|By Pat Romanski||
|September 4, 2014 10:00 AM EDT||
Salesforce.com announced continued growth and momentum around Salesforce Wear with Epson, Jawbone, Meta, Oculus and Vuzix joining the Salesforce Wear device ecosystem.
The Salesforce Wear app ecosystem demonstrates the potential of wearable technology across industries with the introduction of enterprise apps built on the Salesforce1 Platform.
Comments on the News
- "The explosive growth of Salesforce Wear has validated the need for a unified platform to bring together software companies, wearable device manufacturers and developers wanting to create apps that will enable companies to connect with customers in entirely new ways," said Daniel Debow, SVP of emerging technologies, salesforce.com.
- "ClickSoftware is embracing wearables as an exciting next step to drive great customer experiences, employee productivity and satisfaction," said Mike Karlskind, VP of product marketing, ClickSoftware. "Workers in the field are often juggling multiple physical tasks, and having a device to monitor their safety or provide real-time prompts based on inputs from a wearable is making the future a reality for today's workforce."
- "With wearable solutions, Etherios is transforming device data into actionable information through the Internet of Things in order to better patients' lives," said Mike Dannenfeldt, SVP, Etherios. "Remote monitoring facilitated by wearable devices is enabling independence from the comfort of patients' own homes."
- "By leveraging technology from Meta's glasses and the Salesforce1 Platform, customers will be able to walk into a car dealership, receive a pair of glasses and find themselves looking at a life-sized hologram of a vehicle of their choice," Adam Shames, head of strategic partnerships, Meta. "This customer experience combines the best elements of a face-to-face discussion and an experience that is much more engaging and meaningful than looking at brochures and chatting with someone behind a desk."
- "Accenture believes that wearable technologies have exciting use cases not only for consumers, in areas such as fitness and health monitoring and wearable fashion, but also powerful applications within the enterprise, enabling maintenance workers to quickly identify parts in the field, or allowing surgeons to connect with experts to get guidance on complicated procedures," said Brent Blum, lead of wearable technology practice, Accenture. "Through our experience working with leading clients on cutting edge consumer and enterprise deployments, we've seen first-hand the potential wearables have to transform the way people live and work. Like salesforce.com, we see a very promising future for wearable technologies and are pleased to be working together to deliver solutions in this area."
Salesforce Wear Momentum
Announced earlier this year, Salesforce Wear included the Salesforce Wear Developer Pack to empower developers to accelerate their ability to connect companies with their customers through wearable apps. The Salesforce Wear Developer Pack provides enterprise developers with sample code, documentation, demonstrations and reference apps for a growing list of devices. Salesforce Wear already includes support for Android Wear, ARM, Fitbit, Google Glass, Myo from Thalmic, Nymi from Bionym, OMSignal, Pebble, Philips and Samsung Gear II.
Additional Salesforce Wear Device Support
Building on the success of the device ecosystem, today Salesforce Wear extends support for additional wearable devices, including:
- Epson Moverio – Smart glasses
- Jawbone UP – Fitness tracker
- Meta Glasses – 3D smart glasses
- Oculus Rift – Virtual reality headset for an immersive 3D experience
- Vuzix M100 Smart Glasses – Android based wearable computing, communications and display system
New Enterprise Apps Demonstrate the Power of Wearables
The Salesforce Wear app ecosystem is comprised of a growing number of ISV's that are rapidly developing apps on the Salesforce1 Platform for a variety of industries across multiple devices. Available today on the AppExchange, Salesforce Wear apps include:
- 2lemetry: With the connected SafetyCare wearable device, senior care patients can simply swipe across the screen of the wearable to request immediate assistance, allowing them to stay connected at home, and delivering rapid resolution to issues.
- Alpine Metrics: With Alpine Metrics' free app, Intelligent Forecasting, salespeople get instant access to important trends on their wearable device to better understand what's happening with their business and prioritize deals in real time.
- APX-Labs: Through the integration of the Skylight Platform, Salesforce Wear and several smart glass providers, APX-Labs is enabling field workers, such as telecom service technicians or utility workers, to quickly log a case in the Salesforce Service Cloud, all while they continue to work.
- Brivo Labs: Brivo Labs' identity access management application, NthID, works with Nymi's persistent identity authentication using a person's cardiac rhythm – a unique quality to every individual – to allow for safe, secure and easy access to both laptops and physical spaces.
- ClickSoftware: The ShiftExpert app from ClickSoftware works with devices such as the Samsung Gear II to enable employees to complete tasks such as clocking in and out, which are then automatically incorporated into timesheets.
- Etherios: Through a series of apps from Etherios, patients' health is monitored after leaving the hospital in real time through connected scales, blood pressure cuffs and pulse oximeters. Remote monitoring is enabling individuals to live healthier lives in the comfort of their own homes.
- FacialNetwork: Powered by FacialNetwork, the HospitalityID app provides customer service reps wearing smart glasses instant identification of guests. Through integration with Salesforce1, FacialNetwork can then access guest preferences helping users exceed customer expectations.
- Proximity Insight: Proximity Insight's app sends Android Wear notifications to staff when a VIP customer comes within range of their location, allowing them to create a personalized experience.
"By 2017, wearable devices will drive 50 percent of total mobile app interactions," wrote Roxane Edjlali, research director, Gartner in the "Adapt Your Information Infrastructure in the Age of Consumer-Centric Mobile Apps" report published May 6, 2014. "Mobile app data is often siloed, and IT leaders will find data from apps that use cloud-based information repositories even more diffuse."
Pricing & Availability
- Salesforce Wear Developer Pack is generally available and is included with all user licenses of Salesforce CRM and the Force.com Platform.
- The Salesforce Wear Developer Pack is available at http://developer.salesforce.com/wear
Salesforce.com is the world's largest provider of customer relationship management (CRM) software. For more information about salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), visit: www.salesforce.com.
Any unreleased services or features referenced in this or other press releases or public statements are not currently available and may not be delivered on time or at all. Customers who purchase salesforce.com applications should make their purchase decisions based upon features that are currently available. Salesforce.com has headquarters in San Francisco, with offices in Europe and Asia, and trades on the New York Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol "CRM." For more information please visit http://salesforce.com, or call 1-800-NO-SOFTWARE.
Salesforce.com Presentation at @ThingsExpo New York
A lot of people are heralding IoT as the future, but what can your business do today? Quite a lot, it turns out, if you know what to look for and how to talk about it.
Download Slide Deck: ▸ Here
In his session at @ThingsExpo, Reid Carlberg, Senior Director at Salesforce.com, discussed business processes ripe for IoT style solutions and provide real-world examples in operation today. He also covered several fun ways to inspire your organization, share some lessons learned about solution development and offer several next steps designed to get you started. If you missed Reid's Internet of @ThingsExpo New York session, here are his presentation slides to learn how to kick start your company's IoT efforts into high gear.
Reid Carlberg hacks quadcopters, automates 3D printers and built the only hot sauce-inator in enterprise software today. As a Senior Director on the Developer Evangelism team at Salesforce.com, Reid helps developer communities around the world understand and work with the Salesforce1 Platform. Since joining the company, he has launched hundreds of new apps on the AppExchange as part of the Salesforce Labs program, taught thousands of developers about the Internet of Things at the Dreamforce 2013 Connected Device Lab and spoken about cloud app development around the world. Reid lives in Chicago.
2nd International Internet of @ThingsExpo will take place November 4-6, 2014 at the Santa Clara Convention Center, Santa Clara, California with over 100 major sponsors and exhibitors in 2014 and more than 6,000 delegates from 17 countries.
Internet of @ThingsExpo this week launched the premiere issue of its monthly newsletter which contains highlights of the hottest sessions and speakers from Internet of @ThingsExpo, speaking information as well as sponsorship opportunities.
Download @ThingsExpo Newsletter ▸ Here
Chris Matthieu Named Internet of @ThingsExpo Tech Chair
Internet of @ThingsExpo has announced today that Chris Matthieu has been named tech chair of Internet of @ThingsExpo 2014 Silicon Valley.
Chris Matthieu has two decades of telecom and web experience. He launched his Teleku cloud communications-as-a-service platform at eComm in 2010, which was acquired by Voxeo. Next he built an open source Node.JS PaaS called Nodester, which was acquired by AppFog. His new startup is Twelephone (http://twelephone.com). Leveraging HTML5 and WebRTC, Twelephone's BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) is to become the next generation telecom company running in the Web browser.
Tracks and topics for Internet of Internet of @ThingsExpo Silicon Valley will include:
Consumer IoT and Wearables Track
- Smart Appliances
- Smart Cars
- Smartphones 2.0
- Smart Travel
- Personal Fitness
- Health Care
- Personalized Marketing
- Customized Shopping
- Personal Finance
- The Digital Divide
- Mobile Cash & Markets
- Games & the IoT
- The Future of Education
- Virtual Reality
Video: @ThingsExpo power panel discussion at Internet of @ThingsExpo New York
Enterprise IoT Track
- The Business Case for IoT
- Smart Grids
- Smart Cities
- Smart Transportation
- The Smart Home
- Wiring the IoT
- The Internet of Everything
- Digital Transformation of Enterprise IT
- Local & State Government
- Federal Government
IoT Developer and WebRTC Track
- Eclipse Foundation
- Cloud Foundry
- Linux Containers
- Open Source Hardware
- AJAX and the IoT
- Leveraging SOA
- Multi-Cloud IoT
- Evolving Standards
- Security & Privacy Protocols
- GPS & Proximity Services
- Nest Labs
@ThingsExpo billboard is viewed by more than 1.3 million motorists per week on Highway 101, in the heart of Silicon Valley.
Sponsorship Opportunities or Internet of @ThingsExpo 2014 Silicon Valley
Internet of @ThingsExpo 2014 Silicon Valley "show prospectus" has shipped. Sponsorship, exhibit, and keynote opportunities can be obtained from Carmen Gonzalez by email at events (at) sys-con.com, or by phone 201 802-3021.
About SYS-CON Media & Events
SYS-CON Media (www.sys-con.com) has since 1994 been connecting technology companies and customers through a comprehensive content stream at www.sys-con.com - featuring over forty focused subject areas, from Cloud Computing to Web Security - interwoven with market-leading full-scale conferences produced by SYS-CON Events. The company's internationally recognized brands include among others Cloud Expo® (www.CloudComputingExpo.com), Big Data Expo (http://BigDataExpo.net), Virtualization Conference & Expo (www.VirtualizationConference.com), DevOps Summit (http://DevOpsSummit.sys-con.com), Internet of @ThingsExpo (http://www.ThingsExpo.com), SDDC Expo (http://SDDCExpo.sys-con.com), WebRTC Summit (http://WebRTCSummit.net), Government IT Conference & Expo (www.GovITExpo.com), Cloud Computing Bootcamp (www.CloudComputingBootcamp.com), and UlitzerLive! New Media Conference & Expo (http://events.sys-con.com).
Cloud Expo® is a registered trademark of Cloud Expo, Inc.
SYS-CON Events announced today that ReadyTalk, a leading provider of online conferencing and webinar services, has been named Vendor Presentation Sponsor at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. ReadyTalk delivers audio and web conferencing services that inspire collaboration and enable the Future of Work for today’s increasingly digital and mobile workforce. By combining intuitive, innovative tec...
Sep. 26, 2016 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,849
Major trends and emerging technologies – from virtual reality and IoT, to Big Data and algorithms – are helping organizations innovate in the digital era. However, to create real business value, IT must think beyond the ‘what’ of digital transformation to the ‘how’ to harness emerging trends, innovation and disruption. Architecture is the key that underpins and ties all these efforts together. In the digital age, it’s important to invest in architecture, extend the enterprise footprint to the cl...
Sep. 26, 2016 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 285
Fifty billion connected devices and still no winning protocols standards. HTTP, WebSockets, MQTT, and CoAP seem to be leading in the IoT protocol race at the moment but many more protocols are getting introduced on a regular basis. Each protocol has its pros and cons depending on the nature of the communications. Does there really need to be only one protocol to rule them all? Of course not. In his session at @ThingsExpo, Chris Matthieu, co-founder and CTO of Octoblu, walk you through how Oct...
Sep. 26, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,133
SYS-CON Events announced today that Secure Channels will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The bedrock of Secure Channels Technology is a uniquely modified and enhanced process based on superencipherment. Superencipherment is the process of encrypting an already encrypted message one or more times, either using the same or a different algorithm.
Sep. 26, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,586
Vidyo, Inc., has joined the Alliance for Open Media. The Alliance for Open Media is a non-profit organization working to define and develop media technologies that address the need for an open standard for video compression and delivery over the web. As a member of the Alliance, Vidyo will collaborate with industry leaders in pursuit of an open and royalty-free AOMedia Video codec, AV1. Vidyo’s contributions to the organization will bring to bear its long history of expertise in codec technolo...
Sep. 26, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,591
Traditional on-premises data centers have long been the domain of modern data platforms like Apache Hadoop, meaning companies who build their business on public cloud were challenged to run Big Data processing and analytics at scale. But recent advancements in Hadoop performance, security, and most importantly cloud-native integrations, are giving organizations the ability to truly gain value from all their data. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, David Tishgart, Director of Product Marketing ...
Sep. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,831
SYS-CON Events announced today that Bsquare has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's @ThingsExpo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For more than two decades, Bsquare has helped its customers extract business value from a broad array of physical assets by making them intelligent, connecting them, and using the data they generate to optimize business processes.
Sep. 26, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,717
In his keynote at 18th Cloud Expo, Andrew Keys, Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise, provided an overview of the evolution of the Internet and the Database and the future of their combination – the Blockchain. Andrew Keys is Co-Founder of ConsenSys Enterprise. He comes to ConsenSys Enterprise with capital markets, technology and entrepreneurial experience. Previously, he worked for UBS investment bank in equities analysis. Later, he was responsible for the creation and distribution of life sett...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,361
Digitization is driving a fundamental change in society that is transforming the way businesses work with their customers, their supply chains and their people. Digital transformation leverages DevOps best practices, such as Agile Parallel Development, Continuous Delivery and Agile Operations to capitalize on opportunities and create competitive differentiation in the application economy. However, information security has been notably absent from the DevOps movement. Speed doesn’t have to negat...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,111
If you’re responsible for an application that depends on the data or functionality of various IoT endpoints – either sensors or devices – your brand reputation depends on the security, reliability, and compliance of its many integrated parts. If your application fails to deliver the expected business results, your customers and partners won't care if that failure stems from the code you developed or from a component that you integrated. What can you do to ensure that the endpoints work as expect...
Sep. 26, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,619
The Transparent Cloud-computing Consortium (abbreviation: T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data processing High speed and high quality networks, and dramatic improvements in computer processing capabilities, have greatly changed the nature of applications and made the storing and processing of data on the network commonplace.
Sep. 26, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,030
Your business relies on your applications and your employees to stay in business. Whether you develop apps or manage business critical apps that help fuel your business, what happens when users experience sluggish performance? You and all technical teams across the organization – application, network, operations, among others, as well as, those outside the organization, like ISPs and third-party providers – are called in to solve the problem.
Sep. 26, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,529
Cognitive Computing is becoming the foundation for a new generation of solutions that have the potential to transform business. Unlike traditional approaches to building solutions, a cognitive computing approach allows the data to help determine the way applications are designed. This contrasts with conventional software development that begins with defining logic based on the current way a business operates. In her session at 18th Cloud Expo, Judith S. Hurwitz, President and CEO of Hurwitz & ...
Sep. 26, 2016 03:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,919
The vision of a connected smart home is becoming reality with the application of integrated wireless technologies in devices and appliances. The use of standardized and TCP/IP networked wireless technologies in line-powered and battery operated sensors and controls has led to the adoption of radios in the 2.4GHz band, including Wi-Fi, BT/BLE and 802.15.4 applied ZigBee and Thread. This is driving the need for robust wireless coexistence for multiple radios to ensure throughput performance and th...
Sep. 26, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,559
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Sep. 26, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,557
SYS-CON Events announced today that Commvault, a global leader in enterprise data protection and information management, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Commvault is a leading provider of data protection and information management solutions, helping companies worldwide activate their data to drive more value and business insight and to transform moder...
Sep. 26, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,624
The Internet of Things can drive efficiency for airlines and airports. In their session at @ThingsExpo, Shyam Varan Nath, Principal Architect with GE, and Sudip Majumder, senior director of development at Oracle, will discuss the technical details of the connected airline baggage and related social media solutions. These IoT applications will enhance travelers' journey experience and drive efficiency for the airlines and the airports. The session will include a working demo and a technical d...
Sep. 26, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,717
There is little doubt that Big Data solutions will have an increasing role in the Enterprise IT mainstream over time. Big Data at Cloud Expo - to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - has announced its Call for Papers is open. Cloud computing is being adopted in one form or another by 94% of enterprises today. Tens of billions of new devices are being connected to The Internet of Things. And Big Data is driving this bus. An exponential increase is...
Sep. 26, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,586
Digital innovation is the next big wave of business transformation based on digital technologies of which IoT and Big Data are key components, For example: Business boundary innovation is a challenge to excavate third-party business value using IoT and BigData, like Nest Business structure innovation may propose re-building business structure from scratch, as Uber does in the taxicab industry The social model innovation is also a big challenge to the new social architecture with the design fr...
Sep. 26, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,178
The many IoT deployments around the world are busy integrating smart devices and sensors into their enterprise IT infrastructures. Yet all of this technology – and there are an amazing number of choices – is of no use without the software to gather, communicate, and analyze the new data flows. Without software, there is no IT. In this power panel at @ThingsExpo, moderated by Conference Chair Roger Strukhoff, panelists will look at the protocols that communicate data and the emerging data analy...
Sep. 26, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,632