employee and partner behaviors in the Oracle Sales Cloud. In choosing Oracle Cloud PaaS, we found an integrated and efficient platform for development and deployment and the Oracle Cloud Marketplace to quickly and easily get our solution to market," said Ted Farrell, CTO Badgeville.
- Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- Sign up - Oracle Cloud
- Learn more - Oracle Cloud
- Join the Oracle Cloud online communities: Twitter, Facebook and blogs
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NYSE: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2016' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited t...
Jul. 1, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 524
[session] The Factory of the Future, Today By @Cisco | @ThingsExpo #IoT #BigData #DigitalTransformation
IoT offers a value of almost $4 trillion to the manufacturing industry through platforms that can improve margins, optimize operations & drive high performance work teams. By using IoT technologies as a foundation, manufacturing customers are integrating worker safety with manufacturing systems, driving deep collaboration and utilizing analytics to exponentially increased per-unit margins. However, as Benoit Lheureux, the VP for Research at Gartner points out, “IoT project implementers often ...
Jun. 30, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 695
Unless your company can spend a lot of money on new technology, re-engineering your environment and hiring a comprehensive cybersecurity team, you will most likely move to the cloud or seek external service partnerships. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Darren Guccione, CEO of Keeper Security, revealed what you need to know when it comes to encryption in the cloud.
Jun. 30, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 471
"We work in the area of Big Data analytics and Big Data analytics is a very crowded space - you have Hadoop, ETL, warehousing, visualization and there's a lot of effort trying to get these tools to talk to each other," explained Mukund Deshpande, head of the Analytics practice at Accelerite, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 30, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 617
Edge Hosting has announced a partnership with and the availability of CloudFlare, a web application firewall, CDN and DDoS mitigation service. “This partnership enhances Edge Hosting’s world class, perimeter layer, application (layer 7) defensive mechanism,” said Mark Houpt, Edge Hosting CISO. “The goal was to enable a new layer of customer controlled defense and compliance through the application of DDoS filters and mitigations, the web application firewall (WAF) feature and the added benefit ...
Jun. 30, 2016 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 731
[session] Redis Functions and Data Structures By @DaveNielsen | @CloudExpo #Cloud #Redis #Containers
Redis is not only the fastest database, but it is the most popular among the new wave of databases running in containers. Redis speeds up just about every data interaction between your users or operational systems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Dave Nielsen, Developer Advocate, Redis Labs, will share the functions and data structures used to solve everyday use cases that are driving Redis' popularity.
Jun. 30, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 397
"SpeedyCloud's specialty lies in providing cloud services - we provide IaaS for Internet and enterprises companies," explained Hao Yu, CEO and co-founder of SpeedyCloud, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 30, 2016 06:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,030
Your business relies on your applications and your employees to stay in business. Whether you develop apps or manage business critical apps that help fuel your business, what happens when users experience sluggish performance? You and all technical teams across the organization – application, network, operations, among others, as well as, those outside the organization, like ISPs and third-party providers – are called in to solve the problem.
Jun. 30, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,015
Creating replica copies to tolerate a certain number of failures is easy, but very expensive at cloud-scale. Conventional RAID has lower overhead, but it is limited in the number of failures it can tolerate. And the management is like herding cats (overseeing capacity, rebuilds, migrations, and degraded performance). Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Scott Cleland, Senior Director of Product Marketing for the HGST Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, discusse...
Jun. 30, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,171
The cloud promises new levels of agility and cost-savings for Big Data, data warehousing and analytics. But it’s challenging to understand all the options – from IaaS and PaaS to newer services like HaaS (Hadoop as a Service) and BDaaS (Big Data as a Service). In her session at @BigDataExpo at @ThingsExpo, Hannah Smalltree, a director at Cazena, provided an educational overview of emerging “as-a-service” options for Big Data in the cloud. This is critical background for IT and data profession...
Jun. 30, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 453
"Tintri was started in 2008 with the express purpose of building a storage appliance that is ideal for virtualized environments. We support a lot of different hypervisor platforms from VMware to OpenStack to Hyper-V," explained Dan Florea, Director of Product Management at Tintri, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 30, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 397
Machine Learning helps make complex systems more efficient. By applying advanced Machine Learning techniques such as Cognitive Fingerprinting, wind project operators can utilize these tools to learn from collected data, detect regular patterns, and optimize their own operations. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Stuart Gillen, Director of Business Development at SparkCognition, discussed how research has demonstrated the value of Machine Learning in delivering next generation analytics to imp...
Jun. 30, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,014
It's easy to assume that your app will run on a fast and reliable network. The reality for your app's users, though, is often a slow, unreliable network with spotty coverage. What happens when the network doesn't work, or when the device is in airplane mode? You get unhappy, frustrated users. An offline-first app is an app that works, without error, when there is no network connection. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Bradley Holt, a Developer Advocate with IBM Cloud Data Services, discussed...
Jun. 30, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,047
In the world of DevOps there are ‘known good practices’ – aka ‘patterns’ – and ‘known bad practices’ – aka ‘anti-patterns.' Many of these patterns and anti-patterns have been developed from real world experience, especially by the early adopters of DevOps theory; but many are more feasible in theory than in practice, especially for more recent entrants to the DevOps scene. In this power panel at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, moderated by DevOps Conference Chair Andi Mann, panelists discusse...
Jun. 30, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,000
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
Jun. 30, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,275
Connected devices and the industrial internet are growing exponentially every year with Cisco expecting 50 billion devices to be in operation by 2020. In this period of growth, location-based insights are becoming invaluable to many businesses as they adopt new connected technologies. Knowing when and where these devices connect from is critical for a number of scenarios in supply chain management, disaster management, emergency response, M2M, location marketing and more. In his session at @Th...
Jun. 30, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,359
As organizations shift towards IT-as-a-service models, the need for managing and protecting data residing across physical, virtual, and now cloud environments grows with it. Commvault can ensure protection, access and E-Discovery of your data – whether in a private cloud, a Service Provider delivered public cloud, or a hybrid cloud environment – across the heterogeneous enterprise. In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Randy De Meno, Chief Technologist - Windows Products and Microsoft Part...
Jun. 30, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 729
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Jun. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,520
What does it look like when you have access to cloud infrastructure and platform under the same roof? Let’s talk about the different layers of Technology as a Service: who cares, what runs where, and how does it all fit together. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Phil Jackson, Lead Technology Evangelist at SoftLayer, an IBM company, spoke about the picture being painted by IBM Cloud and how the tools being crafted can help fill the gaps in your IT infrastructure.
Jun. 30, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,028
"delaPlex is a software development company. We do team-based outsourcing development," explained Mark Rivers, COO and Co-founder of delaPlex Software, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jun. 30, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 619